Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!! - Page 578

post #8656 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post


I read your post wrong xD Wow, so you're buying all that stuff?

already bought.  Well except for the stuff at the end.  Doing pretty well on CL reselling stuff.  Staples had a clearance on SOUL headphones...cleared out the stores around me for the SL300 and SL150; those are selling like hotcakes.  And Dicks sporting goods store had some stupid clearance of 93 cent shoe sale online.... ended up buying a lot of randon shoes and sizes since they were going OOS pretty quick.  127 pairs of shoes for 127 shipped.  

 

Really trying to debate on the objective/odac or M&M stack

post #8657 of 27037
dang, lol don't have the odac, but I like the o2. want something beefier tho, got a pair of hd600s coming in. biggrin.gif
post #8658 of 27037
Can someone tell me if the CKN70 sounds good with today's pop/rock music? Is there a better iem in the same price range for those genres?


Sent from my RAZR i using the Tapatalk 2
post #8659 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

dang, lol don't have the odac, but I like the o2. want something beefier tho, got a pair of hd600s coming in. biggrin.gif

the hd600's arent that hard to drive... yeah is scales well with amps... but im pretty sure an o2 can drive them.  i drive my 580's (same thing as a 600) with a OLD x-head amp and it runs them just fine.  

post #8660 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

the hd600's arent that hard to drive... yeah is scales well with amps... but im pretty sure an o2 can drive them.  i drive my 580's (same thing as a 600) with a OLD x-head amp and it runs them just fine.  

Well, yeah. but... that's not the Head-Fi way. biggrin.gif Not looking to go TOO overboard... looking at either Bottlehead Crack DIY or Lake People G103. SS vs Tube. Decisions decisions... dt880smile.png
post #8661 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


Well, yeah. but... that's not the Head-Fi way. biggrin.gif Not looking to go TOO overboard... looking at either Bottlehead Crack DIY or Lake People G103. SS vs Tube. Decisions decisions... dt880smile.png

 the bottlehead crack with speedball is insane... my friend offered to build it as long as i pay for half and he gets to use it while im away from home.

post #8662 of 27037

OK i searched this forum and i found nothing, not any reference to the Cowon EM1

 

http://www.cowonindia.in/Products/Media-Players--Accessories-Earphones/Cowon/Cowon-EM1-earphone/pid-2300503.aspx

 

Also from what i am reading is like WTF DUDE? this is the most contradicting posts i have ever encountered in my life!

 

Check this out

 

 

http://tech2.in.com/reviews/headphones/cowon-em1-earphones-review/766692

 

 

OK here we see a site claiming it is really good, 9 and user opinions 8.5. You can also see some comments below from purchasers like

 

 

 

Quote:
I Bought these after reading the review and I must say I am impressed, I have more than 25 headphones and ear buds and these are better than Sennheiser CX500 and CX 300, Soundmagic E 10 and E30, I even liked them more than the Rockit R50, sound stage is very sweet and balanced and there is no harshness in the mids and highs as and the bass is tight and precise, its very tuff to find anything as good as these under 3000 rupees... Go for it. Thumbs up for a Great Review and Accurate Rating...

 

 

etc, etc.

 

 

and then you take a look over here and you read comments and posts like that.

 

 

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41461

 


 

Quote:

 

Dont even try them. I got mine about half an hour ago from exportprive.
They sound horrible... Lots of hissing noise and not enough punchy bass. ATh-sj5 sounds like sweet heaven after 10 minutes of this torture.

The ear-tips are getting dirty very easily (only 30 minutes has passed).

 

 

 

OK, WTF ???


Edited by FarCry - 4/13/13 at 12:46pm
post #8663 of 27037
Thread Starter 

This is the case for every highly reviewed earphone and headphone. It don't matter how good a phone is or how many guys think it is a great phone. You will always see a few that say this is not good because if this or that. From my personal experience dealing with earphones and headphones. There is no such thing as a perfect earphone for every single person. Ultimately it comes down to what you think about the product. My rule is. If a majority says it is good then more than likely it has enough decent dynamics to warrant a majority of folks liking that particular product..It would be abnormal to see 100% like on a product. That simply will not happen. Though the HA-S500 comes close.

 

You can take a $1000 headphone and not everyone will like it. Personal preference is key here. One mans swan song is another's ear ache. 

post #8664 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

This is the case for every highly reviewed earphone and headphone. It don't matter how good a phone is or how many guys think it is a great phone. You will always see a few that say this is not good because if this or that. From my personal experience dealing with earphones and headphones. There is no such thing as a perfect earphone for every single person. Ultimately it comes down to what you think about the product. My rule is. If a majority says it is good then more than likely it has enough decent dynamics to warrant a majority of folks liking that particular product..It would be abnormal to see 100% like on a product. That simply will not happen. Though the HA-S500 comes close.

 

You can take a $1000 headphone and not everyone will like it. Personal preference is key here. One mans swan song is another's ear ache. 

 

 

 

Yes of course i understand that but it is different to say that i don't like the sound signature and is another thing to say don't even try it people it's a torture (or something similar). This is the first time i am reading such harsh comments that's why i mentioned in the first place.

 

 

Apart from that does anyone have any experience with this IEM to start with? It seems that currently is under the head-fi radar

post #8665 of 27037

There is also the consideration of availability for an item to be widely reviewed.

 

If it is not easily obtainable, I doubt if many will even bother with it, I'm just glad there are companies like Tenso otherwise my choice of gears would be so much more limited.

 

If you could link where these EM5 could be easily and affordably purchased, some might take the plunge to be the early adapters.

post #8666 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post


If you could link where these EM5 could be easily and affordably purchased, some might take the plunge to be the early adapters.

 


 

 

If you are talking about the Cowon EM1 that i mentioned before the first place that comes in mind is ebay

 

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=Cowon+EM1+&_sacat=0&_from=R40

 

 

and this is for people that live in the UK

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cowon-EM1-Earphones-with-Remote-Mic-and-Tangle-Free-Cables-/321103201115?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item4ac33e035b


Edited by FarCry - 4/14/13 at 1:21pm
post #8667 of 27037
Thread Starter 

Wow this is new. I was browsing the bay and I saw a new and improved Ele with a built in volume control which means it has a small amp in there too. Nice.

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.M2b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELE-ELD02-PCM2704-USB-DAC-TDA1308-Headphone-amplifier-Volume-Control-silver-/230963456090

post #8668 of 27037

i think its just a digital volume control.  if it did have an amp, they would probably market it as a amp/dac.

post #8669 of 27037
The description for it say built in amp, so it does have one in it smily_headphones1.gif
post #8670 of 27037

Hi guys,
If I was looking for a bassy pair of IEM's where should one look?
Thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!