or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 704

post #10546 of 32875
Thread Starter 

Bassos basically are an upgrade on the 9700 sound. More refinement. The bass is very comparable but the rest of the sound is a step forward in detail and overall sonic qualities are at a higher level over the SHE9700. If Philips was to develop a new higher end version I would imagine them sounding similar to the bassos.

post #10547 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Bassos basically are an upgrade on the 9700 sound. More refinement. The bass is very comparable but the rest of the sound is a step forward in detail and overall sonic qualities are at a higher level over the SHE9700. If Philips was to develop a new higher end version I would imagine them sounding similar to the bassos.

 

I've never heard the 9700's, but I'm not surprised that you said that. The Basso's are friggin' sweet!

post #10548 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Regarding the FX3X's...

 

 

Yup. Tried them at the gym again, and at first the bass was working for me and was helping to drown out the gym noise. But after a while my ears were starting to suffer. I switched back to the DX210`s, and they sounded decidably "bass light" after the fx3x's lol! But my ears once again got accustomed their awesomeness :)
 

 

I was waiting for you to confirm my findings. beerchug.gif

 

Here's something to push you over the edge:

 

 

See those tips?

They're the H200 stock clear silicone tips. If you like the airiness and clarity of the Basso with R1 tips, you'll be more impressed with the H200 tips. Same characteristic improvements but MORE...

post #10549 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

See those tips?

They're the H200 stock clear silicone tips. If you like the airiness and clarity of the Basso with R1 tips, you'll be more impressed with the H200 tips. Same characteristic improvements but MORE...

 

That's not very nice!

 

post #10550 of 32875

@Dsnuts (or anyone else who owns both the CKS1000s and FXZ200s) I love my CKN70s, but I'm looking to purchase some high end IEMs that will completely satisfy me for a long time. I'm mainly looking for more refinement and instrument seperation, which I know I will achieve with either of those IEMs. I definitely like ATs sound more than JVC, the CKN70s make my S500s sound cheap. I really hate to say it, but it's hard to listen to them anymore. Anyway, my friend has the FXZ200s and I gotta say, they are amazing. Me and him were talking and decided we both love the AT sound. That is the only thing the CKN70s have over the FXZ200s is their sound signature. I said: imagine a 3 driver IEM designed by AT, that would be amazing.

 

My main question is: are the CKS1000s basically the same thing as the FXZ200s? I love the instrument seperation and soundstage because of the 3 drivers. Since the CKS1000s only have one, I'm a little worried. Any type of A/B comparison between the two would be very helpful as well.

post #10551 of 32875
^+1

I'm saving up for high end dynamic too. biggrin.gif

Something tells me it will end up being CKS1000 coz of the dual chamber awesomeness.
post #10552 of 32875

The WS99 thread seems kinda dead at the moment so I'm gonna ask here instead lol. I recently got the WS99 and they already sound great but I heard that they benefit greatly from an amp. For those of you who have both the WS99 and AD900X, which dac and amp pair well with both? My budget is about $100 for each and I would prefer to just get one of each, already spent way more on this hobby than I expected haha.

post #10553 of 32875
I think my next splurge will be the H-200 if anyone will actually let them go second-hand. I know I'll be waiting a while - it's cool. It seems like everyone is in love with them. Since finally finding out for myself what the difference is between dynamic and armature sound, I'm far more keen to try an excellent sounding hybrid than more of the same driver type in an earphone. I can't deny the appeal of SUBS though biggrin.gif.
post #10554 of 32875
Thread Starter 

Ask and Ye shall receive. Out of my Meridian Explorer here I did a A/B against my well burned in CKS1000 Vs FXZ200.. Both are comparable in the level of sound we are dealing with yet one excels over the other in some very important aspects. Lets get this out of the way.. The bass on the FXZ200 amped is insanely addictive and is one of the best bass performers for in ears that I own. But that should be the case for having a sub woofer.

 

The CKS1000 has the tighter bass end and can reach just as deep as the FXZ200 to my ears the CKS1000 bass seems to be not only tighter but also faster which was a bit of a surprise to me. I always thought the FXZ200 had the faster bass but now that I am A/Bing each other it seems to be the other way around...The overall sound balancing of the FXZ200 is skewed toward the bass end. As much as I burned in my FXZ200 they are definitely made for bass enthusiasts. I have a feeling the full sized SZ2000 will be similar in tuning to the FXZ200...

 

The CKS1000 appeals to me for several reasons. First the mids have a smoothness and a refinement to them that is hard to recreate in other earphones including the FXZ200.. In fact owning so many JVC and AT earphones. JVC has the bass end down.. It is a general observation but JVC headphones and earphone for the most part all have solid to outstanding bass. Where they lag behind to AT is in the mids and highs.

 

This comparison is no different. The CKS1000 has the more engaging sound because the mids are lush, smooth, and has the deeper more layered mids presentation. Also on top of the outstanding bass and mids. We have extended highs that never reach sibilance. Very well controlled and extended highs that many earphones just don't get right. In comparison the FXZ200 highs are lacking..

