Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by Jant71. Page 2207.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by Jant71. Page 2207. - Page 1621

post #24301 of 33118

Has anyone tried the new(ish) ocharaku donguri? they are selling for 15000 yen in japan right now and are well within the realm of lower budget discoveries. also, they look super good imo


here's a little video on them:


post #24302 of 33118
Donguri is super old yo. I think only Muppetface has heard them. I remember her sayin that it was more natural sounding than the Flat-4 family but lost out in resolution or something
post #24303 of 33118

So a gracious head-fier has sent to me for an extensive listening session the highly coveted and TOTL 1Plus2 universal hybrid IEM. I've had it for a few days now (with the custom uber cable). I don't know where I will put my more extensive impressions of it yet, but I thought this would be a good spot to give some brief impressions. Where I am at with this IEM right now is that the bass is stunning to my ears. It's tight, natural sounding with an excellent timbre. The overall sound of the 1Plus2 is quite pleasing too, and I would say it is one of the best universal IEMs I've heard (and probably the best hybrid I've heard). Yet, for a $1,500 USD earphone, it falls significantly short of my expectations. In fact, sans the bass, an A/B comparison last night against my 1964 EARS V6 revealed an overall more pleasant and more detailed sound signature coming from my custom, which retails for around $600 USD. Yes, overall to my ears, the V6 equaled the 1Plus2 in sound quality, although the signatures are a bit different (i.e. the 1Plus2 is a bit warmish compared to the V6, but the V6's mids are more detailed and the overall sound stage is wider than the 1Plus2). The V6 simply has a fuller sound, and the mids are far more detailed. The bass wins in clarity and sounding more natural in the 1Plus2, but the V6 (first version) actually goes deeper in the sub bass while still maintaining a more neutral signature. Let me add that my V6 is connected to a custom silver-plated BTG cable, so that would push the cost up to about $700. What has this taught me? We read quite a bit on head-fi about the law of diminishing returns and such, but now I know what I always suspected. Paying near or over $1K for a universal or custom earphone doesn't guarantee you will are purchasing the best sound quality your money can buy. And more economically-friendly (not necessarily budget-friendly) audio companies aren't just making mid-tier sound quality products to match their friendlier prices. In fact, companies like 1964 EARS are shooting above mid-tier quality for the money, and many of these products rival some of the top tier audio products - cost wise - that are out here today. To me, that makes lower-costing products top-tier too. Yes, welcome to the age of Blurred Lines in the personal audiophile products industry. Happy Listening! :beerchug:


Edited by ericp10 - 5/5/14 at 8:42am
post #24304 of 33118
delete
post #24305 of 33118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Hahaha, that definitely persuades me to at least experiment a mac in a best buy store.

 

Thanks for your opinion, I might purchase one when I see no reason to use my desktop for gaming any longer.

 

 

 

Wow, wait, you have a 3tb hard drive that goes incredibly fast while having a beautiful screen+body?

 

Oh right, this is actually something I CAN buy, since I have never bought an inbuilt computer/monitor.

 

Thanks for the reminder eric, time for me to eye that beaut. :beerchug:

 

 

 

And how are those pandora hope VI going?

 

Any new insights from them, or are they burning in?

 

 

You are quite welcome vlenbo. The Hope VI is simply the best headphone I've ever heard. Nothing else I own comes near it (I probably have as little as 60 hours on it now). That includes handily beating my X1, which I still think is a good full-size headphone. I would say the sound quality rivals my top tier earphones (V6, ASG-2, FX850, etc.), and it sounds like the very much grown up big brother of the Heaven V (with treble extension, refinement, details, wider sound stage and plusher mids). It's comfortable to me (I can wear it for hours with no fatigue from being too heavy), and the only modification I've made is the one cn11 did with a few small rubberbands to keep the cups from sliding down (although the don't really slide down often, so this is just a precaution). And I rarely mention aesthetics, but the headphones are simply beautiful to look at. There is great synergy with my Schiit DAC and tube amp. The sound even jumps ahead of the 1Plus2 to my ears. I keep forgetting that this full-size headphone is a hybrid too. If you can find it new for about $600 (as I did), it shoots way above its cost. 

post #24306 of 33118
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

Has anyone tried the new(ish) ocharaku donguri? they are selling for 15000 yen in japan right now and are well within the realm of lower budget discoveries. also, they look super good imo


here's a little video on them:


 

 

Where are you finding these listed in Japan for 15,000 yen? Certainly not on Amazon.jpn.

post #24307 of 33118
I'm guessing PriceJapan will have the Donguri at some point.

Nice write up Eric and spot on.
post #24308 of 33118
http://kakaku.com/item/J0000012502/

Pick the color and you can buy from it directly from the page using the banner link at the bottom from buysmartjapan.

For 15K yen plus shipping it's about the price of KC06 and KC06A plus some, hmmm. tongue.gif
post #24309 of 33118
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I'm guessing PriceJapan will have the Donguri at some point.

Nice write up Eric and spot on.

 

 

Thank you DannyBai! :beerchug:

post #24310 of 33118
Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post

http://kakaku.com/item/J0000012502/

Pick the color and you can buy from it directly from the page using the banner link at the bottom from buysmartjapan.

For 15K yen plus shipping it's about the price of KC06 and KC06A plus some, hmmm. tongue.gif

 

 

Credit card or can you paypal it there?

post #24311 of 33118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

Where are you finding these listed in Japan for 15,000 yen? Certainly not on Amazon.jpn.

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/list1754.html

 

here :)

post #24312 of 33118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post


Credit card or can you paypal it there?

Well according to their site they accept them all, haven't bought anything from there myself but I think several people here did.
post #24313 of 33118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

You are quite welcome vlenbo. The Hope VI is simply the best headphone I've ever heard. Nothing else I own comes near it (I probably have as little as 60 hours on it now). That includes handily beating my X1, which I still think is a good full-size headphone. I would say the sound quality rivals my top tier earphones (V6, ASG-2, FX850, etc.), and it sounds like the very much grown up big brother of the Heaven V (with treble extension, refinement, details, wider sound stage and plusher mids). It's comfortable to me (I can wear it for hours with no fatigue from being too heavy), and the only modification I've made is the one cn11 did with a few small rubberbands to keep the cups from sliding down (although the don't really slide down often, so this is just a precaution). And I rarely mention aesthetics, but the headphones are simply beautiful to look at. There is great synergy with my Schiit DAC and tube amp. The sound even jumps ahead of the 1Plus2 to my ears. I keep forgetting that this full-size headphone is a hybrid too. If you can find it new for about $600 (as I did), it shoots way above its cost. 

ANY place to get the HOPE VI for 600$ now?  ebay sellers are all up close to 800$ or more! thanks..looks like a stellar instrument!

post #24314 of 33118
post #24315 of 33118

Only two left.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by Jant71. Page 2207.