or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 947

post #14191 of 32858

If the S2 sounds thin you're not getting a get fit. Now, the tips aren't suppose to go in deep, but you need as large of a tip that you can take to fill up and seal off your ear canal. Then let the back of the earphone casing rest inside of your ear. Yeah, something is wrong if the S2 sounds "thin" to you. I've never heard it sound thin. It's a very full sound!

post #14192 of 32858

^ DO you have the Sony MH1Cs tips??? For me those gave me the best fit/ seal and comfort. You might wanna try it out if you have those tips.

post #14193 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

^ DO you have the Sony MH1Cs tips??? For me those gave me the best fit/ seal and comfort. You might wanna try it out if you have those tips.

 

Nope! Heard the tips were great though
In fact, do you have a link to a cheap MH1C? Think I might just purchase one just as a backup IEM too :P (Plus I want to try the tips!)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

If the S2 sounds thin you're not getting a get fit. Now, the tips aren't suppose to go in deep, but you need as large of a tip that you can take to fill up and seal off your ear canal. Then let the back of the earphone casing rest inside of your ear. Yeah, something is wrong if the S2 sounds "thin" to you. I've never heard it sound thin. It's a very full sound!

 

Yeah, in fact I can tell the sound has potential, just need the seal
Thanks


Edited by nehcrow - 9/12/13 at 7:58pm
post #14194 of 32858
@nehcrow Have you tried the Complys that come with them yet? Rounded tips make them easier to get a proper seal. I have an XL pair of TSX-200 on mine right now
post #14195 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

 

Nope! Heard the tips were great though
In fact, do you have a link to a cheap MH1C? Think I might just purchase one just as a backup IEM too :P (Plus I want to try the tips!)

 

 

Yeah, in fact I can tell the sound has potential, just need the seal
Thanks

^ Sadly these MH1Cs have gone up in price due to the high demand. :/  You might be able to find some used set on the sales forums.

post #14196 of 32858

had the same fit problem, will try the Complys

post #14197 of 32858
Thread Starter 

Wait. Can you guys get the whole housing into your ears? That is the only real way to get a good seal. If you have to use a long tip to get them to go into your ear canal and have the housing kinda sit outside your ears that would pretty much make the S2 non listenable. I know some guys either have a smaller outer canal or have small ears in general where the housing will not go into the ear.

 

These basically fit just like how you would put in earbuds in your ears. If you can't put earbuds into your ears these or any AT iem will be harder to throw into your ear. Which would kinda suck.


Edited by Dsnuts - 9/12/13 at 9:05pm
post #14198 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Nope! Heard the tips were great though
In fact, do you have a link to a cheap MH1C? Think I might just purchase one just as a backup IEM too :P (Plus I want to try the tips!)

 

Get the drywall filler ready (for when you start punching holes in the wall due to how irritating the cable is lol). But the tips are definitely worth getting if you can find them!

post #14199 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post
 

So far the DX50 sounds really good with the S2, X1 and I'm quite impressed with the pairing with the Onkyo IE's.  Not so good with the KEF M500's though.  Ds should be able to chime in which of the two players (X3, DX50) is the better buy in a few weeks.  Either way, I think both will kick the crap out of iPods and some iPod + amp combos too.  

 

That my friend, is a big 'ol bummer! 

post #14200 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Wait. Can you guys get the whole housing into your ears? That is the only real way to get a good seal. If you have to use a long tip to get them to go into your ear canal and have the housing kinda sit outside your ears that would pretty much make the S2 non listenable. I know some guys either have a smaller outer canal or have small ears in general where the housing will not go into the ear.

 

These basically fit just like how you would put in earbuds in your ears. If you can't put earbuds into your ears these or any AT iem will be harder to throw into your ear. Which would kinda suck.

^ Actually i was gonna post about the fit issues of these earbud/ iem hybrid phones since someone had asked about how these S2s were in terms of fit and comfort. Like i posted that i can't wear earbuds for the life of me cuz they make my ears really sore after just wearing them for a short amount of time. This was certainly true to the Thermaltake Tts and the Brainwavz Beta V2s, BUT i have realized something when i auditioned the ATH CKS1Ks and S2s, that not all earbud/iem hybrids are made equal.

 

I have medium size ears so most if not all medium stock tips fit me the best and surprisingly despite my bad experiences with the Tts and the Beta V2s, which was hard for me to get great sound cuz of the poor fit/seal and bad comfort as the result of the dish housing, the CKS1Ks and the S2s were surprising really comfortable even during prolonged listening sessions. This was the case cuz dish housing of the CKS1Ks has a soft rubber ring over them which provided much better comfort. I had the same experience with the S2s as well cuz the really smooth and rounded ceramic/ metal housing of theirs were able to fit the contours of my ears extremely well. They were in fact more comfortable than even the 1Ks and i could literally wear them ALL day long without any discomfort even though i had bad experiences with iems that had similar housings before. Therefore, not all dish shaped earbud/iem hybrid phones are made the same. Just my 2 cents.

 

Oh and also those dish EARSUB iems very comfy as well, but they did cause some soreness after like 30mins of wearing them due to their hard plastic housing so again not all these iems are built the same. It all depends on what the manufacturer uses to make them more comfy.


Edited by sfwalcer - 9/12/13 at 9:36pm
post #14201 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

That my friend, is a big 'ol bummer! 

Yeah, noticed that as well, the M500 sounded a bit thin. They do sound great with the X3 though.
post #14202 of 32858
M200, landing tomorrow. Woot
post #14203 of 32858
Thread Starter 

Ya the whole synergy thing happening with these daps. My theory is a simple one. Opposites attract in life and in sound. I think the KEF M500 will sound much better on the X3 vs the DX50. The reason why the DX50 got my interest is because they are supposed to have the classic more detailed wide presentation in sound vs the X3s deeper full sound presentation..These 2 players will sound different even though they both use the same WM8740..

 

So my colored phones will play nice with the DX50 and more detailed, neutral phones will mesh more with the X3. Just a theory of course..Something like the S2 and X1 will sound good on both types of sound. I can't deny it has crazy synergy using the X3. It will be interesting to hear how the S2 sounds on the DX50.

 

On a related note. I just found out my CKM99, CKN70s has some nice synergy happening with my X3 as well..Seems AT brightness meshes well with a warmer sound of the X3.


Edited by Dsnuts - 9/12/13 at 9:46pm
post #14204 of 32858

^ I'm gonna hold out for the DAP that has a "DX50 sound or X3 sound" switch!

post #14205 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

^ I'm gonna hold out for the DAP that has a "DX50 sound or X3 sound" switch!
Which would cost you about the same as the AK120. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153