or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 943

post #14131 of 32903
Thread Starter 

Hows that retagging happenin Danny? DX50 in the house..

 

The power of suggestion. So upon checking on Amazon I see they have sold out of the RHA large tips I posted earlier..I wanted to check those out with my kids order of minecraft Legos. Gotta throw in something something for me too. Lol..Will have to order direct from RHA it seems.

 

Anybody here try those out yet? Gotta report and let us know how they are..


Edited by Dsnuts - 9/11/13 at 6:59pm
post #14132 of 32903
Already ordered S2 as well, waiting for delivery, sounds like a winner. CKS 1k fussy about source, as noted earlier, have some coloration and didn't pair well with X3 (though I found the X3/line out/ALO Continental amp A match made in heaven). The 1k was also tough fit for me...REALLY BIG! Complys helped, couldn't get a good fit until then. Not everyone's cuppa joe.
post #14133 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Both CKS1000's are the same I believe. Just the color is different. It is an upgrade in sound but its got a whole different presentation.

Glad I already bought the S2 because that huge write up would have me sold.

 

DaaaannnyyyyBaaaaiiii

I don't get it.

You claim both are the same but it's an upgrade in sound? And different presentation?

Sounds absolutely contradictory.

post #14134 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

WRONG!!! tongue.gif

Oh and i got those M200 tips you sent me Danny, D'YAM they are nowhere similar to the tips i got from my used set. They are SOOOO much bigger. LMAO, will see how they fit/ sound later on. Thanks again!!! beerchug.gif

Tells you how much I know about gears. No wonder I liked Ds's 1K's more than mine. Plus his had major burn in. Let me know on the tips and you got screwed from the buyer. Why keep the KEF tips, don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Hows that retagging happenin Danny? DX50 in the house..

The power of suggestion. So upon checking on Amazon I see they have sold out of the RHA large tips I posted earlier..I wanted to check those out with my kids order of minecraft Legos. Gotta throw in something something for me too. Lol..Will have to order direct from RHA it seems.

Anybody here try those out yet? Gotta report and let us know how they are..

The sound of this combo is unreal. I'm beyond amazed of the sound on this thing.

post #14135 of 32903
Thread Starter 

Yup. The S2 I kinda predicted will sound great using the DX50. In fact the S2 actually sounds great from every source I own. Something I learned from the S2. It is so resolving in so many ways it will adapt to any source and show you what the source can do.

 

The more neutrality, stage and ability the more the phone will adapt to the signature and power of that particular source. The S2 sounds amazing on the X3 as well as my NFB-5. Another reason to get an S2 happening in your life. Cant wait to get that DX50 happening.

 

I would have tried them Dunu phones but unfortunately I spent that money towards the DX50. I am gonna see if I can save a bit for them new Sony hybrid phones however. Those..Ooooo.

 


Edited by Dsnuts - 9/11/13 at 7:36pm
post #14136 of 32903
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
 

 

DaaaannnyyyyBaaaaiiii

I don't get it.

You claim both are the same but it's an upgrade in sound? And different presentation?

Sounds absolutely contradictory.

If you like the musicality and coloration of the bassos. You actually have 2 choices. The new Onkyo phones and the CKS1000.. Both are what your looking for but if you got your mind set on the CKS1000. Give them a go..The bassos are great but the CKS1000 is at another level for that type of sound your looking for.

post #14137 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban View Post

DaaaannnyyyyBaaaaiiii


I don't get it.
You claim both are the same but it's an upgrade in sound? And different presentation?


Sounds absolutely contradictory.

I meant an upgrade in sound and presentation from the Basso's. I had no idea the two 1K's were different in sound.
post #14138 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

If you like the musicality and coloration of the bassos. You actually have 2 choices. The new Onkyo phones and the CKS1000.. Both are what your looking for but if you got your mind set on the CKS1000. Give them a go..The bassos are great but the CKS1000 is at another level for that type of sound your looking for.

 

I'm particularly impressed with how the bassos do placement. Makes lots of sense and very emotive.

 

In fact, the fxz200, while technically better, fail to hit me as involving as the bassos.


Thank you for your input.

post #14139 of 32903
@Fizban, the 1k's are like the basso's on steroids. Maybe St will chime in - he has listened to the basso's, z200's and the 1k's.
post #14140 of 32903
^ St = Sf = Sfwalcer (obviously lol)
post #14141 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

@Fizban, the 1k's are like the basso's on steroids. Maybe St will chime in - he has listened to the basso's, z200's and the 1k's.

 

Yay.

Melikes.

 

SOOOOOO: CKS1000 and CKS1000LTD, just color difference?
Any conclusive....well....conclusion?

post #14142 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Yup. The S2 I kinda predicted will sound great using the DX50. In fact the S2 actually sounds great from every source I own. Something I learned from the S2. It is so resolving in so many ways it will adapt to any source and show you what the source can do.

The more neutrality, stage and ability the more the phone will adapt to the signature and power of that particular source. The S2 sounds amazing on the X3 as well as my NFB-5. Another reason to get an S2 happening in your life. Cant wait to get that DX50 happening.

I would have tried them Dunu phones but unfortunately I spent that money towards the DX50. I am gonna see if I can save a bit for them new Sony hybrid phones however. Those..Ooooo.



Now I'm questioning myself for liking the Onkyos more than the S2.... Time to bring them out for another round.

Yeah, the new Sony Hybrid IEMs look promising. Seems like the have the same lead designer as the EX1000s, which are already amazing if not for the upper treble spike. I'm expecting great things from these
post #14143 of 32903
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

So not only are they uber stylie.. They don't look like mini hair dryers in your ears. Those grills mean business out back. These earphones I consider significant in every way..I will say it again.. I will say this thread has one major theme in all the iems introduced here which is value. Is there value in a $115 iem? Are you kidding? GO BUY THESE.!! LIKE NOW!

Stylish indeed, but where are they $115?

I should have mine soon as well... and hopefully ill be able to decide what to sell.

post #14144 of 32903

Well... quite honestly I only got to listen to one S2 unit and did not like it at all. Maybe it was broken though; I'll at least give it that much benefit of doubt because there was bass... and the rest isn't worth talking about. I had a good seal too.

 

Loved the M200 though, if only the nozzle wasn't so huge!! would have bought one. On the spot maybe.

 

But if you guys are liking those Onkyo headphones, look forward to these baddies:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/673292/tokyo-headphone-festival-presented-by-fujiya-avic-may-11-2013-pictorial/15#post_9655411

They were right across from the ONKYO booth. I already liked those new ONKYO headphones prior to the Headphone Festival, went to check out their booth anyway. Then saw Fostex... why not, I had my T50RP with me at the time. And darrrn... the Fostex sounded fuller and better extended. They're supra aural though. And still no idea when and if they will be released :L the lady at the booth told me tentatively July... it's September now and I see nothing on the KOTORI website!!

post #14145 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post
 

Stylish indeed, but where are they $115?

I should have mine soon as well... and hopefully ill be able to decide what to sell.

 

Amazon japan: 8672 yen = $87US + $20 tenso shipping = $107 US

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153