 

And to my surprise the stage of the CKS1000 is not only wider but also deeper in scope. The FXZ200 in comparison while stage and depth is ample the scope of music almost seems cramped in comparison like the housing was a bit too small for all them drivers.. Not so with the CKS1000. It is the one earphone where the scope of your music will scale to the stage of the tune in sound in depth and width...I remember when I first got the CKS1000 I didn't think it was gonna do one over the FXZ200 in sound but little did I know what the earphones would turn out to sound like after some intensive burn in..This is the one earphone I would grab over any other I have.. It is simply my best earphone I own.

 

 I remember one of the early adopters of the CKS1000 came into the CKS1000 thread with a very bold statement. He clammed to have heard the CKW1000 and the CKM1000 both the high end flagships for AT.  He was saying the CKS1000 is by far the best sounding AT earphone in his experience..You know what, I believe it. The reason why I am not looking for new earphones that will be an upgrade is.. I believe I have found what I have been looking for in an earphone.. The CKS1000 has so many things that is right about sound.. If you like the AT sound..It is simple.  These should be a part of your collection. The FXZ200 is and excellent performer and also does many things very well especially the bass but they do not have the versatile sound of the CKS1000 the stage the depth the highs and mids as well with a very refined low end.. These are my measuring stick. It is musical, engaging yet technically advanced in performance all at the same time...

 

The only real draw back of the CKS1000 are 2 things. The earphone stick out and make you look goofy but this is what gives them the immense depth and stage.  Also these do require a relative long break in period..

Ultimate earphones? For me it is. It just don't get much better.


Edited by Dsnuts - 6/8/13 at 10:50am
post #10555 of 32875

^

@dsnuts... nice impressions!

 

@Lifted... good luck with the resistance LOL!

post #10556 of 32875

^ great stuff Ds, i already knew how you felt about these 2 iems wayyy ahead of time but it was nice to see you finally say it. haha

 

Looks like i loss the battle but i will win the war, watch out WAYNE!!!  IT'S ON!!!ksc75smile.gif

 

post #10557 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarise View Post

The WS99 thread seems kinda dead at the moment so I'm gonna ask here instead lol. I recently got the WS99 and they already sound great but I heard that they benefit greatly from an amp. For those of you who have both the WS99 and AD900X, which dac and amp pair well with both? My budget is about $100 for each and I would prefer to just get one of each, already spent way more on this hobby than I expected haha.

 

Hi akarise,

 

Imo, the AD900X pairs very very nicely with the E12, and not quite so well with the C&C BH. I listen to the AD900X's exclusively with the E12 (off of my ELE DAC, or when watching TV off of my receiver). 

 

The WS99's pairs very nicely with the E12 (narrows the stage just a bit, but no biggie), and pairs very very nicely with the C&C BH (makes them slightly brighter, and opens the stage slightly). I listen to the WS99's with both, but lean towards the C&C BH most often.

 

The BH wins though for it's 80 hour battery life, and it's portablility (it is much smaller). Also, the BH pairs really nicely with my clip zip, and off of the clip zip + BH combo, my other iems also sound really great.

 

I typically keep my E12 on my desk, and my BH with my clip zip. If I had to choose one, it would be the BH. But, I would be quite sad not having the E12 for the AD900X!

post #10558 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

^@Lifted... good luck with the resistance LOL!

I lost most of it already when I saw the CKS1000's in red, seriously had to run to change my boxers. ph34r.gif

Selling my Yamaha EPH100 is anyone wants them... tongue.gif
post #10559 of 32875
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ great stuff Ds, i already knew how you felt about these 2 iems wayyy ahead of time but it was nice to see you finally say it. haha

 

Looks like i loss the battle but i will win the war, watch out WAYNE!!!  IT'S ON!!!ksc75smile.gif

 


Actually. It is the case of you don't know if something is better unless you own them I am listening to the FXZ200 with my clip of all sources and they sound great. There is a reason why I kept my FXZ100 and FXZ200. I love em both. I like each earphone for what sound and ability they have.. If you don't own a CKS1000 the FXZ200 sound really great for many genres...Very dynamic and full sounding earphones.. The sound is intimate and engaging as well.. It is when you own something that does these aspects better is when you know..I am a happy owner of many great earphones and take them for what they give me.. It is what makes this hobby a great one.

post #10560 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


Actually. It is the case of you don't know if something is better unless you own them I am listening to the FXZ200 with my clip of all sources and they sound great. There is a reason why I kept my FXZ100 and FXZ200. I love em both. I like each earphone for what sound and ability they have.. If you don't own a CKS1000 the FXZ200 sound really great for many genres...Very dynamic and full sounding earphones.. The sound is intimate and engaging as well.. It is when you own something that does these aspects better is when you know..I am a happy owner of many great earphones and take them for what they give me.. It is what makes this hobby a great one.


Yeah i was just trollin' WAYNE like usual, and completely agree with what you said above. There is no "best" anything just different flavors for people with different taste/ preferences.

 

On that note, i am gonna send my modded corecools to Danny for an audition and see what he thinks of them. If he thinks they are worth your time, then i really want you to hear them as well. There is something to them...


Edited by sfwalcer - 6/8/13 at 2:35pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153