or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 770

post #11536 of 32858

and it works. little bit more highs compared to using foam.

post #11537 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

The iRiver sounds interesting...have a Hidound Studio Anniv 3, which I love the sound of, tolerate/got used to the ui, but has been a reliability problem. Haven't been able to get it to work, just suddenly gave up the ghost, likely have to send to China (again) for repair. Using iPoud touch for now. At least, at the price of the iriver, it becomes like the Clip, not such a loss if it goes on you.


IIRC, the Anniv. 3 should sound the best right? Better than the P which is about the same as the iriver to me(though a different signature). My Rocoo P held up perfect until I was ready to sell it. The battery drained. After I charged it from dead it wouldn't turn on, reset, or connect to any PC so I had to sent it in for repair first before the deal went through. I thought it was a nice upgrade from the AMP3 1. Anyway, the E300 would lose to the P if the synergy was right on but the E300 always had an EQ preset that tied or edged out the SQ over the P. The one phone out of about ten that won for the P was the PMX680 which loved the Rocoo. 

 

Hisound has better players now but the E300 is from 2011. Shame iriver have been working on the AK line of player and haven't put out anything new in the consumer line. They were working their way back and the next player should have been here and addressed the E300's shortfalls. The T9 came after and I do own one as well and it sounds good, has fast processor and USB speeds and has no "why did they do that" sort of things but it is just a 4gb USB stick player. Has a useful timer radio recorder so it can record some sports talk on it's own which is nice. They have both held up well cost $120 combined, $69 when I got the E300 and $49 for the T9.

 

I'd loved to steer you guys on to a new iriver model with even better usability but they are spending time making stuff like this...

http://blog.laptopmag.com/199-iriver-on-earbuds-capture-heart-rate-performance-as-you-workout

 

 

Back to earphones, since the Brainwavz R3 is coming soon, what are your opinions of the design? Pic taken from the MP4nation forums:

:

They do look like they put sound design over aesthetic design :)


Edited by jant71 - 7/1/13 at 3:53pm
post #11538 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post


IIRC, the Anniv. 3 should sound the best right? Better than the P which is about the same as the iriver to me(though a different signature). My Rocoo P held up perfect until I was ready to sell it. The battery drained. After I charged it from dead it wouldn't turn on, reset, or connect to any PC so I had to sent it in for repair first before the deal went through. I thought it was a nice upgrade from the AMP3 1. Anyway, the E300 would lose to the P if the synergy was right on but the E300 always had an EQ preset that tied or edged out the SQ over the P. The one phone out of about ten that won for the P was the PMX680 which loved the Rocoo. 

 

Hisound has better players now but the E300 is from 2011. Shame iriver have been working on the AK line of player and haven't put out anything new in the consumer line. They were working their way back and the next player should have been here and addressed the E300's shortfalls. The T9 came after and I do own one as well and it sounds good, has fast processor and USB speeds and has no "why did they do that" sort of things but it is just a 4gb USB stick player. Has a useful timer radio recorder so it can record some sports talk on it's own which is nice. They have both held up well cost $120 combined, $69 when I got the E300 and $49 for the T9.

 

I'd loved to steer you guys on to a new iriver model with even better usability but they are spending time making stuff like this...

http://blog.laptopmag.com/199-iriver-on-earbuds-capture-heart-rate-performance-as-you-workout

 

 

Back to earphones, since the Brainwavz R3 is coming soon, what are your opinions of the design? Pic taken from the MP4nation forums:

:

They do look like they put sound design over aesthetic design :)

 

 

I like the looks of it... kinda unique

post #11539 of 32858

Nah, the R3's design is awful - it's like they've never heard of angled nozzles. It was semi-fine with the R1 because of its overall design but this design with a straight nozzle will not give a proper fit to a lot of people. Like they have a list of designs that work the worst with straight nozzles and they pick the worst of them. I can tell you it won't fit me for sure as my ear canal is angled upwards. Just look how the guy's ear is squished in the above pic just so the R3 can sit flush.


