or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 780

post #11686 of 32910

You can try the UE600 for sure just remember, as Joker mentions, they differ with source output. Also the cable thing. Just trying to say there are things for people to take into consideration. For the $50 it might be worth it just for what you learn from them.

 

Depending on how they match with your player's output will tell if they outperform the Tenore or are on a similar level. If the armature bass is more or less to your liking than the Tenore driver(which should still have more bass amount), I can't say. Fit and tips play into performance as well. You don't know till you try though. I would say the UE could be the better phone but don't expect that much better until you go higher up on the food chain.

 

If you go by Joker scoring the Tenore are better than the CKM500(8.1 IIRC) so not far from the 8.6 of the UE600 which again is more picky with source and may not sound that good with your gear. So, you see what I'm getting at. Expect a bit different but not major improvement and which you like more is about your taste so I, nor anyone else but you, can say what the result will be.

 

A small correction, if you want try the VSD1S not the VSD1 since the signature of the VSD1 is not matching with the Tenore or UE600. The VSD1 doesn't seem to be what you want. Again a similar level(in the 8's).

post #11687 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post



Lookie what the usps carrier gifted me, the carbo bassos and cks99! Impressions to follow soon

Eagerly waiting for CKS99 impressions. No one else has commented on them yet, so I am really curious.

post #11688 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

Sorry, what I meant is that nothing on Joker's list comes close to 8.6 SQ for the $60 MSRP.  Even at $80 and below, the next closest is RE0 at 8.3.

 

I did not mean that there aren't any better headphones on the planet for $60.  He doesn't have the headphones that you've listed on his chart.

 

I actually have the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore and was wondering how the Ultimate Ears 600 compares.  It's only $50 shipped on Amazon.  I may try VSD1.  If I see the A161p at $50 shipped, I may give them a try as well.

the JVC FXD80 are 8.7 and below $80 now (even from ebay)

 

if you want the A161, you could try the Somic MH407 at $60 shipped. same drivers and housing as the A161/SBA-03, and with a pretty nice set of accesories

post #11689 of 32910

Zero audio Doppio- any news on these? they got me intrigued

post #11690 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

You can try the UE600 for sure just remember, as Joker mentions, they differ with source output. Also the cable thing. Just trying to say there are things for people to take into consideration. For the $50 it might be worth it just for what you learn from them.

 

Depending on how they match with your player's output will tell if they outperform the Tenore or are on a similar level. If the armature bass is more or less to your liking than the Tenore driver(which should still have more bass amount), I can't say. Fit and tips play into performance as well. You don't know till you try though. I would say the UE could be the better phone but don't expect that much better until you go higher up on the food chain.

 

If you go by Joker scoring the Tenore are better than the CKM500(8.1 IIRC) so not far from the 8.6 of the UE600 which again is more picky with source and may not sound that good with your gear. So, you see what I'm getting at. Expect a bit different but not major improvement and which you like more is about your taste so I, nor anyone else but you, can say what the result will be.

 

A small correction, if you want try the VSD1S not the VSD1 since the signature of the VSD1 is not matching with the Tenore or UE600. The VSD1 doesn't seem to be what you want. Again a similar level(in the 8's).

Thanks.  I actually don't know what I want yet since I'm new to headphones.

 

So far, I know that I don't like the CKN70 because the timbre of the highs are too harsh.  I like the Tenore because they are more accurate to real-life sound, but I wish they had a little more bass.  I love the mids and treble of the Tenore.

 

If the UE600 has less bass than the Tenore, then I'm going in the wrong direction.  I'm waiting for the Basso to drop to $50.  Maybe I should try the VSD1 as well.

 

I don't use an amp; I only play music from my laptop or my phone.

 

I like the S500 because there is more bass, but the vocals are not as engaging as the Tenore, so I end up using the Tenore much more.

post #11691 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

the JVC FXD80 are 8.7 and below $80 now (even from ebay)

 

if you want the A161, you could try the Somic MH407 at $60 shipped. same drivers and housing as the A161/SBA-03, and with a pretty nice set of accesories

Same drivers? How do you know that?

post #11692 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

Eagerly waiting for CKS99 impressions. No one else has commented on them yet, so I am really curious.

 

Welp, I do not know whether I should be surprised and hopeful or cower in a fetal position. Here are my impressions, and please take it with a grain of salt.

 

The cks99s...they are pretty decent to be honest, I am happy to have bought them as they are WICKED COOL IN LIFE!!! Just as gorgeous as the ws99 in my opinion. Even though it is mostly plastic, lol. However, the carbo bassos are a bit more cooler looking and ......wait for it......AWESOME IN SOUND! I was not even skeptic when people said the bassos were good, but they are in fact, great. I bet they are already burned in since they are definitely mature. The cks99s...they do need to catch up, but they are not lagging behind, except for a small gap of the highs and mids. To be speciic, the highs as vocalist's s and t sounds are silibant. Even worse is the fact that the mids are kind of washed up. It is smooth, yes, it is also thick. However, it does lack in refinement as the highs do and the bass are the only department where it can match up to the basso's and beat it too. I will let it burn in for a while and use specific songs to test it, I just used up some of my fav beach boys, yes, and jeff buckley. I will continue testing them through hip-hop, R&B, and rap. I think some Eminem would sound nice right now. I will post some more impressions with these genres in a bit, I hope this shed some light on some headfiers! 

 

Basically

 

Lows - The bass is well textured on both iems, but teh bassos have less bass than the cks99s, it is also a bit just a tiny bit less efficient as setting the volume level on my s4 to 2 is louder on the cks than the bassos

 

Mids - It is nice to hear the sweet smooth and defined mid-range on the bassos. Men have  anice tone, an almost natural sound of their vocals if it weren't for the warmth of the iems as the es700 headphones provide that natural likability. The cks99's in comparison have a problem with keeping up with the bassos as it is not sharp as the bassos (or should I say clear) and the guitar plucking/crunching is not as good as the basso's at the moment it is decent.

 

Highs - No comparison, the basso's have a nice smooth sound yet again, but with more refinement and clarity than the cks99s. 

 

also, there is a huge pet peeve I have with the bassos. 

 

 

THE DRIVER FLEX!! Or possibly the silicon tips making some annoying clicking sound. I pretty much believe the latter since I do not have any sound problem at all.


Edited by vlenbo - 7/6/13 at 3:32pm
post #11693 of 32910

Help me out guys

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post

My budget is up to £150 GBP (Great British Pounds), but I may stretch slightly more if it matters that much. I will be using them on my PC with a Xonar DG sound card but I would be willing to get a small amp depending on price. They will be used exclusively at home and don't want the sound to leak to the point that people can hear what I am listening to when they're sleeping. I'd prefer full-sized circumaural headphones due to the size of my head and ears. I'd say I prefer an emphasis on bass for EDM but not to the point that it completely destroys the other frequencies.
 
My past headphones include the M-Audio Q40 and Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80s. I liked the sound of the Q40s but I had to sell them because the clamp on my jaw was too much, even after I stretched them out over a subwoofer for like 5 nights, leading to quite uncomfortable jaw fatigue. The DT770 Pro 80s sounded like the mids were a bit recessed and felt like they clamped a bit but this may have been down to the fact I did not have them for very long or amped them good enough?
 
My main music preferences are definitely EDM (Electronic Dance Music) but I do listen to some pop and rock as well. I am located in the United Kingdom if this matters with suggestions.
 
Comfort is also huge for me. I wear glasses and have quite a large head and as previously mentioned, the likes of the Q40s and DT770 Pro gave me jaw fatigue after 30 minutes or so as it seemed as though they sat too low on my head but then if I adjusted them a size down, they'd feel a bit tight around the top of the head. It seems impossible for me to find a pair that will suit which is why I am asking here.
 
I am essentially looking at getting a pair of headphones that can be worn for hours on end without being fatiguing / hurting (I'll obviously take them off for breaks and to go to the toilet and whatnot but you get the idea)
 
My ideal pair of headphones (from my limited experience) would be the sound of the Q40s with the lovely velour earcups of the DT770 Pro but something that is perhaps lighter and doesn't sit as low down on my jaw?
 
If you need to know any more, please let me know.
 
post #11694 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post

 

Welp, I do not know whether I should be surprised and hopeful or cower in a fetal position. Here are my impressions, and please take it with a grain of salt.

 

The cks99s...they are pretty decent to be honest, I am happy to have bought them as they are WICKED COOL IN LIFE!!! Just as gorgeous as the ws99 in my opinion. Even though it is mostly plastic, lol. However, the carbo bassos are a bit more cooler looking and ......wait for it......AWESOME IN SOUND! I was not even skeptic when people said the bassos were good, but they are in fact, great. I bet they are already burned in since they are definitely mature. The cks99s...they do need to catch up, but they are not lagging behind, except for a small gap of the highs and mids. To be speciic, the highs as vocalist's s and t sounds are silibant. Even worse is the fact that the mids are kind of washed up. It is smooth, yes, it is also thick. However, it does lack in refinement as the highs do and the bass are the only department where it can match up to the basso's and beat it too. I will let it burn in for a while and use specific songs to test it, I just used up some of my fav beach boys, yes, and jeff buckley. I will continue testing them through hip-hop, R&B, and rap. I think some Eminem would sound nice right now. I will post some more impressions with these genres in a bit, I hope this shed some light on some headfiers! 

 

Basically

 

Lows - The bass is well textured on both iems, but teh bassos have less bass than the cks99s, it is also a bit just a tiny bit less efficient as setting the volume level on my s4 to 2 is louder on the cks than the bassos

 

Mids - It is nice to hear the sweet smooth and defined mid-range on the bassos. Men have  anice tone, an almost natural sound of their vocals if it weren't for the warmth of the iems as the es700 headphones provide that natural likability. The cks99's in comparison have a problem with keeping up with the bassos as it is not sharp as the bassos (or should I say clear) and the guitar plucking/crunching is not as good as the basso's at the moment it is decent.

