or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 874

post #13096 of 32906
I would go with X1, especially at the price you can find them on sale for sometimes. See the Deals thread for a great deal from an unspeakable site.
post #13097 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

ugh... X3, or X1?

 

I don't really have any full sized open headphones right now... But my only source is my iPhone +C421...

 

anyone care to comment?

 

Agree with blueangel. If you want full sized open headphones, the X1's are awesome. And for the going prices? Wow wow wow. 

post #13098 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Okay, I'm confused! I thought you didn't like the X1? Didn't you just sell your pair?

 

He didn't have anything to amp them and wasn't sure he wanted to get an amp. So I coerced him to sell me his. And he instantly regretted it lol! Sf is amping up now though, so X1's will be sure to follow...

post #13099 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

Hey guys what do you recommend as a good portable DAC/amp solution for the X1?
Looking to make the most of my beautiful beautiful X1's :D

 

What is your source?

post #13100 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Okay, I'm confused! I thought you didn't like the X1? Didn't you just sell your pair?

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

He didn't have anything to amp them and wasn't sure he wanted to get an amp. So I coerced him to sell me his. And he instantly regretted it lol! Sf is amping up now though, so X1's will be sure to follow...

= What Masa' WAYNE said, but since i am amped to the teeth NOW, IT'S ROUND 2 BABY!!! ksc75smile.gif

post #13101 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Agree with blueangel. If you want full sized open headphones, the X1's are awesome. And for the going prices? Wow wow wow. 


Are they that good? I'm not as read into full size phones... are they as good/better than Mad Dog T50RPs?

post #13102 of 32906

Mad Dogs are more neutral, X1s have more bass and more fun basshead.gif

post #13103 of 32906
Thread Starter 

People that recently got their X1s I encourage you guys to do a full burn cycle. It does help tighten up that bass end.. My pair sounds so good..What cables you guys working with.? I use the cheapo media bridge cable, seems to work perfectly with the X1.

post #13104 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

People that recently got their X1s I encourage you guys to do a full burn cycle. It does help tighten up that bass end.. My pair sounds so good..What cables you guys working with.? I use the cheapo media bridge cable, seems to work perfectly with the X1.

I have the cheap media bridge cable too (which works fine), but this one will be here tomorrow.

 

http://www.junglee.com/In-akustik-004101015-Premium-Series-Stereo/dp/B0085LZ394

post #13105 of 32906

hey X1 fans:   just ordered my X1s. whats a full burn in cycle these days for the X1s?  200 hours?  and on hip hop/psytrance etc?  would a better cable like a zu audio cable be worth the 30$ upgrade?

thanks for your opinion gentlemen of the X1 persuasion

post #13106 of 32906
Thread Starter 

Bassy loudness. 200 hours should be fine. People don't burn them in as they sound great from open box but with burn in the sound tightens up and opens up the mids more so..Bet your gonna love em DrBLue

 

@ericp look forward to hear what you have to say about them cables.

post #13107 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post

hey X1 fans:   just ordered my X1s. whats a full burn in cycle these days for the X1s?  200 hours?  and on hip hop/psytrance etc?  would a better cable like a zu audio cable be worth the 30$ upgrade?

thanks for your opinion gentlemen of the X1 persuasion

Hmmm? Silver-plated copper. Looks interesting.

 

pure U.S. refi ned, drawn and processed copper core with direct heavy deposit pure silver skin
pure U.S. refi ned, drawn and processed copper core with direct heavy deposit pure silver skin
95% high magnitude braid screen is fl oating at source end of cable terminated/shorted at load
Zu / Gore™ two-channel single-ended transmission
low strand count, perfect lay
low strand count, perfect lay
virgin white PTFE / all circuits
PET
PET
thin wall aluminum
silver bearing solder / cold forged and sealed, 100% diamagnetic
100% diamagnetic
yes, direction arrows printed on y-out barrel
nil, channels are separated by virtual ground barrier
DC—1GHz
high magnitude silver over copper braid + Zu / Gore™ geometry
0.065 Ω
0.065 Ω
130 pF
130 pF
47 pF
1.6 uH
1.6 uH
1” [25 mm]
0.175” [4.45 mm]
1/2” [12.7 mm]
0.16” [4.06 mm]
12” [31 cm] standard, custom options available
0.47” [12 mm]
greater than 0.01% on all inter-channel measures
compliant
post #13108 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Bassy loudness. 200 hours should be fine. People don't burn them in as they sound great from open box but with burn in the sound tightens up and opens up the mids more so..Bet your gonna love em DrBLue

 

@ericp look forward to hear what you have to say about them cables.

beerchug.gif

post #13109 of 32906

Wow-don't read the thread for a few days and it takes me a week to catch up. Just got to the end. Was going to wait on the X3, but the forbidden site deal was too much to let go, especially since my HiSound Studio Anniversary has died and I don't seem to be able to get any help from the company. The KEF M200 and X1's are both really tempting as well, the KEF's more so as I tend to listen to my iem's more than the larger phones, but everything I read makes them both seem worth trying out (have the KEF's sitting in my cart on Amazon, waiting for me to pull the trigger). The KEF look and sound like they may work somewhat like the Audeo PFE's, which also use a hook and have a shallow fit. Those really work well for me. I personally never found the AT 1k all that easy to fit, though after trying many tips, found Complys that seem to be doing the job. Anyway, to X1 or not to X1...(they also have the Beyerdynamic DT880 Premiun for $249)

post #13110 of 32906

Orange V-Moda cable for mine. :)
Sexiness + functionality. Works fine.
Interested in the In-Akustik cable, if it's any better

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153