Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG 1711!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG... - Page 1012

post #15166 of 25891

Dont think this will be release in the U.S sadly:( and it does kinduv look like the 7506. I just like the red and blue rings on the cups its totally meant as a functional mark but it does add flare :tongue: 

post #15167 of 25891

They've been around for a little while, but here's a discovery for me... AKG K240 sextett LP's:

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/two-vintage-akg-headphones-k240-sextett-and-k340-electrostatic-dynamic

 

 

They are only 35 years old lol, but they sound great! My dusty buddy nick had lent those dusty bad boys to me a while ago, but I was too pre-occupied with my other new toys to spend much time with them. But finally I did, and I realized how just wonderful they sound (off of a good amp). So now they are mine, all mine, and I am enjoying them very much :D

post #15168 of 25891

Them 240 i feel just dont get the love they desserve. A good friend of mine had a pair using them for recording.  He loved them so much that he used for music as well, had a listen and they had gorgeus mids.

post #15169 of 25891

new killer combination:  c3 amped by rsa hornet output to  ZERO AUDIO TENORES

spectacularly fluid. cohesive, and rocked my world/   tried about ten different combos

while watching baseball playoffs and this one was so amazing that i closed my eyes

for an hour and missed the game!

post #15170 of 25891

Pads problem solved 

 

while gaming with the cans i used my razor megaladon headset for my mic (weird i know having one set and another around your neck but it worked out great)

 

Then i noticed that the razors had pads velor pads...pads i wanted on my MX10.:veryevil: So i took them off and found that like the MX10s they had a little foam disk around the driver that was removable and it fits like a glove over the foam ring around the MX10s driver. Well they are alittle hard to put on but the pads do indeed fit nice and snug on the MX10s and soooooooo much more comfortable now dont even realize i have em on now. Here are some pics comparing them to the old pads.

 

 

 

post #15171 of 25891
did the sound change in any way?
post #15172 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

did the sound change in any way?

 

It lost some impact it seems but the sound seems more spacious. The treble comes through alittle more now still not at all harsh or hot and listening to thrift shop on these now the bass isn't sacrificed. 

:cool:

post #15173 of 25891
OK people I don't do much hyping around here but after being stunned by a demo of the Monster nPulse over ear headphone I found out I could buy a pair for around $100 off eBay. So I put in an offer for a black pair for $85 and won the bid.

I have to say at $100 these are an absolute STEAL and even at their retail I think they are a good deal. They have massive bass with no compromise in the treble and midrange. The sound stage is compelling and for a full size headphone they have a portable friendly cable that will work with any smartphone and the seem pretty solidly built as well. The bass is massive but controlled and the,mids are very revealing. To be blunt they are everything I have been looking for in a bass heavy headphone.

I know my posts don't have a strong following in this thread but for love of... Well the music I hope 1 or 2 of the big posters in this give these a try. They are insanely good bang for the buck if you can snag a pair for the $100 point.

here is another thread in the FS forum on them http://www.head-fi.org/t/668530/surprised-monster-ncredible-n-pulse-are-kicking-my-general-musings-impressions-reviews-etc-thread.
post #15174 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

new killer combination:  c3 amped by rsa hornet output to  ZERO AUDIO TENORES

spectacularly fluid. cohesive, and rocked my world/   tried about ten different combos

while watching baseball playoffs and this one was so amazing that i closed my eyes

for an hour and missed the game!

Curious about the C3-I know Wayne has one and seems to like it very much. Right now kicking around an offer at the site-that-shall-not-be-mentioned for the A & K AK100, still not cheap, though...

post #15175 of 25891
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

OK people I don't do much hyping around here but after being stunned by a demo of the Monster nPulse over ear headphone I found out I could buy a pair for around $100 off eBay. So I put in an offer for a black pair for $85 and won the bid.

I have to say at $100 these are an absolute STEAL and even at their retail I think they are a good deal. They have massive bass with no compromise in the treble and midrange. The sound stage is compelling and for a full size headphone they have a portable friendly cable that will work with any smartphone and the seem pretty solidly built as well. The bass is massive but controlled and the,mids are very revealing. To be blunt they are everything I have been looking for in a bass heavy headphone.

I know my posts don't have a strong following in this thread but for love of... Well the music I hope 1 or 2 of the big posters in this give these a try. They are insanely good bang for the buck if you can snag a pair for the $100 point.

here is another thread in the FS forum on them http://www.head-fi.org/t/668530/surprised-monster-ncredible-n-pulse-are-kicking-my-general-musings-impressions-reviews-etc-thread.

Tempting.

post #15176 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertad View Post
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertad View Post

 

It lost some impact it seems but the sound seems more spacious. The treble comes through alittle more now still not at all harsh or hot and listening to thrift shop on these now the bass isn't sacrificed. 

:cool:

That sounds sweet, looks sweet as well. Keep updating!

Did you try cracking the thing open (I see there are screws) and seeing what sort of damping, if any, they have on the cup enclosure? Something about the looks of the inside reminds me of my HD428s....

post #15177 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Tempting.
They are comfortable as well. I will post back what they are like when worn for a couple of hours in regards to heat. They have enough clamp to be not bad for isolation but the pads are soft enough they don't feel uncomfortable from a pressure perspective.
post #15178 of 25891

Wayne please I am trying to forget what has happened there with those AKG's.

Fast distract me with some other new thing.

Pretty sure I'll end up with another down the road. Pretty crazy the radiators self adjust at certain bass ranges to level things out, and some pretty crazy comments there too.

 

Keeping with the discovery aspect, someone might want to check out the Sound Warrior SW-HP10 ( Shirosh!ta industry ). Seem to be getting interesting reviews. Japan only of course. And actually MADE in Japan too.

 http://www.geocities.jp/ryumatsuba/sw-hp10.html

 

The only thread here on this thing, been tempted it keeps rearing its head every few weeks in my Yahoo japan searches.

Could it be portable, sure why not.

many other links in here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/671452/ridiculously-amazing-headphone-sound-warrior-sw-hp-10

 

the link is purposely disjointed in the first post there I can't get it to link up here.  oh well.


Edited by nick n - 10/8/13 at 7:57pm
post #15179 of 25891

Looked at the post, does sound interesting...

post #15180 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

Keeping with the discovery aspect, someone might want to check out the Sound Warrior SW-HP10 ( Shirosh!ta industry ). Seem to be getting interesting reviews. Japan only of course. And actually MADE in Japan too.

 http://www.geocities.jp/ryumatsuba/sw-hp10.html

Nice FR....? Still not sure what compensation they use, like I mentioned to ya last time.

 

Good reviews though, for sure.

 

No funny Chinglish printed on the cups though,

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take TTPOD T1 PG 1711!