or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 694

post #10396 of 32862

A little update on the corecool v2s. After a full night of burn-in on 90% volume on my ipods, these are not hard to drive at all compared to the FXZ200s so i didn't max out the volume. Anywho, the mids is still sound a bit recessed and the highs seems to have regressed, Treble on open box seemed slightly more extended, but now has mellowed out too much for my liking. They still sound amazingly transparent for a bass centric iem but it sounds kinda hollow in it's overall presentation. The mid bass on these are also more pronounced than the FXZ200s, therefore overall the FXZ200s have a more balanced and natural refined sound compared to the corecool v2s. 

 

As of now they are not close to the level of the gr07 BEs for me, though they sound very similar the FXZ200s they are not as technical capable nor is as refined. This could all change with more burn in though, but these might be the 1st set of iems that COULD respond negatively to burn-in. LoL Will see........


Edited by sfwalcer - 6/1/13 at 2:05pm
post #10397 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post


I'm kinda glad I got the DX210 to listen to forever lol! I must admit that I've gone on a bit of a manic iem buying spree lately (which I'm glad to say seems ended for now), but I'm kinda using the DX210's as a reference point because I like their sound signature so much. Something about their large soundstage, or airyness. It just seems like there is a lot of space in between the instruments. Love their sound.

Btw, which MEElec's are you getting?

Ah yeah I'm loving the sound of the Tenore, wish you had some too so we could compare our views on them.

Not sure about which MEElec will come, I went for that MEE What deal twice. So let's see what I get, hopefully it will be the SP51 and M-Duos lol
post #10398 of 32862
Quote:
This could all change with more burn in though, but these might be the 1st set of iems that COULD respond negatively to burn-in. LoL Will see........
Strange things happened like that with the qx50's as well, but it came back better! Dual driver interaction?
post #10399 of 32862
So does anyone here have both the VSD1 and the Bassos to compare?
post #10400 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP1 View Post

So does anyone here have both the VSD1 and the Bassos to compare?

 

Yup.

post #10401 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ Are you sure those ain't fakes WAYNE??? wink_face.gif

 

Enjoy meng, don't forget to beat the crap outta them just for funzies. HE HE HE.

LOL 

post #10402 of 32862
Got to compare the $99 RE400 to the $400 RE600 today at "the show". Save your money and get the RE400. Practically the same IEM with a nicer finish. I'd say the difference warrants maybe an additional $50-75, if that.

I think the RE400 is a great deal at its price.
post #10403 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post

Ah yeah I'm loving the sound of the Tenore, wish you had some too so we could compare our views on them.

 

I do too actually. I like the Basso's so much, that I can imagine that the Tenores sound great as well and would compliment the Basso's nicely. At least my ceramic wonders should be here early next week! ph34r.gif

post #10404 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

So the CKN70s are neither?

 

I suppose I'll try new tips first  (Philips SHE3590?) and if I still don't like them, then I'll get something else.

The CKN70s are dynamic.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

A little update on the corecool v2s. After a full night of burn-in on 90% volume on my ipods, these are not hard to drive at all compared to the FXZ200s so i didn't max out the volume. Anywho, the mids is still sound a bit recessed and the highs seems to have regressed, Treble on open box seemed slightly more extended, but now has mellowed out too much for my liking. They still sound amazingly transparent for a bass centric iem but it sounds kinda hollow in it's overall presentation. The mid bass on these are also more pronounced than the FXZ200s, therefore overall the FXZ200s have a more balanced and natural refined sound compared to the corecool v2s. 

 

As of now they are not close to the level of the gr07 BEs for me, though they sound very similar the FXZ200s they are not as technical capable nor is as refined. This could all change with more burn in though, but these might be the 1st set of iems that COULD respond negatively to burn-in. LoL Will see........

I've found that with the FXD80s and the FXZ200s they had a period of time where they got worse. Like, the sound kept on improving then it just dropped out of nowhere. And then once they were burned some more it got better again. Maybe that's the case with these.

post #10405 of 32862

Audio Technica ATH-CKS1000 is in the mail.

 

Looking forward to how it sounds, IEM's are like waiting for a delivery from the Willy Wonka chocolate factory... ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ!

post #10406 of 32862

anyone tried the TDK TH-EC200?

post #10407 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

anyone tried the TDK TH-EC200?


at that same price range you might as well look at the Clef-P series  there are 3 models tuned differently. One for Vocals, one for Mega Bass, and one called Live.

 

At least you get a general idea what their FR is going to be, most auctions should show the graphs for what they are worth.  And there will be a few impressions in the site here I recall one or two. Better than an unknown..

 

I THINK the models are the

TH-EC40 ( Vocal )

TH-EC41 (Live )

TH-EC42( Mega Bass)


Edited by nick n - 6/1/13 at 11:51pm
post #10408 of 32862

I've got a OT question:

 

Have any of you guys tried the sony xba-1?

 

They're being sold for USD30 at the moment (making space for the xba-10 I'd guess) and I've never tried any BA's so I'm tempted to give them a shot..

 

So the question is are they good value at USD30 or should I save up for something else?

post #10409 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

I do too actually. I like the Basso's so much, that I can imagine that the Tenores sound great as well and would compliment the Basso's nicely. At least my ceramic wonders should be here early next week! ph34r.gif

Yeah definitely mate.

I'm kinda thinking about getting the Bassos as well lol
post #10410 of 32862

I just posted this in the VSD1 thread an thought  it would fit here as well:

 

 "I think it's about time to really start HYPING these now.

 

After using them for the last days I must say that I now find them superior to the GR06's and at least on par with the CKN70's. 

 

They have a really smooth and nice sound that makes them a great allrounder. The fit is absolutley wonderful. They stay in using work outs and doesn't stick out from the ear at all. You can easily sleep with these.

 

My only complains is that none of the including tips fit me (I've got very small earcanals) but I did find some foam tips of unknown origin lying around at home that is perfect for these. The other CRAZY thing is that these are way more comfortable wearing over the ear then straight down. These must have been designed to be used over ear. The weird thing is that wearing them over the ear puts the right driver in my left ear and the other way around. This is a really stupind mistake from the designers.

 

For the price of USD 37 they are just unbelivable good sounding IEM's!"

 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153