or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 709

post #10621 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

I have been perpetually amazed at how much I like the the ele dac, and I can hardly believe it only cost $20. So to get something that is "a step above" for $30 sounds like a "no brainer" to me!

Maybe I'm the biggest noob here, but for me the ELE dac is the worst source I've ever heard. One friend bought and didn't like it, so i borrow it from him and did some A/B with my Hifimediy and my EliteBook laptop and even my laptop with integrated software IDT chip was way better than ELE to my noob ears. To me ELE has very big bass roll off, even bigger than the other PCM2704 dac I've tested, and maybe that's why it sounds bright to some. Also ELE has a lot of amplification, even with MH1C which is power hungry IEM my normal listening volume is around 15 with ELE and around 50 with Hifimediy Sabre and this additionally should degrade the sound quality with the ELE dac. I would not recommend ELE unless you have no sound card or the card is from the 90s. Of course this is just my noob opinion, some may like the bass roll off. beerchug.gif

post #10622 of 32858

^ Interesting, that's for sure!

post #10623 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

Maybe I'm the biggest noob here, but for me the ELE dac is the worst source I've ever heard. One friend bought and didn't like it, so i borrow it from him and did some A/B with my Hifimediy and my EliteBook laptop and even my laptop with integrated software IDT chip was way better than ELE to my noob ears. To me ELE has very big bass roll off, even bigger than the other PCM2704 dac I've tested, and maybe that's why it sounds bright to some. Also ELE has a lot of amplification, even with MH1C which is power hungry IEM my normal listening volume is around 15 with ELE and around 50 with Hifimediy Sabre and this additionally should degrade the sound quality with the ELE dac. I would not recommend ELE unless you have no sound card or the card is from the 90s. Of course this is just my noob opinion, some may like the bass roll off. beerchug.gif


I agree, Hifimediy is in a different league compared to ELE.

post #10624 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

I would not recommend ELE unless you have no sound card or the card is from the 90s. Of course this is just my noob opinion, some may like the bass roll off. beerchug.gif

Nah, it's not that bad. Something like an Asus DGX is not particularly better and let alone a built-in sound card. The ELE is probably better than at least 90% of the built-in sound cards that most people have. But yeah, if people already have a semi-decent dedicated sound card they shouldn't expect miracles even though that should be something people should already know given that the ELE costs 2-3 times less than those decent entry-level cards.

post #10625 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post


I agree, Hifimediy is in a different league compared to ELE.

I really wanna get a HifiMediy and compare it to my ASUS XONAR U3.

To be honest I doubt there would be much competition considering the ASUS only goes up to 16bit.
post #10626 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Nah, it's not that bad. Something like an Asus DGX is not particularly better and let alone a built-in sound card. The ELE is probably better than at least 90% of the built-in sound cards that most people have. But yeah, if people already have a semi-decent dedicated sound card they shouldn't expect miracles even though that should be something people should already know given that the ELE costs 2-3 times less than those decent entry-level cards.

OK, but am I the only one that hear the bass roll off? It is pretty significant roll off in my opinion.

post #10627 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

OK, but am I the only one that hear the bass roll off? It is pretty significant roll off in my opinion.

Well, I gave mine to my father a few weeks ago but I don't remember anything significant. It is a bit on the cold side but nothing like shocking bass roll-off or anything. I think some people confuse the cold signature that comes from a thinner note presentation to bright sound but the ELE isn't at all as treble-happy as some people have described it (or in your statement bright due to bass roll-off). Bass roll-off affects the sub-bass, so the lower extension of the bass suffers - not the mid-bass, which is the one that warms the sound. Overall, The Hifimediy was similar in presentation to it initially but it does get smoother and a bit warmer after some use. It is worth the extra money over the ELE but it's nothing like a mind-blowing difference making it far superior to the ELE or anything IMO

post #10628 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Hey some good news regarding the CKS77X.. This is a loosely google translated review of the CKS77X on amazon japan.

 

This review is from: audio-technica SOLID BASS Inner Ear Headphones Black Red ATH-CKS77X BRD (Electronics)
I have heard in various ways than mass retailers.
It purchased at the thought of the entire balance is better than CKS99.
I thought since the advent monster, rather than commenting the fidelity of sound, manufacturers like such gave, and, It looks became the age to enjoy the flavor to the sound.
Some people say that probably because price is intermediate, sound field, such as not determined, but I feel that it is quite clear.
Perhaps because bass sounds, I feel widely.

 

I think I might have to get me a pair. Look at these sexies.

i've read any review stating the opposite. the CKS99 still being better. so couldnt trust those reviews

post #10629 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post


You should have the app in your app drawer now.

Open it and you'll see the options that you can configure. wink.gif

If I just edit the settings it will affect my audio all the time then? Or do I have to make sure I open the program every time I restart my phone?

post #10630 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

Got the Carbo Tenore.  Compared to the CKN70 and S500, they are much harder to drive.  S500 easiest to drive, then CKN709, then Carbo Tenore.

 

Out of the box, they sound good, but I feel that the tone of the treble is too high; should be a little darker.  I also wish they had more bass.  Time to burn them in and then change tips.  My guess is that I would have preferred the Carbo Basso.

 

The CKN70 even with the Philips SHE3590 tips are still too trebly for me; tone doesn't sound right.  I'll probably be selling these.

 

Right now, my favorite is still the S500.

Really liking the Carbo Tenore now.  I'm so glad I found this thread; very happy with the S500 for on-ear and Carbo Tenore for IEM.

post #10631 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, I gave mine to my father a few weeks ago but I don't remember anything significant. It is a bit on the cold side but nothing like shocking bass roll-off or anything. I think some people confuse the cold signature that comes from a thinner note presentation to bright sound but the ELE isn't at all as treble-happy as some people have described it (or in your statement bright due to bass roll-off). Bass roll-off affects the sub-bass, so the lower extension of the bass suffers - not the mid-bass, which is the one that warms the sound. Overall, The Hifimediy was similar in presentation to it initially but it does get smoother and a bit warmer after some use. It is worth the extra money over the ELE but it's nothing like a mind-blowing difference making it far superior to the ELE or anything IMO

Ye, maybe is not roll off, like I said I'm noob, but when I switch with my HS2 between Hifimediy (or laptop) and ELE, the bass just disapeer.

post #10632 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

Ye, maybe is not roll off, like I said I'm noob, but when I switch with my HS2 between Hifimediy (or laptop) and ELE, the bass just disapeer.

Are you loving that HS2? I am. Makes A/B so much easier and accurate.

I'm thinking of picking up a second one now.
post #10633 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

If I just edit the settings it will affect my audio all the time then? Or do I have to make sure I open the program every time I restart my phone?

No, its system wide effect so it's always active.

You can change on the fly too. wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

Really liking the Carbo Tenore now.  I'm so glad I found this thread; very happy with the S500 for on-ear and Carbo Tenore for IEM.

Glad you're happy with the Tenores mate, my Yamaha EPH100 are forgotten because of those little wonder IEMs lol redface.gif
post #10634 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post


Are you loving that HS2? I am. Makes A/B so much easier and accurate.

I'm thinking of picking up a second one now.

I love it. It is very nicely build little device that can be used in so many ways. For that price it is a steal. 

post #10635 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

I love it. It is very nicely build little device that can be used in so many ways. For that price it is a steal. 

I'm planning to pick one up as well at some point, gonna use it output into more than one set of speakers. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153