or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 900

post #13486 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

I have to remind you, my friend, it's only "semi-opened." That's probably why not such a wide soundstage. Then again, the M200 is not opened at all and has a wide soundstage (although I think there's a greater distance between the micro-driver (handling the highs and mids) and the bass driver.


yeppp is aware of that but it has more to do with their airiness of the presentation. The Zero Audio Bassos despite it's "closed" design has a lot more air in it's sound with a larger soundstage as well, but i guess when the stage is too wide/ too airy the over all presentation MIGHT become less coherent/ cohesive which makes for a messy sound. This was the problem some people had with the Brainwavz R1s me thinks.

post #13487 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

I have to remind you, my friend, it's only "semi-opened." That's probably why not such a wide soundstage. Then again, the M200 is not opened at all and has a wide soundstage (although I think there's a greater distance between the micro-driver (handling the highs and mids) and the bass driver.

 

M200 soundstage bigger than the CKS1000's?

post #13488 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


yeppp is aware of that but it has more to do with their airiness of the presentation. The Zero Audio Bassos despite it's "closed" design has a lot more air in it's sound with a larger soundstage as well, but i guess when the stage is too wide/ too airy the over all presentation MIGHT become less coherent/ cohesive which makes for a messy sound. This was the problem some people had with the Brainwavz R1s me thinks.

I actually like the R1s, just not refined enough.

post #13489 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

M200 soundstage bigger than the CKS1000's?

 

Hmmm? I have to listen and compare before making that assertion, waynes world. What I can say is that the CKS1000 and M200 soundstages are different while both being wide. Because of that dual chamber, the CKS1000 throws instruments into different parts of your brain like few other IEMs. I think overall the M200 seems wider, but certain instruments may seem farther away in the CKS1000. But the M200 wins in clarity, transparency, details, bass and refinement to my ears. Do you have your M500 yet?

post #13490 of 32904

I remember starting this hobby about six or seven years ago. Listening to the S2, the M200, H-200 and some other universals, it's just amazing what sound you get for the price from that time. All of those IEMs I've listed surpass many of the top tier I bought then costing a couple hundreds of dollars more than what these so-called mid-fi earphones. And it's top-tier sound to my ears. Now, I know some of these $1K earphones sound even better (based on some trust reviews), but are they $800 - or more - better?  I don't know and I'm not really anxious to know.

post #13491 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I remember starting this hobby about six or seven years ago. Listening to the S2, the M200, H-200 and some other universals, it's just amazing what sound you get for the price from that time. All of those IEMs I've listed surpass many of the top tier I bought then costing a couple hundreds of dollars more than what these so-called mid-fi earphones. And it's top-tier sound to my ears. Now, I know some of these $1K earphones sound even better (based on some trust reviews), but are they $800 - or more - better?  I don't know and I'm not really anxious to know.

 

If anyone ever offers to lend you the 1plus2's for audition, just turn around and RUN AWAY lol!

post #13492 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

If anyone ever offers to lend you the 1plus2's for audition, just turn around and RUN AWAY lol!


^ Maybe Danny can chime in....

 

 

post #13493 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I remember starting this hobby about six or seven years ago. Listening to the S2, the M200, H-200 and some other universals, it's just amazing what sound you get for the price from that time. All of those IEMs I've listed surpass many of the top tier I bought then costing a couple hundreds of dollars more than what these so-called mid-fi earphones. And it's top-tier sound to my ears. Now, I know some of these $1K earphones sound even better (based on some trust reviews), but are they $800 - or more - better?  I don't know and I'm not really anxious to know.

I hope you get to compare the S2 and H200. It'll really be interesting to know how far Philips has gone with their sound tuning. I'm still enjoying my H200 but I really feel the need for a headset to pair with my Android phone. I'm hoping the S2 is the one!
post #13494 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I remember starting this hobby about six or seven years ago. Listening to the S2, the M200, H-200 and some other universals, it's just amazing what sound you get for the price from that time. All of those IEMs I've listed surpass many of the top tier I bought then costing a couple hundreds of dollars more than what these so-called mid-fi earphones. And it's top-tier sound to my ears. Now, I know some of these $1K earphones sound even better (based on some trust reviews), but are they $800 - or more - better?  I don't know and I'm not really anxious to know.

As someone who has gone thru a number of these kilobuck phones myself, I can honestly tell you that they are not. You're paying for that last 10% of performance and refinement when you shell out for a 1K+ phone. I think phones like the Flat-4, ASG-2, Heaven S/V/VI, Ex-1000, and likely the F-111 and FA-04 come respectably close to the sound of TOTL IEMs. The extra $800 bucks is netting you increased resolution, a more precise and defined stage, better treble/midrange/bass refinement/balance, and more detail. Is it worth it to some people? Yeah, it is, but is it worth it to all people, even enthusiasts on this forum? Nah, definitely not
post #13495 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


I hope you get to compare the S2 and H200. It'll really be interesting to know how far Philips has gone with their sound tuning. I'm still enjoying my H200 but I really feel the need for a headset to pair with my Android phone. I'm hoping the S2 is the one!

? The H-200 has a headset cable.

post #13496 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

If anyone ever offers to lend you the 1plus2's for audition, just turn around and RUN AWAY lol!

beerchug.gif

post #13497 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


I hope you get to compare the S2 and H200. It'll really be interesting to know how far Philips has gone with their sound tuning. I'm still enjoying my H200 but I really feel the need for a headset to pair with my Android phone. I'm hoping the S2 is the one!

Why doesn't the H200 work with your Android?

post #13498 of 32904
Thread Starter 

Nice ericp you finally got your S2s..Since you own 2 pieces of equipment that I also own this is a suggestion..For guys that own the X3 as well. I have been burning in my X3. I have read more than a few accounts of the X3 sounding exponentially better with more hours use on them which actually makes sense as Fiio X3s were in such huge demand I am certain they didn't have time to adequately burn the players in for full sound before they shipped. That will be up to you all and I have also noticed an increase in fidelity and dynamics on the sounds with more and more use.

 

Burn your S2 or whatever phones you have using the X3 and also condition the battery.. Full use, to burn in earphones and X3 to battery depletion. Full recharge and repeat...The S2s need a big burn and so it seems does the X3.

post #13499 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

? The H-200 has a headset cable.

Yep, but I need the headset for on-the-go situations. I only use the H200 for critical listening at home.
post #13500 of 32904

I haven't found better tips for the S2 besides the stock ones eric.  I know Ds has experimented with a few so he should chime in.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153