 

Highs - No comparison, the basso's have a nice smooth sound yet again, but with more refinement and clarity than the cks99s. 

 

also, there is a huge pet peeve I have with the bassos. 

 

 

THE DRIVER FLEX!! Or possibly the silicon tips making some annoying clicking sound. I pretty much believe the latter since I do not have any sound problem at all.


^ WOW a good amount of bassos and tenors seems to have driver flex problems. That sucks!!!

 

Great impressions btw.

post #11695 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post

 

Welp, I do not know whether I should be surprised and hopeful or cower in a fetal position. Here are my impressions, and please take it with a grain of salt.

 

The cks99s...they are pretty decent to be honest, I am happy to have bought them as they are WICKED COOL IN LIFE!!! Just as gorgeous as the ws99 in my opinion. Even though it is mostly plastic, lol. However, the carbo bassos are a bit more cooler looking and ......wait for it......AWESOME IN SOUND! I was not even skeptic when people said the bassos were good, but they are in fact, great. I bet they are already burned in since they are definitely mature. The cks99s...they do need to catch up, but they are not lagging behind, except for a small gap of the highs and mids. To be speciic, the highs as vocalist's s and t sounds are silibant. Even worse is the fact that the mids are kind of washed up. It is smooth, yes, it is also thick. However, it does lack in refinement as the highs do and the bass are the only department where it can match up to the basso's and beat it too. I will let it burn in for a while and use specific songs to test it, I just used up some of my fav beach boys, yes, and jeff buckley. I will continue testing them through hip-hop, R&B, and rap. I think some Eminem would sound nice right now. I will post some more impressions with these genres in a bit, I hope this shed some light on some headfiers! 

 

Basically

 

Lows - The bass is well textured on both iems, but teh bassos have less bass than the cks99s, it is also a bit just a tiny bit less efficient as setting the volume level on my s4 to 2 is louder on the cks than the bassos

 

Mids - It is nice to hear the sweet smooth and defined mid-range on the bassos. Men have  anice tone, an almost natural sound of their vocals if it weren't for the warmth of the iems as the es700 headphones provide that natural likability. The cks99's in comparison have a problem with keeping up with the bassos as it is not sharp as the bassos (or should I say clear) and the guitar plucking/crunching is not as good as the basso's at the moment it is decent.

 

Highs - No comparison, the basso's have a nice smooth sound yet again, but with more refinement and clarity than the cks99s. 

 

also, there is a huge pet peeve I have with the bassos. 

 

 

THE DRIVER FLEX!! Or possibly the silicon tips making some annoying clicking sound. I pretty much believe the latter since I do not have any sound problem at all.

Nice!

So apart from the amount of Bass, the Basso's beat thw CKS99s in your opinion. 

post #11696 of 32910
Thread Starter 

Bassos are gonna sound proper from out of the box. They don't change much with burn in if at all. The CKS/ all AT earphones change from open box with burn. I would burn those CKS99s real good like 200 hours before anyone judges their final sound. Those I am willing to bet anyone here will change for the much better with burn in.

 

The basso's should have the better performance out of the box. But don't count out them large CKS99 drivers. Those need some serious bass time to punch out them drivers for them to show what they really are about.


Edited by Dsnuts - 7/6/13 at 4:20pm
post #11697 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Bassos are gonna sound proper from out of the box. They don't change much with burn in if at all. The CKS/ all AT earphones change from open box with burn. I would burn those CKS99s real good like 200 hours before anyone judges their final sound. Those I am willing to bet anyone here will change for the much better with burn in.

 

The basso's should have the better performance out of the box. But don't count out them large CKS99 drivers. Those need some serious bass time to punch out them drivers for them to show what they really are about.

Would you say after burn in the CKS99 would be a lot better then Basso?

post #11698 of 32910
Thread Starter 

Different sounding I am sure.. Not as smooth but should sound similar to my CKS1000 with lesser detail..

post #11699 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Bassos are gonna sound proper from out of the box. They don't change much with burn in if at all. The CKS/ all AT earphones change from open box with burn. I would burn those CKS99s real good like 200 hours before anyone judges their final sound. Those I am willing to bet anyone here will change for the much better with burn in.

 

The basso's should have the better performance out of the box. But don't count out them large CKS99 drivers. Those need some serious bass time to punch out them drivers for them to show what they really are about.

 

+1 for sure. My cks1000's really came into their element after 200 hours minimum. I think that they have even continued improving with further burn-in tbh.

post #11700 of 32910

^

+2

 

The CKS1Ks are like the gr07 BEs on steroids!!! Holy crap this sound is nuts!!! basshead.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153