- 5,950 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 6/16/15 at 12:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Macaw GT100S IEMs by Twister6. PG 1949. - Page 214
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Instead of picking up over ears I decided to wait until I can buy the S500s.
A friend gave me a pair of Moshi Vortex's and I love them to death. I wish she would have waited until after I got my FX40s because they might spoil me.
Im thinking about picking up XB30EX. I know tat they are not as good as the XB90s but they shouldn't sound to bad. What do you think?
The xb60ex are supposed to be pretty close to the 90s, but maybe someone can comment on the xb30ex and how they compare to the 60, 90, and the cks77... which are in the same price range as the 30's.
I think they're using the same technology they used in the new xb iem's which produce some amazing low end so it got me curious. The pads look odd too as you can see here.
Hmm... from this measurement at goldenears even the SHE3580 has more (sub-)bass than the IE8 at full blast:
(red and blue: SHE3580 right and left channels; black and grey: IE8 at minimum and maximum bass)
(I overlaid the two graphs and centred them at 1kHz. Because one has y-axis scale markers of 6dB and another of 5dB I also stretched one of the graphs to give the same scale.)
If the 9700 actually has more bass than the 3580, sounds like they will be a guilty pleasure
$25 Amazon. OH Damn!! These are kick ass!!. WOW!!. SHE9700.. Talk about impressive. These have a very similar sound to the SHE3580 but with bigger bass. Bassy done proper with overall smooth clean balance to boot. Call me impressed!.. OMG. Wow! I am so impressed with these.!! Sounds just too good to believe.Only issue. These have that J cord and short 2ft with an extension. Thumbs up huge on these guys. You want a bassier She3580 done right these are it. The SHE9551 I had before has nothing on these. Forget those oneil ones these are what are proper..The sub bass on these are so clean and big it just brings a huge smile. Also the highs and mids are properly proportioned and smooth sounding much like the SHE3580... Keepers!. Feq 6hz-23.5khz 103db sensitivity 16ohm 3 sized tips and come with case and extension. WORTHY! Next up the SHE9500
You should have suggested these to us new Philips fans James. I have been listening to the SHE9700. .Astounding. These are unreal great sounding. I can't find anything that is off on these at all in fact on careful listening of the 2 detail on the SHE9700 wins. That being said the detail on the SHE3570 is very satisfactory as well. Looking at the 2 earphones the SHE3580 and the SHE9700.
It wouldn't surprise me if both of these are using the same drivers. The housing diameter is exactly the same with almost the same sound. I think the SHE9700 has a better housing design for acoustics. The overall sound on the SHE9700 is a bit cleaner sounding. The housing has double the room of the SHe3580 the SHE9700 has more detail and a bit more defined on both ends. Otherwise the sound is almost exactly the same.
Think of the SHE9700 as the SHE3580 plus. Both are great sounding earphones and I would consider the SHE9700 a bit more refined sounding SHE3580.. If you guys just want one for casual listening save the money and just get a SHE3580 and save yourself $15. But if you already have a SHE3580 and want a bit more refined version. That would be the SHE9700.
thank Dsnuts, Joe Bloggs, james444, and all Head-Fiers for this amazing thread!
now i know i got the best bargain on two of the best In Ear Monitors on earth. please meet Philips SHE9700 (SHE5105) & SHE3580 (SHE3570, SHE3575, SHH3585, SHE3590, SHE3595, SHE3680) for only up to USD 25 each! kudos to Philips for making this lovely SHE9700 still alive, here in Indonesia. :D
i owned two SHE9700 and just now bought SHE3575 (need the mic for android phone), very satisfied with the three of them. i agree the SHE9700 has more punchy sub-bass and clearer wide fidelity than SHE3580 variant. :)
if you happened to have SHE9700 and SHE3575 while using the small ear tips on SHE9700, consider try to use the SHE9700's medium ear tips on SHE3575, more comfort and more bass right out of the box! What a perfect match those two.. HeHe :P
Edited by chrone - 9/4/12 at 9:13am
What about trying this iem: Panasonic RP-HJE355, JK1 always talks about them and there are almost no comments or review on HF about this?
Edited by rickdohc - 9/6/12 at 6:25am
yea.. i cant comment on that beacuse i had issues with them. even with a bunch of tips and comply tips, i got issues with using them.
If they change the design or make that nozzel a little bit larger more people could enjoy them.
so its not a surprise that overall, the Fx40 has a higher score, easy to use, almost no fit issues.
Dsnuts scores again!
Edited by rickdohc - 9/6/12 at 8:28am
If you don't feel like spending for a CKM500 or a FXD80..I was listening to my old pair of FXC51s last night. They cost $25 and are JVCs first micro driver earphones. They sound great for the price payed. Give them a go.
I ended up selling my pair. These are just ok. I like the JVC stuff much better than these.. There is nothing that really stands out on them. These will be good for the gym or casual use but beyond that the JVCs beat all of them hands down. Just mediocre is the best way to describe them. The older Philips earphones the SHE3580 SHE9700 are better and has much better dynamics than these.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/6/12 at 10:24am
I would have done a comparison for you but it is currently on loan. Just from memory,the isolation is pretty good on the XB90eX. I haven't tried a pair of comply foamies yet but I bet it will be great noise blocker. Those things are a build going into your ears. The passive isolation is not bad on the SHE3580 for being small plastic. I would need to compare once I get my XB90 back.
- The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Macaw GT100S IEMs by Twister6. PG 1949.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS: AKG 7XX Massdrop Editions 50 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Macaw GT100S IEMs by... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 4 minutes ago
- › g1217 6SN7 adapter 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)