Edited by kova4a - 7/1/13 at 4:08pm
post #11540 of 32858

I 2nd Kova4a's copyrighted "Nah"!

post #11541 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Nah, the R3's design is awful - it's like they've never heard of angled nozzles. It was semi-fine with the R1 because of its overall design but this design with a straight nozzle will not give a proper fit to a lot of people. Like they have a list of designs that work the worst with straight nozzles and they pick the worst of them. I can tell you it won't fit me for sure as my ear canal is angled upwards. Just look how the guy's ear is squished in the above pic just so the R3 can sit flush.

 

Yeah that pic shows it well. They put the nozzle seemingly in between the drivers which might be best for sound but for fit it would work better as more of an "L" with the nozzle more higher up. Interesting to see how many end up having a fit issue.


Edited by jant71 - 7/1/13 at 4:31pm
post #11542 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

I 2nd Kova4a's copyrighted "Nah"!

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

 

Yeah that pic shows it well. They put the nozzle seemingly in between the drivers which might be best for sound but for fit it would work better as more of an "L" with the nozzle more higher up.

This is just one of those iems that I honestly don't care how good it may sound - there's just no way it's going to fit me. And going with the complaints of people about the R1 I can tell from now that there will be a lot of people complaining about the R3's fit if they go for it. And frankly, even if they put the nozzle at the lower end to be like an L it still won't be a good fit for me coz I'll still have to angle it, which means the upper part of the housing will have to stick away from my ears and this will prevent the cable from sitting behind my ear. For me this overall design while unique can only be universal and work for most people if the nozzle is rotating like on the vsonics. 

post #11543 of 32858
Thread Starter 

This fool is at it again.. Anyone for a $15 Fiio X3? http://www.ebay.com/itm/best-seller-Global-sevice-FiiO-X3-24Bit-192K-Digital-Audio-Player-MCQ-WM8740-/141005499755 Lol. There is 20 people who got suckered.

post #11544 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

This fool is at it again.. Anyone for a $15 Fiio X3? http://www.ebay.com/itm/best-seller-Global-sevice-FiiO-X3-24Bit-192K-Digital-Audio-Player-MCQ-WM8740-/141005499755 Lol. There is 20 people who got suckered.

Oh, he's doing a lot more than that. He's also sold 21 colorfly C4s and 90 of those Android car tablets, which seem to cost around 450-500 bucks, so I guess they seem to be a big part of his $15 scam. But he's not the fool - the people buying it are the fools IMO

 

edit: So actually a rough estimate of his sales is around $20k of stuff that he won't actually provide. Unless this guy actually robbed an electronics store in China and is trying to get rid of the merchandise fast LOL


Edited by kova4a - 7/1/13 at 6:04pm
post #11545 of 32858
Thread Starter 

Man it is just blatant I guess there is no policing ebay..This dude is getting away with it and how in the heck does he have 100% positive reviews..

post #11546 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Man it is just blatant I guess there is no policing ebay..This dude is getting away with it and how in the heck does he have 100% positive reviews..

 

I know that you're getting impatient waiting for the X3 Ds, but DON'T DO ITtongue_smile.gif

post #11547 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Man it is just blatant I guess there is no policing ebay..This dude is getting away with it and how in the heck does he have 100% positive reviews..

From selling cheap stuff like cables and chicken nipple things LOL. Actually, that's a pretty good scam - sell a lot of cheap stuff to get a high rating and then start selling higher-end electronics for a lot cheaper than retail price. Suckers will buy it and with that 25-30 day delivery time you have enough time to stall and by the time they realize they won't be getting what they ordered you've already withdrawn the money and closed your bank account.

post #11548 of 32858
Thread Starter 

I wonder if the guys is a disgruntled X headfier.. Getting some revenge.. Lol.

post #11549 of 32858

What full-sized headphones would have the closest soundstage and instrument seperation to a car?

post #11550 of 32858

something open backed I imagine...

 

are you looking for specific models?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153