Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 925
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yeh dem officials came up with a messed up fit design for a universal
^ nuff said.
No thanks i don't like seafood.
Edited by sfwalcer - 9/5/13 at 10:49pm
yeppers those Cardas.... Even designed his own driver that doesn't retain any residual charge effects. Cardas cables also seem interesting. They have their own factory for drawing the wire from their special copper even from what i know.
Guessing this might be you with those coming soon? ( say yes ) tempting as heck but at that price be nice to be able to hear them first for while, somehow.
Edited by nick n - 9/5/13 at 11:51pm
Thanks for these posts, just listened to both with my Sony XBA3's (threw that in to make it more headphone related), then again over the computer speakers with my 15 year old daughter, actually did enjoy listening to them, but...
I agree these are more melodic, really dug the guitar lines. They love intricate, interwoven guitar lines, and they are a great hook. The vocals, though...these have to be electronically processed. You occasionally hear the processing lessen (especially on the second track), and, sure enough, there is some singing happening, a voice and melody peek through (some background vocals also come with some melody/harmony). But, while the processing is on, the screamed vocal pretty much never has a pitch, and moves a bit, but doesn't hit notes, much less melody. Have to say, I don't get that part, the vocals. Having said that, the rhythm, intensity, guitar lines are great (the linked lyrics helped, would never have been able to pick them out). My daughter, the Skillet fan, pretty much agreed (Skillet uses the screaming and processing sometimes, but more as an effect or flavoring than the whole ball of wax). The lyric of the second was interesting...I could picture Skillet singing something similar, but, as a Christian band, Skillet knows the answer while Dreamshade seems to be pondering the mystery of it (amazes me that my daughter, a good Jewish girl from New Jersey, has a thing for Chirstian rock, but then again, I love Black Gospel without being a believer as well). Anyway, I'll look into more of this, it's been fun, thanks for the links.
Maybe screaming is the wrong word-maybe it's really the processing, makes the vocals gravel-like, monotonal. You don't hear this? Voices sound like Frank Sinatra? Steve Perry? Regina Spektor? Sound really distorted/electronically manipulated on these 2 tracks to my ears (my daughter hears it-she also liked the tunes, by the way)
Hey, anyone here speak german? I found this cable on ebay:
I'd love to know what the description says. I may buy it to try out on my X1's but not for another month or two. Just started back school (Masters) and I'm finding it very hard to find time even to keep up with this thread
Well, the plugs are 24K gold plated, it's copper (some fancy kind; electrolyte anaerobic?) and they praise their plastic insulation material... There's not much to it other than what's in the picture. ;)
Lol those onkyo ie hf300s... Well time to return them or at least exchange them. The left ear has an odd connectivity issue and cuts at certain positions of the wire. The right ear doesn't have the issue. There is actually a noticeable difference in the feel of how tightly the wire is connected. I think I'll just get it exchanged for now but if further issues arise even with an exchanged pair then i might just st get an s2 or cks1000 instead.
Aha that kinda blows. Danny was saying on his pair he rotates his chord and it cuts out on his right. I wonder if there will be more issues with this. Both my headphone and earphones are fine but I am wondering how many times I can plug them chords in and out before something like that starts to happen.
Hence the added problem adding a detachable cable.
Heads up to all Fiio X3 users. A new and improved firmware release. 1.31 http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price/4800#post_9778196 Our friend bowee shows us now to install firmware. Highly recommended to upgrade firmware. More bug fixes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyakrf9URcA&list=PLwVIrRPoDClqsbZWM7I6v4xq_Zt8sQkeX&index=1
Day 3..Smoothness.! vocals are noticeably smoother than when I first heard them now knocking on lushness territory. Not as glaringly forward as it was on open box either. Because the overall sound is tightening up the instrument separation has also improved. Which was another problem I had on open listen..Imagery has also improved sounds a touch more open now as well..All improvements I was hoping for and got.. They are not quite there yet but again the value of burn in is clearly evident in these phones..I am gonna guess these need at least 200 hours..My pair will be on the burn for much longer than that..
Onkyo ES-HF300(S) Impressive resolution detail with a clear sound..The presentation is rangy and SQ level that has no business being a sub $200 phone.. These are like a grown up version of the WS series..The thing that stood out for me on these right away is just how different they sounded compared to the earphone IE-HF300.. Both these phones use the exact same higher grade cables and both can be ordered with the stock cable which lowers the cost by $30. But at this point if your gonna get one why not get the upgraded cable option..
So the comfort is actually very good. I would put these in the mid sized headphone category. Not fully over ear and not fully on ear either.. But the plush pleathers do a good job with isolation and does not leak any sound what so ever. Passive isolation is very good on these as well..I have also been burning these non stop since I got them and today I got a chance to take them off the burn and started to listen to them.
AT first I have to admit I had to get used to the sound presentation after listening to the IE-HF300 earphones. The main difference between the 2? These are a lot more mature sounding meaning the balance on these are at a higher tier of sound..These are more closer to a neutral presentation yet much like the S2 maintain the precision and the low end for music to be involving.. The mids compared to the earphones take a step back in the presentation and give a overall better picture of your music your listening to...The titanium drivers does an awesome job with detail and this is the aspect I noticed which clearly separates these from the earphones.
Guys that expect these to be tuned or sound like the earphones will get a surprise because these sound nothing like the earphones at all..These have a more balanced, even presentation of your sound.. I think the WS99 has more in common to the Onkyo earphones than these headphones do. These are technically more superior to the earphones and I would say they are a different presentation on the WS99 aesthetics. 3Dness of sound is what these phones are about. These are not as intimate sounding but present the entire tune as a presentation more so. So not one part of the sound stands out above the other. Excellent balancing.. These already sound great but I will burn them along with my earphones.. So far these headphones.. Even the $150 option are gonna be worth the money spent.
These headphones with vocal trance. Oh my.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/6/13 at 11:58am
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 seconds ago
- › Is this a hot deal? 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Aftermarket Audeze LCD-2 cables 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 7 minutes ago
- › The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device... 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear