Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG 1711!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG... - Page 363

post #5431 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

No ghost it is ALL mental burn-in, your mind is just playing tricks on you. You have gone loony bin. regular_smile%20.gif

 

Lol,    ...for less than $20, you don't know what you're missing, bro. I'll gladly pay $100 just for the way they expand the soundstage of every phones I plug into them.

 

nvm... sometimes, it's better to stay ignorant, your wallet will love you for it ! wink_face.gif

post #5432 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

 

Lol,    ...for less than $20, you don't know what you're missing, bro. I'll gladly pay $100 just for the way they expand the soundstage of every phones I plug into them.

 

nvm... sometimes, it's better to stay ignorant, your wallet will love you for it ! wink_face.gif


LoL wayyy to late this lil' bugger is already on its way, ordered on the 21st of last month. Gonna be joining you'll in this crazy dac funnzies real soon!!!    deadhorse.gif

post #5433 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

 

Lol,    ...for less than $20, you don't know what you're missing, bro. I'll gladly pay $100 just for the way they expand the soundstage of every phones I plug into them.

 

nvm... sometimes, it's better to stay ignorant, your wallet will love you for it ! wink_face.gif

 

You must be talking about the ele dac. Therefore, you're killing me.... I ordered mine a week ago, and ever since then I've been preparing for it's imminent arrival by using my laptop as a source (way more often than I used to). But, not having the ele dac hooked up to it is now driving me crazy lol!

post #5434 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


LoL wayyy to late this lil' bugger is already on its way, ordered on the 21st of last month. Gonna be joining you'll in this crazy dac funnzies real soon!!!    deadhorse.gif

 

Uhhh! 21st of Nov and you still haven't received it???  No way I'm gonna survive...

post #5435 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

Uhhh! 21st of Nov and you still haven't received it???  No way I'm gonna survive...


LoL i didn't even get a ship notice yet. You're gonna die from thirst. Poor guy. 

400

post #5436 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


LoL i didn't even get a ship notice yet. You're gonna die from thirst. Poor guy. 

400

 

Huh? You mean that you didn't get the same "Your item is marked as shipped" email notification that I got the day after I ordered mine? Ooops!

 

You must have just missed the email man. I really don't want to have to rub in getting my ele dac before you do. Or do I????

post #5437 of 25872

To DSNUTS,

 

If I never plan on using an open headphone and only using closed HPs or IEMs, would you still recommend the Sabre over the Ele dac? Trying to save my money so I am wondering if the upgrade is worth it. =)

post #5438 of 25872
Thread Starter 

Wow Ghost. You seem to really enjoy that Ele dac..I knew it would be a hit but I had no idea..Glad your digging that $18 sound. Lol. Who would have ever thought. The truth is it kinda makes sense. Those sound chips in DACs really don't cost much. And if you get a smart Chines guy with the bright idea to make a nice cheap dac that sounds great using a real minimum design that more than does the job. You get the Ele which guys will be completely surprised about once they hear it.

post #5439 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

Huh? You mean that you didn't get the same "Your item is marked as shipped" email notification that I got the day after I ordered mine? Ooops!

 

You must have just missed the email man. I really don't want to have to rub in getting my ele dac before you do. Or do I????


No??? Should i be concerned? But i am not that thirsty like you. heeee

 

 

^ WAYNE

post #5440 of 25872
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhL17 View Post

To DSNUTS,

 

If I never plan on using an open headphone and only using closed HPs or IEMs, would you still recommend the Sabre over the Ele dac? Trying to save my money so I am wondering if the upgrade is worth it. =)

Good question. The truth is the Hifimidey sounds great with everything. Now I also noticed that I am getting even a better sound if I hook this Dac to a small amp. Be it a E11 or something like my Bravo which sounds unbelievable using the Hifimediy.

 

I can say it is completely worth the money spent. I doubt you will hear anything that sounds this good for this price. It sounds great just out of the 3.5 jack but using a small amp it becomes a supernova of awesomeness...

 

If you want to just get your feet wet. The Ele is amazing. Either way you will definitely get your money worth in sound and thensome. $18 is so cheap. I would try one first and later on you can get the Hifimediy. The fact that is uses a more refined chip for sound you know you will get another sound which is nice. It is like getting a FX3X and then getting a XB90EX later. Both different sounding and not the same. Both completely worth the experience.
 

post #5441 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


No??? Should i be concerned? But i am not that thirsty like you. heeee

 

 

^ WAYNE

 

Wayne. Pegged.

post #5442 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


LoL wayyy to late this lil' bugger is already on its way, ordered on the 21st of last month. Gonna be joining you'll in this crazy dac funnzies real soon!!!    deadhorse.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

You must be talking about the ele dac. Therefore, you're killing me.... I ordered mine a week ago, and ever since then I've been preparing for it's imminent arrival by using my laptop as a source (way more often than I used to). But, not having the ele dac hooked up to it is now driving me crazy lol!

 

Now, now, ladies, don't forget to buy a good piece of usb printer cable to go with your soon to be delivered ELE DAC. beerchug.gif

post #5443 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


LoL i didn't even get a ship notice yet. You're gonna die from thirst. Poor guy. 

400

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

Huh? You mean that you didn't get the same "Your item is marked as shipped" email notification that I got the day after I ordered mine? Ooops!

 

You must have just missed the email man. I really don't want to have to rub in getting my ele dac before you do. Or do I????

 

Lol !   ...sfwalcer, must have been your earlier posts about DACs and amps being mental that did it !    ...the vender you ordered those DAC must have been reading Head'Fi ! biggrin.gif

post #5444 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Wow Ghost. You seem to really enjoy that Ele dac..I knew it would be a hit but I had no idea..Glad your digging that $18 sound. Lol. Who would have ever thought. The truth is it kinda makes sense. Those sound chips in DACs really don't cost much. And if you get a smart Chines guy with the bright idea to make a nice cheap dac that sounds great using a real minimum design that more than does the job. You get the Ele which guys will be completely surprised about once they hear it.

I most certainly am ! L3000.gif   ...the fact that they're only $18 for the improvement to SQ makes them even sweeter. Of course they don't compare to what's coming out from high end Marantz or Onkyo audiophiles amps (apples and Oranges) but I think they're golden for budget fi.


Edited by Ghostfit - 12/5/12 at 7:52pm
post #5445 of 25872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

 

 

Lol !   ...sfwalcer, must have been your earlier posts about DACs and amps being mental that did it !    ...the vender you ordered those DAC must have been reading Head'Fi ! biggrin.gif


I know ghost it's a conspiracy against me, i tell you!!! I better get it before thirsty WAYNE or else. 

400

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG 1711!