Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG 1711!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG... - Page 311

post #4651 of 25888

Regarding the Sony MH1Cs HOLY MACKEREL!!!!  DAT REFINEMENT has finally broken through. It is godly tuned.

 

Quote stolen from ClieOS MH1C thread:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

No these sound fantastic. I am listening to them on my newly acquired bravo ocean tube amp hooked up to a clip of all sources..These have a very similar tuning to a much higher end XBA-3. That in of itself is worthy of purchasing..They have been on the burn for the almost 50 hours now and I have to say. I am mighty impressed by how they sound. These seem to scale well with more powerful sources. You would not expect this level of sound from these.

 

I remembered on first listen without burn. I was like. That ClieOS must be smoking something. lol!

 

For all you people that don't think "burn-in" is the real deal, you need to get a pair of these Sony MH1Cs with raw drivers as Dsnuts and I did, and you're gonna shut up for the rest of your life, nuff' said. I documented on this thread that my initial impressions of these were similar to bass cannons with tiny highs and mids on open box. But after 3 and a half days of burning them in on full blast, only listening to them for short periods in between, these has finally turned into sonic diamonds and deserves Dsnuts golden nuts trophy.  I am finally hearing what ALL of you are raving about, MY GOD THESE ARE RAWWWWWW!!!

 

I was showing off this cheapo to my cousins and asked the one has some pricier cans and thinks he knows a lot about sound, how much would he pay for what he was hearing from these MH1Cs and he told me this thing is worth $20 dollars. I was like LoL, yeppp i DID pay $20 for them but told him that these are similar/ close to sony's $300 XBA3s in sound for this little. haha He was a bit skeptical cuz yesterday afternoon these still sounded like heavy end bass cannons with mids/ highs heavily veiled. So I give him props for saying what he felt/ heard cuz these sounded ehhhh to say the least NOT so impressive yesterday (he also hates bass heavy headphones/ IEMs, it give him a headache, so it makes sense LoL)

 

Anywho I was kinda starting to have doubts, thinking that man these fools on head-fi must be trippin' cuz my set of MH1Cs sure don't sound that "refined" or masterfully tuned even after a couple days of heavy burn-in, let alone come close to the sound of sony's XBA 3s. So I was like damn it, these things can never come close to the refinement and clarity of my JVC S500s or my FXD70s so I tossed them on the burner again to burn them to hell, cuz I didn't really care anymore. Thank god, my curiosity got of the best of me and after a full night of further burn-in on max volume, I gave them another listen, WOW I was like these sound soooo much more clear and balanced now. The bass end is really tight and deep, while the mids and the highs are finally shining through. I can finally hear what all of you'll have been raving about for the pass week, the entire sound spectrum is so refined on these BUT with really great/ fun bass MY GOD $20 for this is crazy. I am getting scared, cuz these might top my FXD70s. 

 

/rant.

 

P.S Thanks Dsnuts for the heads up, but after a couple of days of burning in without a huge leap in sound, I was kinda losing faith haha, thank god you were right on the money. Oh and a BIG thanks to ClieOS for this amazing discovery, sonic diamonds they truly are.   beerchug.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 11/5/12 at 11:49am
post #4652 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

You know what, for some reason right after I got these i downloaded korn in flac (follow the leader).  In my teens i used sony discmans and ex buds and it just took me back to how much I enjoyed it back in the day!  I hate you ft Fred Durst sounds amazing with the mh1c.

If you've not got it already, Korn's self titled original has the best sound IMO....they didn't compress the production so there's great dynamic range....I love Fieldy's bass playing and sounds soo good on these!
post #4653 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

And finally it came to discoveries in the hip-hop realm LOL biggrin.gif

-snip-

Some good tracks there, cheers.
post #4654 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckinFutz View Post


If you've not got it already, Korn's self titled original has the best sound IMO....they didn't compress the production so there's great dynamic range....I love Fieldy's bass playing and sounds soo good on these!

Yeh the first 3 albums for me were outstanding, after that i started liking individual tracks rather than their whole albums to the point I cant care.  felt the same about bizkit after significant other but I gotta admit gold cobra is damm good, its like a throwback to doing what they originally did, big part I think in bringing back wes boreland.

post #4655 of 25888

hey guys! any preference between accessoryjack.com or gimmedigi.com? I mean reliability, customer service, delivery delays etc?

post #4656 of 25888
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amader7 View Post

hey guys! any preference between accessoryjack.com or gimmedigi.com? I mean reliability, customer service, delivery delays etc?

 

I just bought my MDR-1R from AccessoryJack and have bought many a earphones from them. Solid vendor. Never had an issue with that site. They got reasonable to great prices on their stuff too. I have no idea about the other one.

post #4657 of 25888

Well...

The R1's arrived yesterday, and I've been listening to them for a while... and I can definitely tell you they are an upgrade in every way to the JVC FX101's, the bass is so much more refined, yet it still remains, and competes with the FX101 bass levels. The clarity is so much better too. I am able to hear new things unheard of while listening to songs I listen to soooo many times! It's actually very nice to listen to, the bass isn't so in your face and your not only given that, but the mids and highs are so much better too. Listening to the one earphone of the FX101, and comparing to the R1, it sounds almost muddy and dark, there isn't much sparkle. The bass end is almost perfect for me, I find it quite enjoyable, even being a basshead kind of person. I'm starting to try and think of what the XB90EX would sound like now!!!confused_face(1).gif

I must say these R1's are really something, and if what your saying about the MH1C being much much better then...

 

WOW! ksc75smile.gif

 

I can't wait until they arrive, should be any day now!

post #4658 of 25888

The MH1C + Fiio E10/E9 combo = BLISS with this track! Finally found another universal dynamic earphone that equals the GR07 in drums reproduction. 

 

 


Edited by ericp10 - 11/5/12 at 8:34pm
post #4659 of 25888

comparing the mc1c to the ckm500, im not SO impressed. how much burn in do they need?

post #4660 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

comparing the mc1c to the ckm500, im not SO impressed. how much burn in do they need?

 

Well it took me like 4 days with constant burn-in on max volume to get that clear and balanced sound everyone seems to be hearing on open box. LoL

Guess I was one of those unlucky ones that got raw drivers with zero factory burn in on them.  YMMV but couple of days on constant full blast with heavy bass music should do the trick, max one week I guess???

 

Mines are sounding marvelous right now, it is truly crazy to hear how much they have transformed from open box to what I am hearing now. I can't get these things outta my ears at the moment. L3000.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 11/5/12 at 10:24pm
post #4661 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanzombie View Post

I agree with you, the mh1 doesnt have HUGE bass like the sony eb90x. I think the people who say these are bass monsters havent heard a true bass IEM. Infact these on openbox didnt have much bass and was just thumpy. When is the next discovery going to happen?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

When JVC releases this monster.

700

 

I'll say !    ...not even a discovery anymore since 90% of the hardcore head'fier on here are just simply waiting for them to ship.

 

Having experienced what JVC can do with a single CNT driver, OMG !   ....this thing has 3 CNT drivers tuned to JVC's perfection. (I can hardly wait)

 

It's not budget Fi for sure but I'm a little worried it will make me lose interests with all my current gears.

post #4662 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

 

 

I'll say !    ...not even a discovery anymore since 90% of the hardcore head'fier on here are just simply waiting for them to ship.

 

Having experienced what JVC can do with a single CNT driver, OMG !   ....this thing has 3 CNT drivers tuned to JVC's perfection. (I can hardly wait)

 

It's not budget Fi for sure but I'm a little worried it will make me lose interests with all my current gears.

Only one driver is made from carbon nanotube. other two diaphragms, including the band-pass woofer, are just carbon fiber...

 

but yeah, I agree - one of the most exciting things in iem industry for the moment...

post #4663 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

You know what, for some reason right after I got these i downloaded korn in flac (follow the leader).  In my teens i used sony discmans and ex buds and it just took me back to how much I enjoyed it back in the day!  I hate you ft Fred Durst sounds amazing with the mh1c.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckinFutz View Post


If you've not got it already, Korn's self titled original has the best sound IMO....they didn't compress the production so there's great dynamic range....I love Fieldy's bass playing and sounds soo good on these!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

Yeh the first 3 albums for me were outstanding, after that i started liking individual tracks rather than their whole albums to the point I cant care.  felt the same about bizkit after significant other but I gotta admit gold cobra is damm good, its like a throwback to doing what they originally did, big part I think in bringing back wes boreland.

 

no argument here. korn music should be listened with good audio, otherwise they sound crappy. :D

post #4664 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

 

 

I'll say !    ...not even a discovery anymore since 90% of the hardcore head'fier on here are just simply waiting for them to ship.

 

Having experienced what JVC can do with a single CNT driver, OMG !   ....this thing has 3 CNT drivers tuned to JVC's perfection. (I can hardly wait)

 

It's not budget Fi for sure but I'm a little worried it will make me lose interests with all my current gears.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I did look around on here a bit first and some googling, what is the model number of the above-mentioned JVC that everyone is hyped up for? :P

post #4665 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrahams View Post

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I did look around on here a bit first and some googling, what is the model number of the above-mentioned JVC that everyone is hyped up for? :P

 

FXZ100 and 200

 

It also has its own thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632273/jvc-ha-fxz-100-200

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG 1711!