Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG 1711!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG... - Page 1106

post #16576 of 25884
Thread Starter 

Go for the MA750s then. Read the latest impression of them on the MA750 thread..I like the Gratitudes for the price we payed them for but if you have to pay a bit margin more for the MA750..The MA750 is technically a superior earphone, better sense of space and depth. More even balanced sound better natural timbre especially in the highs.. Way better build too actually.

 

The overall presentation of the MA750 is well rounded and superbly balanced where the Gratitudes have a cone shape sound, the treble is thin and leaner vs the bit thicker mids that aren't as deep as I would like and then add to that a thicker bass end..The Gratitudes are colored in an enjoyable way and they do sound awesome for pop rock but if you really want to get down to what has the higher end sound quality.. I have to give the edge to the MA750s.

post #16577 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

There are a few pairs of CKS1Ks on the sale forums. See if you can deal a pair for $130 or so. I would try one out for certain.

 

Werd...emailed the seller, hopefully they're still available. I reeeeeally want the limited editions but it's probably better to audition their sound first before I spent $200 ordering a limited edition from Amazon.jp / Tenso. However, I'm sure your impressions are right on with the 1000 being a solid upgrade to the 77/77x's.


Edited by Euphonik - 11/11/13 at 7:04am
post #16578 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonik View Post
 

 

Werd...emailed the seller, hopefully they're still available. I reeeeeally want the limited editions but it's probably better to audition their sound first before I spent $200 ordering a limited edition from Amazon.jp/Tenso. However, I'm sure your impressions are right on with the 1000 being a solid upgrade to the 77/77x's.

Why you dont want to buy CKS99? They are 99% of CKS1000 sound quality. But others say that they are quite different.

Note - i am not audiophile by no means.

post #16579 of 25884

someone can please compare in short impressions M200 vs Brainwavz R3 vs MA750 vs Gratitudes vs CKS1000. Which has best sq(clarity, bass, mids). Both X3 and R3 from MP4nation for $200 is so tempting. If R3 is as good as other iems, i might take a shot.

post #16580 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Go for the MA750s then. Read the latest impression of them on the MA750 thread..I like the Gratitudes for the price we payed them for but if you have to pay a bit margin more for the MA750..The MA750 is technically a superior earphone, better sense of space and depth. More even balanced sound better natural timbre especially in the highs.. Way better build too actually.

 

The overall presentation of the MA750 is well rounded and superbly balanced where the Gratitudes have a cone shape sound, the treble is thin and leaner vs the bit thicker mids that aren't as deep as I would like and then add to that a thicker bass end..The Gratitudes are colored in an enjoyable way and they do sound awesome for pop rock but if you really want to get down to what has the higher end sound quality.. I have to give the edge to the MA750s.

 

Yeah I just read the latest impressions over there. H20Fidelity seems to like them :normal_smile :

 

I think you have me sold on them MA750's now :D I like my CKN70's but looking for something a little more natural sounding and the MA750's seem to be it. I love the look of them too, the build quality and accessories look awesome, the whole package really. Add to the fact they are Scottish made! :tongue:

 

Would you say the MA750 is better than the CKS1000?


Edited by Gee Simpson - 11/11/13 at 7:31am
post #16581 of 25884
The MA750 are fantastic.
post #16582 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by iemguy66 View Post
 

Why you dont want to buy CKS99? They are 99% of CKS1000 sound quality. But others say that they are quite different.

Note - i am not audiophile by no means.

 

From what I've read I think since the CKS1000s are newer they have a larger soundstage due to air chamber redesign and more refined highs(which I guess was a complaint from some CKS99 owners). My CKS77x is on the way so ideally the 1000s will be a "solid" upgrade : ) 


Edited by Euphonik - 11/11/13 at 8:19am
post #16583 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by iemguy66 View Post
 

Why you dont want to buy CKS99? They are 99% of CKS1000 sound quality. 

Have you heard both? Because some who have wouldn't agree with that.

post #16584 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

Have you heard both? Because some who have wouldn't agree with that.
+1
post #16585 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonik View Post

From what I've read I think since the CKS1000s are newer they have a larger soundstage due to air chamber redesign and more refined highs(which I guess was a complaint from some CKS99 owners). My CKS77x is on the way so ideally the 1000s will be a "solid" upgrade : ) 

Cks99 and 1000 was released in same day, and has same technology used.
post #16586 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

Have you heard both? Because some who have wouldn't agree with that.

I owned both. And specially compared them side by side. Both burned in.
post #16587 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by iemguy66 View Post


Cks99 and 1000 was released in same day, and has same technology used.

 

Woops, didn't realize that. I don't get why AT would release two products on the same day with the same technology which sound 99% identical but with one costing much more than the other? I couldn't find too many CKS99 comparisons to the CKS1000 so I've been deferring to Dsnuts- his impressions have been pretty spot on for me so far and has made a lot of good selections.

post #16588 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonik View Post

Woops, didn't realize that. I don't get why AT would release two products on the same day with the same technology which sound 99% identical but with one costing much more than the other? I couldn't find too many CKS99 comparisons to the CKS1000 so I've been deferring to Dsnuts- his impressions have been pretty spot on for me so far and has made a lot of good selections.
Maybe my hearing isnt good enough to hear the difference between two similar sounding high end iems? But on other hand, i clearly hear superior es700 detailing compared to cks1000.
post #16589 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by iemguy66 View Post
 

someone can please compare in short impressions M200 vs Brainwavz R3 vs MA750 vs Gratitudes vs CKS1000. Which has best sq(clarity, bass, mids). Both X3 and R3 from MP4nation for $200 is so tempting. If R3 is as good as other iems, i might take a shot.

 

 

This has been done extensively on this thread if you do a little researching. Now, my opinion is that the M200 is the most refined and best sounding earphone out there under $200 (provided that you can get a good seal).

post #16590 of 25884
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

The MA750 are fantastic.


Do tell, you have a loaner or has that contest wrapped up?

 

FOUND IT  :beerchug:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/675848/new-rha-iems-the-ma750i-and-ma600i/225#post_9968473


Edited by nick n - 11/11/13 at 3:22pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG 1711!