If you had spent the $32, choosing between it and the r1 would have been much easier because they will cost relatively the same.
This means you will be judging strictly based on sound instead of value due to price-performance ratio.
I guess you could pretend you spent $32?
Or check if the ebay one hasn't shipped and request a cancel from the seller?
Good thoughts and thanks for the concern lol! But I think I'll stick with the waiting and the suffering. I feel that I must slow things down and repent somewhat for all of my dsnuts-taneous™ iem purchases lately. Hopefully, having to wait for the mh1c's will staunch the bleeding for a while (yeah, who am I kidding lol!). And when it comes down to it, I'm happy to have spent only $21 on the mh1c's, and I'll appreciate them that much more when I do eventually get them :)