or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 859

post #12871 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


That's the spirit! I saw a pair of those FXZ200 along with their 100 brethren at a store here on my Hong Kong trip, I might try them later tomorrow. smily_headphones1.gif


Sweet let us know how they compare to those Onkyos. I wonder if they are close to sound/ presentation as the JVCs.

 

Damn HK is the place to be if you wanna audition new audio gears it seems. popcorn.gif

post #12872 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

You pay for both the build and the sound. The detachable cables and overall build are exceptional.

The sound is more rounded than the S2. It a deeper bass with more forward mid-range, overall signature leans towards the warm side but it does it in a very unique way. I'd suggest them for a more fun, on-the-go functionality, while the S2 has more analytical sound to it.


Is that rounded as in do-it-all, or rounded as in not as detailed/separated? I guess there aren't a ton of impressions on them yet, but would you say they're exactly worth the money or are value packed?

 

Would either qualify as harsh/bright/sibilant in any way?

 

 

I tend to lean towards "warm" and "fun" sounds just by default to avoid sibilant or harsh sounds that set my ears aching/ringing for days after use, so they sound good enough.

post #12873 of 32910
@sfw It was in a single corner of a store alongside Diamond Tears and MDR-1Rs. An easy 1-stop place, pretty nifty.

@dnullify Rounded as in it does everything well. I'd say if build and sound alone, they punch above their asking price, similar to the S2. Mids and highs like in highly sibilant track "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark" track on FoB's new album, I find the Onkyos to handle them better in that aspect. The S2 just could not seem to tame them well enough to let me enjoy the whole song without lowering volume at certain peaks.
post #12874 of 32910

Thank you eric for your thoughts.  Thankfully I'm not crazy in hearing what I have been.  

 

I have the M500's on my head right now and it doesn't wow me like the M200's.  I hear the treble like eric does and it's not sibilant but close. The bass doesn't reach as deep but it's tighter and faster sounding.  Might be a little more on the neutral side than the M200's.  Comfort is incredible for an on ear and it's tiny.  Only problem could be heat from the pads.  Stage isn't as grand as the M200's but still quite good for an on ear.  It still is a very good sounding headphone and deserves a top recommendation in the headphone/on ear category but the M200's are the find of the year.  

post #12875 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

@sfw It was in a single corner of a store alongside Diamond Tears and MDR-1Rs. An easy 1-stop place, pretty nifty.

@dnullify Rounded as in it does everything well. I'd say if build and sound alone, they punch above their asking price, similar to the S2. Mids and highs like in highly sibilant track "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark" track on FoB's new album, I find the Onkyos to handle them better in that aspect. The S2 just could not seem to tame them well enough to let me enjoy the whole song without lowering volume at certain peaks.

Damn you lucky devil you. atsmile.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Thank you eric for your thoughts.  Thankfully I'm not crazy in hearing what I have been.  

 

I have the M500's on my head right now and it doesn't wow me like the M200's.  I hear the treble like eric does and it's not sibilant but close. The bass doesn't reach as deep but it's tighter and faster sounding.  Might be a little more on the neutral side than the M200's.  Comfort is incredible for an on ear and it's tiny.  Only problem could be heat from the pads.  Stage isn't as grand as the M200's but still quite good for an on ear.  It still is a very good sounding headphone and deserves a top recommendation in the headphone/on ear category but the M200's are the find of the year.  

HOLD UP, you got them M500s as well!!! eek.gif

 

Do they sound like/ similar to the RE-400s as others stated??? ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz inducing that is.

post #12876 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Thank you eric for your thoughts.  Thankfully I'm not crazy in hearing what I have been.  

 

I have the M500's on my head right now and it doesn't wow me like the M200's.  I hear the treble like eric does and it's not sibilant but close. The bass doesn't reach as deep but it's tighter and faster sounding.  Might be a little more on the neutral side than the M200's.  Comfort is incredible for an on ear and it's tiny.  Only problem could be heat from the pads.  Stage isn't as grand as the M200's but still quite good for an on ear.  It still is a very good sounding headphone and deserves a top recommendation in the headphone/on ear category but the M200's are the find of the year.  

 

I concur. And that's not to say the M500 doesn't sound great, it does to my ears and I'm glad I own it. But if I had to choose one, I would chose the M200 over the M500. But if I had to choose one portable headphone out of the ones I have  or owned (M-50, WS99, Creative Live, S500, etc.), I would easily choose the M500 over the rest of those phones. I keep feeling the M500 will get better, but if the M200 never got better I would be satisfied with what I'm hearing right now. And I think the M200 will get better too.

