or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 767

post #11491 of 32903
@Swy05 You're gonna love those Basso's mate. wink.gif
post #11492 of 32903
Are dual drivers meant to have better detail as they have separate driver for bass? Im hoping the M Duo's are better then Basso/CKN70/S1. As im leaning towards them.
Edited by nekromantik - 6/30/13 at 7:04am
post #11493 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrifice13 View Post

Very keen to hear your impressions of the CKS99

Congrats sacrifice. Enjoy.

And I'm still patiently waiting for my Basso.
post #11494 of 32903
That's not true most of the time, mostly it's all about the tuning/build. Not how many drivers an IEM has.
post #11495 of 32903
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post

Are dual drivers meant to have better detail as they have separate driver for bass? Im hoping the M Duo's are better then Basso/CKM70/S1. As im leaning towards them.


Nope.. You would think this would be the case but I have heard plenty of single driver iems. FXD80, CKN70, S2  that have more detail than dual or even 3 driver iems. Brainwave R1 for example..It all depends on how good the earphone is tuned using a better grade driver and what material more than anything.

 

A properly tuned single driver iem can have better clarity and imagery. Now BAs tend to have more imagery and detail with more BA drivers however that is why them CIEMs use 6 drivers and such. But I would say unless your willing to spend a used car worth of cash on an custom number just because a phone has 2 or 3 dynamics don't make them 2 to 3 times more better unfortunately.

post #11496 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


Nope.. You would think this would be the case but I have heard plenty of single driver iems. FXD80, CKN70, S2  that have more detail than dual or even 3 driver iems. Brainwave R1 for example..It all depends on how good the earphone is tuned using a better grade driver and what material more than anything.

 

A properly tuned single driver iem can have better clarity and imagery. Now BAs tend to have more imagery and detail with more BA drivers however that is why them CIEMs use 6 drivers and such. But I would say unless your willing to spend a used car worth of cash on an custom number just because a phone has 2 or 3 dynamics don't make them 2 to 3 times more better unfortunately.

 

Aint the R1 BA? Better to compare dynamics with dual dynamics. CKN70s are very appealing. Can pick em up for £48 shipped. Same price as the Meelec M duos and ZA Basso.
post #11497 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post

That's not true most of the time, mostly it's all about the tuning/build. Not how many drivers an IEM has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post

Aint the R1 BA? Better to compare dynamics with dual dynamics.CKN70s are very appealing. Can pick em up for £48 shipped. Same price as the Meelec M duos and ZA Basso.

Nope, the R1 is duo dynamic.
post #11498 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post

Congrats sacrifice. Enjoy.


And I'm still patiently waiting for my Basso.

err...you meant to direct that at swy05, right?

@swy05, please compare them when you xan, I have to wait for mine to ship from tenso foranother few days! My credit card will not work for their service and I am DYING to try out the bassos, cks99, and a ws99 that I bought from amazon america.
Edited by vlenbo - 6/30/13 at 8:06am
post #11499 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post

err...you meant to direct that at swy05, right?

@swy05, please compare them when you xan, I have to wait for mine to ship from tenso foranother few days! My credit card will not work for their service and I am DYING to try out the bassos, cks99, and a ws99 that I bought from amazon america.

Yeah, I got it wrong and I do mean swy05. How did I get the wrong quote.

My apologies sacrifice and congrats swy05.

Looking forward to the comparison also.
post #11500 of 32903

I'm gonna need some more time to review.

 

I drank and I'm pretty drunk right now.  biggrin.gif

 

I swear, maybe my ears are effed up but, so far the Carbo Basso and CKS99 are just...... ok.

 

I compared them with my ATH CKM50 (yes, that old ghetto iem.  but it's still a fantastic IEM and one I reach for daily.)  So far the CKM50 has them beat.  Granted, the CKM50 has probably over 100 hours of burn-in as this was my go to IEM for the longest time.

 

But off the bat, the carbo basso's sound is better than the CKS99.  Sounds are clearer and the bass is definitely clearer/more prominent.

 

I don't want to count out the CKS99 just yet because I know it's a fantastic IEM.  I think they just need some more burn-in time.

 

Or maybe it's because I'm drunk right now and my senses are all wacked.

post #11501 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swy05 View Post

I'm gonna need some more time to review.

 

I drank and I'm pretty drunk right now.  biggrin.gif

 

I swear, maybe my ears are effed up but, so far the Carbo Basso and CKS99 are just...... ok.

 

I compared them with my ATH CKM50 (yes, that old ghetto iem.  but it's still a fantastic IEM and one I reach for daily.)  So far the CKM50 has them beat.  Granted, the CKM50 has probably over 100 hours of burn-in as this was my go to IEM for the longest time.

 

But off the bat, the carbo basso's sound is better than the CKS99.  Sounds are clearer and the bass is definitely clearer/more prominent.

 

I don't want to count out the CKS99 just yet because I know it's a fantastic IEM.  I think they just need some more burn-in time.

 

Or maybe it's because I'm drunk right now and my senses are all wacked.

 

Sorry guys, this is just my rambling.  Give me some more time when I'm more sober and these IEM's are burned in a bit more.

post #11502 of 32903
I need to make a choice soon otherwise I will go crazy! lol So either Basso, VSD1, CKN70 or M Duo,
post #11503 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post

I need to make a choice soon otherwise I will go crazy! lol So either Basso, VSD1, CKN70 or M Duo,


Flip a coin smile.gif

post #11504 of 32903

Basso

post #11505 of 32903
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Basso

+1

Been saying it for ages.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153