Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG 1711!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG... - Page 1271

post #19051 of 25891

^ Or you can wait for the Fiio X1....... unless you need something with lots fancy features like fruit products.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-most-portable-and-affordable-high-resolution-dap-from-fiio

 

This one seems less funky than the X5s so i will most likely get one.

 

And the ~ $100 price tag is right. :ksc75smile:

post #19052 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

^ Or you can wait for the Fiio X1....... unless you need something with lots fancy features like fruit products.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-most-portable-and-affordable-high-resolution-dap-from-fiio

 

This one seems less funky than the X5s so i will most likely get one.

 

And the ~ $100 price tag is right. :ksc75smile:

OMG! :D It looks like an iPod Mini!

     Always wanted an iPod Classic, but deemed it too expensive despite the massive hard drive (probably larger than my dad's digital music collection, which is about 120GB) and the really fluctuating price ($100-$200+ depending on the generation). Plus, I like the simple look and using iTunes.

     I wonder if FiiO's DAPs have an iTunes like method of syncing music (kinda like Samsung Kies). I've always wanted to just sync it that way and update my playlists as my collection grows without having to copy-paste. That, and I loathe employing M3Us as I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

 

And I agree, the X5 does look kinda weird, even though I wanted it a little. I didn't really like the look of the X3 either. That, and it's quite thick.

post #19053 of 25891
Wish it came with a clip. Still nothing like a sansa clip for the gym. All those armbands or putting it in the pocket just gets in the way.
post #19054 of 25891

My iPod Touch 4 was a Christmas present from my fiance, so I have to "like it" so i can keep getting "happy time". lol I'm not a fan of apple products, but it works when i need it. 

post #19055 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

OMG! :D It looks like an iPod Mini!

     Always wanted an iPod Classic, but deemed it too expensive despite the massive hard drive (probably larger than my dad's digital music collection, which is about 120GB) and the really fluctuating price ($100-$200+ depending on the generation). Plus, I like the simple look and using iTunes.

     I wonder if FiiO's DAPs have an iTunes like method of syncing music (kinda like Samsung Kies). I've always wanted to just sync it that way and update my playlists as my collection grows without having to copy-paste. That, and I loathe employing M3Us as I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

 

And I agree, the X5 does look kinda weird, even though I wanted it a little. I didn't really like the look of the X3 either. That, and it's quite thick.


Hmmm i actually prefer the drop and drag method cuz the music files would not have to be doubled and synced again in itunes. If you have a CRAZY huge music library it can be a pain in the arse to sync.

 

Just hope the X1 will have world class sound without the world class price tag like the new $2K plus A&K 240s. LMAO :eek:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697166/the-astell-kern-ak240

 

But if you gots cabbage to burn, i can see why spendy DAPs like this is alluring.

 

Personally the upcoming design of the Fiio X7s seems much more ideal than the new A&K tbh from what lil' we can see of it.....

 

... no doubt the X7 looks most refined outta' the lot.  Bigger touch screen with android???

 

X1s more compact/ simple form factor still seems to be the most ideal.

post #19056 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


Hmmm i actually prefer the drop and drag method cuz the music files would not have to be doubled and synced again in itunes. If you have a CRAZY huge music library it can be a pain in the arse to sync.

 

Just hope the X1 will have world class sound without the world class price tag like the new $2K plus A&K 240s. LMAO :eek:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697166/the-astell-kern-ak240

 

But if you gots cabbage to burn, i can see why spendy DAPs like this is alluring.

 

Personally the upcoming design of the Fiio X7s seems much more ideal than the new A&K tbh from what lil' we can see of it.....

 

... no doubt the X7 looks most refined outta' the lot.  Bigger touch screen with android???

 

X1s more compact/ simple form factor still seems to be the most ideal.

Hoo, dayum, that looks nice. It's like a smartphone without the phone. It's just smart. Reminds me of my iPod Touch, heh.

 

And just who the hell would want to buy the A&K M240 anyway?

post #19057 of 25891

I just bought my X3, and now after seeing the sexy looking X1 and especially that sleek and modern X7, my X3 looks like the ugly girlfriend you don't want your friends to meet. *sigh* thanks walcer. Now I've got to save the cheese to get this X7, or just pony up for the $100 X1?

post #19058 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

Hoo, dayum, that looks nice. It's like a smartphone without the phone. It's just smart. Reminds me of my iPod Touch, heh.

 

And just who the hell would want to buy the A&K M240 anyway?


LoL, you will be surprised. There are A LOT of gearphiles that hops on the newest/ most hot gears regardless of the crazy prices.

 

But if you have cabbages to burn and is within your means i don't see the harm in it, but still it's LITERALLY like enabling these name brands to milk you like a sucka', but some pay that much for cables, etc etc so...... haha :triportsad:

 

Like i be saying cable guys you just can't trust them. :tongue:

 

Quote:
 I just bought my X3, and now after seeing the sexy looking X1 and especially that sleek and modern X7, my X3 looks like the ugly girlfriend you don't want your friends to meet. *sigh* thanks walcer. Now I've got to save the cheese to get this X7, or just pony up for the $100 X1?

^ ikr, gotta' catch them all!!! :deadhorse:

 

As long as the X3 sounds sweet to you why worry about all the new toys coming down the pipeline meng cuz there's ALWAYS gonna' be newer/ better/ cheaper??? stuff in the near future. Just enjoy what you got for now, no need to stress it. Glad i skipped the X3, DX50 and probably the X5 as well cuz there are just lil' things that don't seem right/ unfinished on them for some reason.

post #19059 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
Americans drive on the right side of the road, and Europeans and others the left side.

 

No one in continental Europe drives on the left, it's just Britain and its former colonies (mostly Pacific and Asian).

post #19060 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

I'm about ready to do a throwdown between the Piston and thr NuForce 770X. One with a Beryllium alloy dynamic driver for $20.00, and one with a wideband dynamic driver for $25.00. 

 

Sources are an unamped Sony NWZ 475, an unamped Rockbox'd Sansa Fuze, an unamped ipod Touch 4 with EQ 10, and the FiiO X3. 

 

Files will be 320 mp3's, since only two out of the four sources can play FLAC. 

 

music will be a shuffled selection of classic rock, pop music, metal, and the debut SKREAM! album. 

 

Comparisons and results coming within the next hour or so...

post #19061 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


LoL, you will be surprised. There are A LOT of gearphiles that hops on the newest/ most hot gears regardless of the crazy prices.

 

But if you have cabbages to burn and is within your means i don't see the harm in it, but still it's LITERALLY like enabling these name brands to milk you like a sucka', but some pay that much for cables, etc etc so...... haha :triportsad:

 

Like i be saying cable guys you just can't trust them. :tongue:

+1

 

     I don't know why some people here get so obsessed with the very cables; it's as if they actually want to spend more on audio that they just buy whatever they want because they're so filthy rich. And there are others who just get so paranoid that they could actually notice the difference between one silver cable and another silver cable. Of course, I actually think that the upgrade from OFC to silver cable might make sense for someone at Summit-Fi looking to finish up their collection and take a step into endgame; but from silver-to-silver...that just doesn't make any sense anymore.

 

/rant

post #19062 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

What!? lol

Why are you quoting yourself - thought you were going to give impressions

post #19063 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

What!? lol

Why are you quoting yourself - thought you were going to give impressions

My thoughts EXACTLY. Who the hell quotes themselves sheeeesh!!! LMAO :rolleyes:

 

C'mon meng basic forum posting etiquette cuz those triple back to back to back............ posts. Nuff said.

 

.... not tellin' ya' how to post and we all do it from tyme to tyme but.... don't go full_retard with it meng. ;) 

 

edit: Learn to use the edit fool!!! :deadhorse:


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/15/14 at 1:28am
post #19064 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

What!? lol

Why are you quoting yourself - thought you were going to give impressions

that was my bad. Didn't mean it, but wasn't gonna mess with it after it happened. 

post #19065 of 25891

So relax, before I decide to flood this forum with 100 consecutive posts quoting the majesty of the Brainwavz Delta. ;) 

 

:biggrin:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG 1711!