^ If those CKS1Ks are able to resurrect nicks dustiness from the audio graveyard,...... THAT IS ONE TALL ORDER MENG.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 844
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Addition for x1 they have a better sub bass vs. The xba-3 but xba-3s soundstage is bigger but not by a lot. I no for a fact burn in will do wonders :D . and damn you Wayne me want cks 1k now :(.was saving up to get the xba-40s because i know they will be the killer iems i been searching for :)
dustiness!!!!. Wayne heard no dustiness ( that he'll admit anyhow ) hahah
Nope - not a hint of dust in Nick's mad-stash of ortho-modded-mayhem! Everything I listened to exhibited various levels of awesomeness
And damn NIck, I want those modded t50rp's!!! And throw in those Stax while you're at it :)
Nice propic Wayne. Still waiting on those impressions you promised.
Scratch the dusty orthos we need more dusty rap ~~ come back ~~
Sadly i got an admin ban on his dust pollution there.
STAY OUT NICK!!!
Oh did i tell ya' i have officially converted nicky boi to that all mighty KOOOOEEEEEEAAAAAAANNNNNNNN gospel. There is no turning back meng. Nick is done for. hoho
Edit: looks like nick is a 2X born again, that dust has finally vanquished. Now that's settled he is welcome to drop by for a quick visit.
Edited by sfwalcer - 8/5/13 at 10:09pm
Say it ain't true nick, say it ain't true....
Goshdarn cardboard box works as a brainwashing container as well...
Guess it just can't proofread for ya...
Hey Wayne, since you now have both the X1 and AD900X + E12 combo, mind providing a comparison when the X1 is burned in? I was planning on upgrading to the AD2000X but the X1 hype train is getting hard to ignore...
Which headphones do you have? What kind of signature do you like?
The X1's signature I would say leans a bit towards the warm side (as the Innerfidelity FR graph would attest), mainly due to the amazing bass. Lots of wonderful quality bass (amazing for open cans). The mids sound neutral to me (ie not recessed), but they are slightly recessed when compared to the ad900x's (the ad900x's mids are probably a bit forward). But the X1 mids are quite tight and coherent, and don't sound distant or veiled at all (thank goodness). There is very little bass bleed into the mids, which is pretty amazing considering the bass. The treble is very nice for me - detailed and extended, but never close to being sibilant. The soundstage is very nice - not as large as with the ad900x, but more coherent with tighter imaging. The overall signature for me is big, bold, immersive, engaging, transparent and non-fatiguing. Kind of like my sportapro's on steroids. Kind of like an open set of WS99's. Kind of like rather great
I say it so...... it so..
This was what got him:
... more like (B)-rainwashing (A)-t (M)-aximum level. hoho.
Oh and this got him real bad as well.
This song made no sense.... Kinda like Gwiyomi, except it's a group of sillies now, instead of just the 1.
I will indeed do that. Do to circumstances, I can't burn my X1's in as quickly as I would like. I think they may only have about 30 hours of burn in so far (and they are sounding amazing), but yes, I'd like to make that comparison once they are more fully burned in. The AD900X's are amazing off of the E12 though, and have more forward mids/vocals, brighter treble, and larger soundstage than the X1's at this point, but the imaging is not as tight/coherent as the X1's. As of right now, my opinion is that they both rock. But those AD2000X's... I'd sure like to hear them.
One thing that I really like about the X1's is the replaceable cable. I put a cheapo 3' cable on the X1's, so I can wear them portably (the X1's have amazing synergy with the C3 + BH btw). Whereas the AD900X's pretty much have to be used at my computer :(
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 50 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 52 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PXC 550 Discussion and Reviews 2 minutes ago
- › WTT: your HD800 mint for my K812 mint 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear