or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 913

post #13681 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Sony Noise Isolation tips for me on the Onkyos. But I noticed pretty much most tips will work.

I tried the regular hybrids also and didn't sound bad at all.  Pushed a little more bass.  

post #13682 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post


Same as S2 and Onkyo. They are all nice sounding and might be better than the other depending on your own preference. For me, its M200, S2, Onkyo and CKS1000 are even.

I find it hard to believe the onkyo could be on the same level as the cks1000. id love to be surprised, as they are priced in different brackets.

how do they differ?

post #13683 of 32910

@ Keep them tip rolling impressions and ideas coming ya'll my pair should be in my dirty lil' hands by the end of the week. hoho very_evil_smiley.gif

 

Hope i don't get fit or driver flex issues, fingers crossed!!! :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekostas View Post

I tried three pairs of the exact same Earsubs you have and they all had massive channel imbalance problems.  Guess you got lucky.

Oh forgot i overlooked this comment, but D'YAM these EARSUBS are THAT good they made you purchased them 3 times??? HYPED!!! popcorn.gif

 

Yeah i detected zero channel imbalance issues nor has nick me thinks and he has probably hoarded like a truck load of them already. ph34r.gif Maybe all the good sets are sent up North and we lowly Americans get all the factory rejects.  triportsad.gif

post #13684 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

The S2 is closer to the M200 in quality of sound than I had initially realized. The M200 still has it beat, however, in wider soundstage, airiness, quality of bass, and refinement. But the S2 is not far behind in overall quality. Both have good weight on the instruments and micro-details. Vocals are tough. Both have excellent vocals, but I think the M200 has the edge of a bit more details in  vocals.

Where does T-Peos H-200 fit in here btw? 

post #13685 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

I find it hard to believe the onkyo could be on the same level as the cks1000. id love to be surprised, as they are priced in different brackets.
how do they differ?

After hearing the S2 and M200, the 1K's seemed awfully colored. Even the Onkyo's don't seem as colored but its closer to the 1K's then the other two in coloration. I am preferring more of the neutral sound these days with good bass.
post #13686 of 32910

Another unfortunate victim of the KEF M200's fit/design:

 

Quote:
First things first. I loved the sound of these phones, a bit bassy, but not overbearing. They would still be with me except for one issue: I could not get them to feel comfortable, no matter how I tried. The sound tube is huge, larger than any other phones I have owned. And even with the smallest of tips, or different brand tips, they ended up causing a low grade ache in my ear canals. Sad, but true. So I had to return them. For sound, 5 stars. For fit, 3 stars. I know other people who have them fit fine, but not me.

 

Although I can't say they're the most comfortable IEMs, I feel fortunate I haven't had any major issues.

post #13687 of 32910
Man that fit issue... Based on what people have been saying about the m200, they seem great sound wise, but i just completely skipped it because I've tried some jvc micro hd driver stuff and, for the price, they were great, but the comfort just sucked.
post #13688 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

Where does T-Peos H-200 fit in here btw? 

 

 

M200>> S2 > RE-400 >H-200 > CKS1000 .. None of these are super far from each other, but the S2 is closer in sound quality of the M200 than say the CKS1000 to the RE-400.  The RE-400 and H200 are actually pretty close because the RE-400 needs more bass. There is a spike in the H200's highs that prevents it from really surpassing the RE-400. The M200 and S2 are really on another level from the rest right now.  I didn't include the ASG-2 because it's on a higher tier than them all in my opinion.

post #13689 of 32910

Oh, I'm just going by sound quality.

post #13690 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post


M200>> S2 > RE-400 >H-200 > CKS1000 .. None of these are super far from each other, but the S2 is closer in sound quality of the M200 than say the CKS1000 to the RE-400.  The RE-400 and H200 are actually pretty close because the RE-400 needs more bass. There is a spike in the H200's highs that prevents it from really surpassing the RE-400. The M200 and S2 are really on another level from the rest right now.  I didn't include the ASG-2 because it's on a higher tier than them all in my opinion.

Wow! S2 beats the H200?! I'm a lot more excited now as iI'm soon getting the S2s. Thanks for the ranking ericp!
post #13691 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

 

M200>> S2 > RE-400 >H-200 > CKS1000 .. None of these are super far from each other, but the S2 is closer in sound quality of the M200 than say the CKS1000 to the RE-400.  The RE-400 and H200 are actually pretty close because the RE-400 needs more bass. There is a spike in the H200's highs that prevents it from really surpassing the RE-400. The M200 and S2 are really on another level from the rest right now.  I didn't include the ASG-2 because it's on a higher tier than them all in my opinion.