Thank you DannyBai. Although I ordered the KEFs before you posted your impressions, you help me see that I hadn't made a mistake in purchasing them. Happy listening my friend! Oh, thanks to DannyBai and Dsnuts for putting me onto the X1. beerchug.gif

post #12877 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Thank you eric for your thoughts.  Thankfully I'm not crazy in hearing what I have been.  

 

I have the M500's on my head right now and it doesn't wow me like the M200's.  I hear the treble like eric does and it's not sibilant but close. The bass doesn't reach as deep but it's tighter and faster sounding.  Might be a little more on the neutral side than the M200's.

Do you think the M500 better than the WS99 like eric says?

post #12878 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Damn you lucky devil you. atsmile.gif

 

 

HOLD UP, you got them M500s as well!!! eek.gif

 

Do they sound like/ similar to the RE-400s as others stated??? ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz inducing that is.

 

I think the M500 sounds like a more energized RE-400 with rich bass. That doesn't mean, however, it sounds exactly like the RE-400, but both share some characteristics in imaging and space. The M500s are much better sounding, but I still love the RE-400. I know you asked this to DannyBai, but wanted to give my two-cents.

post #12879 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

I think the M500 sounds like a more energized RE-400 with rich bass. That doesn't mean, however, it sounds exactly like the RE-400, but both share some characteristics in imaging and space. The M500s are much better sounding, but I still love the RE-400. I know you asked this to DannyBai, but wanted to give my two-cents.


Coolios, thanks ericp. Doesn't hurt a thang to get more input.  My money is still on the X1s then. ksc75smile.gif

post #12880 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Damn you lucky devil you. atsmile.gif

 

 

HOLD UP, you got them M500s as well!!! eek.gif

 

Do they sound like/ similar to the RE-400s as others stated??? ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz inducing that is.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

I concur. And that's not to say the M500 doesn't sound great, it does to my ears and I'm glad I own it. But if I had to choose one, I would chose the M200 over the M500. But if I had to choose one portable headphone out of the ones I have  or owned (M-50, WS99, Creative Live, S500, etc.), I would easily choose the M500 over the rest of those phones. I keep feeling the M500 will get better, but if the M200 never got better I would be satisfied with what I'm hearing right now. And I think the M200 will get better too.

Thank you DannyBai. Although I ordered the KEFs before you posted your impressions, you help me see that I hadn't made a mistake in purchasing them. Happy listening my friend! Oh, thanks to DannyBai and Dsnuts for putting me onto the X1. beerchug.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarise View Post

Do you think the M500 better than the WS99 like eric says?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

I think the M500 sounds like a more energized RE-400 with rich bass. That doesn't mean, however, it sounds exactly like the RE-400, but both share some characteristics in imaging and space. The M500s are much better sounding, but I still love the RE-400. I know you asked this to DannyBai, but wanted to give my two-cents.

I think eric has it right.  The M500's sound like an energized RE400.  I can't think of a better description of it.  I do like the treble better right off the bat and I do believe some burn in will help these headphones.  It's a very good neutral signature.  

 

I can't say it's better than the WS99 but they are nothing like each other in sound.  The WS99's are more bass emphasized and the midrange and treble are brought forward to balance it out.  The M500's are just plain neutral sounding without having to push everything forward to jive.  I still like the WS99 for it's signature and M500 most likely for what it does.  

post #12881 of 32910
M500's respond amazingly well to amping. Stage is now grander, bass hits deeper. I've only listened to the M200's with my iPhone 5 so that should say something about those.
post #12882 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

M500's respond amazingly well to amping. Stage is now grander, bass hits deeper. I've only listened to the M200's with my iPhone 5 so that should say something about those.

 

Cool, can wait to amp the M500 when I get home. I've listened to both only through my X3. I don't know if the X3 does the phones justice, or the phones do the X3 justice, but the combination sounds wonderful.

post #12883 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Cool, can wait to amp the M500 when I get home. I've listened to both only through my X3. I don't know if the X3 does the phones justice, or the phones do the X3 justice, but the combination sounds wonderful.

I've only tried it with the DX100's amp compared to iPhone 5's amp so I'm sure the X3 is doing it the justice it deserves.
post #12884 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I've only tried it with the DX100's amp compared to iPhone 5's amp so I'm sure the X3 is doing it the justice it deserves.

How do you know it's th amp? Couldn't it be the DAC in the DX100 too?

I've been asking a lot of questions on here today. redface.gif
post #12885 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

How do you know it's th amp? Couldn't it be the DAC in the DX100 too?

I've been asking a lot of questions on here today. redface.gif
You are definitely right about that. I have it on medium gain on the DX100 which adds over no gain. High gain is a little much. I'll try it out later with a regular amp and iPhone/iPod later.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153