Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!! - Page 560

post #8386 of 27210
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Hey where is that pair you were hooking me up with??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Enjoy meng they are gonna need a good ol' fashion beat down, still burning my sets in cuz they are still not there yet. Another week should do the trick i hope. triportsad.gif

Sold them for some dusty talcum powder. Know you'd prefer that instead.

 

Burn-in to me = putting them over a stove and gently braising the plastic shells to open up all that flavor.

I'll start off with some K.O, see how it goes.

post #8387 of 27210

D'oh, I meant FXD70s of course :P Is there a massive difference in the bass between CKN70 and FXD70s? I like the bass of the CKN70s. More / similar bass would be good but less bass is a definite no-go.


Edited by Mackem - 3/23/13 at 7:01pm
post #8388 of 27210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post

D'oh, I meant FXD70s of course :P Is there a massive difference in the bass between CKN70 and FXD70s? I like the bass of the CKN70s. More / similar bass would be good but less bass is a definite no-go.

 

I can't make the comparison with the CKN70's (so wait for sf to bust that party and lose even more of his percentage lol). But what I can say about the FXD70's is that if you get the right tips on them, and you get the right seal on them, then the bass is surprisingly not lacking at all, and they do in fact sound rather fantastic.

post #8389 of 27210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post

D'oh, I meant FXD70s of course :P Is there a massive difference in the bass between CKN70 and FXD70s? I like the bass of the CKN70s. More / similar bass would be good but less bass is a definite no-go.

Your question is already answered here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


Good one WAYNE. beerchug.gif

 

They are indeed pretty similar, esp. how those crazy mids are presented, but the bass quantity is a bit more on the CKN70s. Didn't i tell you to look into the FXD80s, don't underestimate those tbh.

post #8390 of 27210
Thread Starter 

This is new.

Red M-50.

 

Looks like them CKS55X and CKS77X are going to be out April 18th


Edited by Dsnuts - 3/23/13 at 7:58pm
post #8391 of 27210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post

Your question is already answered here:

 

Gee, two things. 1. Your percentage is going lower as well,  and 2. your percentage is now at zero lol! deadhorse.gif

post #8392 of 27210

Dunno whether to go for the FXD70s or the CKS77/99X when they are released.

post #8393 of 27210

Do the new cks's have different sound or is it just a new design that is purely cosmetic?

post #8394 of 27210

From what I heard with the FXD70 it had very little quantity of bass when I had them.. And they were fully burned in over hundreds of hours and the seal was correct.. So I don't know if I'd want to go down to the FXD70 from the ckn70 if you need at the least the amount that's on the ckn70's.. The correct fxd IEM in that case would be the FXD80.. Much more quantity and better bass.. Though neither of the fxd's do mids like the ckn's.. You'd have to stay within the ATH line to get that or maybe some of the sony offerings like the xb90ex

post #8395 of 27210
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisxx View Post

Do the new cks's have different sound or is it just a new design that is purely cosmetic?

Oh I guarantee the sound will be revised. When AT puts an X at the end of a phone. Like A900 to A900X or AD900 to AD900X. These are revisions with newer tuning.

 

Just a guess but I think the new CKS77X wil be worth getting over the CKS99 for example. I am gonna guess new updated drivers with newer tuning using double air chamber tech that is in the CKS99 and the CKS1000..  Which will mean.  New sound.

 

Let me put it this way. I highly doubt the CKS77 and the CKS77X will have the same exact sound. AT changes things up for the better. As Jant was saying the CKS77 was one of their more popular Solid Bass earphones so they probably thought they could do one much better and AT gives us more reason to spend that cash.

 

At least the older CKS77 has some balance with that big bass the CKS55 was terrible. I can see how they can easily fix that one..The CKS55 has no clarity to speak of..


Edited by Dsnuts - 3/23/13 at 8:37pm
post #8396 of 27210
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Gee, two things. 1. Your percentage is going lower as well,  and 2. your percentage is now at zero lol! deadhorse.gif


Ah man I gotta get back in da good books! biggrin.gif

 

@ Mackem - What I meant to say was, these FXD70's are the shizz, even though I don't own them bad boys, they too hot for my ass. Wayne owns a pair I think, HE IS LOOKING TO SELL HIS FOR A KNOCKDOWN PRICE.

 

P.S - They will complete your life. The End.

 

(Disclaimer: this post may or may not be entirely made up.)

post #8397 of 27210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post


P.S - They will complete your life. The End.

 

(Disclaimer: this post may or may not be entirely made up.)

 

Sfwalcer out, Gee Simpson IN!!!!  Lol!

post #8398 of 27210
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoseven View Post

From what I heard with the FXD70 it had very little quantity of bass when I had them.. And they were fully burned in over hundreds of hours and the seal was correct.. So I don't know if I'd want to go down to the FXD70 from the ckn70 if you need at the least the amount that's on the ckn70's.. The correct fxd IEM in that case would be the FXD80.. Much more quantity and better bass.. Though neither of the fxd's do mids like the ckn's.. You'd have to stay within the ATH line to get that or maybe some of the sony offerings like the xb90ex

 

That was exactly how I felt about the fxd70's for a long time actually. But, I recently I slapped on the mh1c tips (which I could never figure out how to get on before lol), and then I was pretty amazed about the amount of bass, and also how the treble was nicely under control, but there was still a wonderful amount of detail. In short, they sound amazing in that configuration, and if it wasn't for the fit issues that I am having, I wouldn't even consider selling them.

 

p.s. oneseven out! wink.gif

post #8399 of 27210

Tip rolling is fine and all but there's just no way the fxd70's with any tip has near the amount of bass the ckn70's do even with their stock tips.. The tuning on the fxd70s just aren't meant to be bassy.. Just not a good recommendation to someone who needs at least the same amount of bass as the ckn70s have.. But who knows maybe they are bassy and I just never noticed for the month or so I had them because I didn't put mh1c tips on them lol =)

post #8400 of 27210
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Sfwalcer out, Gee Simpson IN!!!!  Lol!


This is what I like to see biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!