Since you say the CKS1000s are more colored it makes me want to purchase those over the M200s. I'm also considering the Onkyos and they are a lot cheaper which is nice. Plus they have detachable cables, so many options...

post #13692 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

Yeah i detected zero channel imbalance issues nor has nick me thinks and he has probably hoarded like a truck load of them already. ph34r.gif Maybe all the good sets are sent up North and we lowly Americans get all the factory rejects.  triportsad.gif

Wayne's are good as are my pals too. Yeah and the other model I got is fine. Not trying to rub it in.

I really hope it wasn't anything to do with the TRRS jack on them not liking an input you had. I've had that from stuff the odd time. No not hoarded a truckload but don't give me any ideas.  Maybe make a chair out of all the packages and use the ones in the armrests?  Buried by avalanche  from closet ?  One can dream.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

@ Keep them tip rolling impressions and ideas coming ya'll my pair should be in my dirty lil' hands by the end of the week. hoho very_evil_smiley.gif

 

Hope i don't get fit or driver flex issues, fingers crossed!!! :)

Is this the first revelation that you scored here?

Interested in your take since trolls are well known for their exceptional hearing ability.  The only flex issues you'll have will be in the mirror.wink_face.gif

 

Seriously though not like you can go wrong on those ones. Expecting another good writeup my mang. I gotz tuh know

 

 

FOR M200 FIT AND POSSIBLE UNDER-THE-RADAR TIP OPTION:

 

I have the earlier in-ears portable Stax setup, and they certainly have awkward and large tube bore, but their tips are interesting. Some folks with the newer versions of the Stax in ears ( which can use a regular type of silicone tip ) went back to using these older funky looking tips. Might be something to try out if someone was willing to take the plunge as they are not cheap.

 

Not %100 sure though because the Stax tubes have a pill shaped opening, and these tips are very low profile with only a small wrap around lip at the top.

 

If I had a KEF I could help see firsthand, but maybe someone else has both.

 Here's a picture anyhow. ( click for closeup )

https://www.staxusa.com/parts/ear-pads/stax-silicone-earbud.html The way these seat they allow the tubes inside the ear a bit further and are very low profile height and width. Really hug the stem/bore end.

 

Maybe its of use maybe not.   Who knows.


Edited by nick n - 9/3/13 at 1:33am
post #13693 of 32910
Guess Eric values neautrality quite highly. Fit issues aside, I'd put the M200 on top(anyone who gets a chance to try these, DO IT!), but S2 = H-200 > RE-400 > CKS1000.

The S2 and H-200 each does something the other does better, but I'd wouldn't say one was better than the other, but saying that, I prefer the Ie300 for the extra punch on lows. I find the RE-400's sound too laid back for my liking, tbh.
Edited by Exesteils - 9/3/13 at 2:01am
post #13694 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post


After hearing the S2 and M200, the 1K's seemed awfully colored. Even the Onkyo's don't seem as colored but its closer to the 1K's then the other two in coloration. I am preferring more of the neutral sound these days with good bass.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

 

M200>> S2 > RE-400 >H-200 > CKS1000 .. None of these are super far from each other, but the S2 is closer in sound quality of the M200 than say the CKS1000 to the RE-400.  The RE-400 and H200 are actually pretty close because the RE-400 needs more bass. There is a spike in the H200's highs that prevents it from really surpassing the RE-400. The M200 and S2 are really on another level from the rest right now.  I didn't include the ASG-2 because it's on a higher tier than them all in my opinion.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Guess Eric values neautrality quite highly. Fit issues aside, I'd put the M200 on top(anyone who gets a chance to try these, DO IT!), but S2 = H-200 > RE-400 > CKS1000.

The S2 and H-200 each does something the other does better, but I'd wouldn't say one was better than the other, but saying that, I prefer the Ie300 for the extra punch on lows. I find the RE-400's sound too laid back for my liking, tbh.

Am so glad that I've made the right decision buying the M200! Such consistent ranking for the M200 from multi-IEM users and the M200 SQ is amazing basshead.gif


Edited by fnkcow - 9/3/13 at 2:20am
post #13695 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

Another unfortunate victim of the KEF M200's fit/design:

 

 

Although I can't say they're the most comfortable IEMs, I feel fortunate I haven't had any major issues.

Same here. Feeling fortunate that it's not a deal-breaker for me

Driver flex and lack of ideal tips are minor annoyance but the SQ is really good

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153