Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 2/10/17 at 10:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by Jant71. Page 2207. - Page 1301
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ouch. That's pretty much a dagger straight to my heart wallet!
You, eric, danny, dsnuts, vlenbo, others... resistance wilting...
Edited by waynes world - 1/18/14 at 6:50pm
*a wild IEMagnet01 appears*
*IEMagnet01 uses passive-aggressive put-down*
How will eke2k6 respond?
Cry -> Block List.
lol, just kidding. The H3 really is awesome though.
Edited by eke2k6 - 1/18/14 at 6:54pm
glad to hear you're so bowled over by the H3. I was hopin James hadn't succumbed to dementia when he said their performance was befitting of TOTL status. Also glad to see that some people have seen the light of FAD's single driver stuff. Even after all this time, I still think the Heaven S and VI were two of the most bewitching/beguiling phones I've ever heard
I love the ZA Doppio's and can't add much more than what Ds and ericp have already said but it has good bass and extends quite deep but don't expect dynamic type bass. Very clean, clear sound that's different than most earphones I own. Different in a very good way.
The other earphone that I received with the Doppio's has completely blown me away though. Maybe because I never expected it. FAD Heaven V Aging has a higher end sound that shouldn't be possible coming from a single armature driver. The depth I hear is nuts. Everything sounds natural and in its place. Drums sound real and it's made for voices. Treble doesn't sound extended like the Doppio's but there's no lack of clarity. Instruments are clearly made out. I feel like I'm listening to something that should cost $500+. No joke. Don't take this as hype since I do that well. This earphone really needs to be heard. I'm sure I've said that many times before but man this is a REAL sound.
1)I'm "on strike" with HiSound, never had a worse experience with a purchase than I had with the Studio Anniversary dap. Don't think I'd buy from them again if they were made of solid gold and sold for $15 (well, maybe then...)
2)The FAD's have been on my radar for a while, whatever I've read about them had me thinking they'd be like you describe, had some used ones from the forums that I almost went fora few times (too lazy to go Tenso)...the Heaven IV and VI seem to also get very passionate responses, they are on my list of "next level" headphones to consider/purchase, sounds more interesting now...
3)Hate the Patriots (as every self respecting Jets fan must), go Denver
4)Just back from Jazz Standard, great show, Cyrus Chestnut has some incredible chops (though, if I have to rate, which I generally do, the Steven Bernstein show was even more fun). Live music, man, ain't no headphones/speakers/amps/turntables make a sound like that. The cymbals cut without being abrasive. The bass has body and weight, palpability, "sharp edges" to the notes, don't bleed into the other sounds, the piano is rich, dynamics are wild. Good to hear it, cleanse the palate, so to speak (and, there really isn't much of a soundstage in a narrow jazz club, since it has a narrow stage. Know what? Don't matter. I think sometimes the wide soundstage we all love is an artifact (I mentioned earlier, with the Shure 1540, I thought they didn't do the soundstage thing much, until I heard them play a Brahms symphony, wow! Seems like it does the wide stage thing only when it was there on the recording, as it should be).
Edited by doctorjazz - 1/18/14 at 7:22pm
THANK YOU, something I can listen to while I play a game briefly..
Too bad my ear is damaged from pulling the xba-h3 from my ear by accident..
So is that bass, isn't it? Just as good as the mids and highs, this iem does it flawlessly imo. Thick sound, but refined and clear to the point where everything sounds natural to me, that is...until I try those heavens!
The highs have a good depth to them, as well as having that detail that is amiss with most earphones...
I truly love the design, build, and sound of this hybrid, my very first hybrid. Too bad I can't listen to it for another day. Using headphones to recover my ear.
Edited by vlenbo - 1/18/14 at 7:24pm
What's the deal with the ear vlenbo?
After a few hours, the earphones began to feel uncomfortable and applied a bit too much pressure on my inner ear. Before I removed it, I wanted to clear my desk right away, and due to my swiftness, I tugged the cable a bit too hard and fast. Thus, resulting in an injured ear, it's annoying to even insert the earphone without feeling the sting of the injury. Not the earphone's fault though, just human error, lol.
I will warn people this though.
The stock tips do enough to provide a comfortable experience in the long run. After two hours or so, it does become uncomfortable to use, but I think it's because I inserted it a bit too deep. These fit like a glove for me, I can feel the tips pressing against my acoustic meatus wall. I will tip roll as soon as it recovers.
Edit: this is just me though, if you have stronger ears, or do not seal your ears as deep as I do, then...you're good!
- The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by Jant71. Page 2207.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 3 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 8 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 9 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 12 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 13 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 13 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 13 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 13 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 14 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 15 hours, 1 minute ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear