Originally Posted by rickdohc
S500? waiting for impressions
i am adicted to CNT
Some random initial impressions out of the box after a two hour three way between the XB90EX, MH1C and S500:
- both the XB90EX and the S500 sound more lively than the MH1C. Maybe I'm just too used to the sound of the MH1C but the other seem to have a tad more "sparkly" highs.
- bass is the name of the game. XB90EX is the winner but the S500 can hold it's own. before I had these two I thought the MH1Cs had a good amount of bass but the amount, clarity and texture of the other two is just ridiculous good
- staging of the XB90EX is my favorite between the three
- in comparison the S500 seem a bit veiled. is this something that changes with burn-in? also comfort with these is surprisingly good for on-ears. still considering the MH5 pad mod though.
- more after I got some much needed sleep and some more time with these...
some of the tracks used:
Nalepa - Monday (The Glitch Mob Remix)
mitch murder - airwolf (cover)
Christopher Tin - Baba yetu (Best Game Theme ever):
Beethovens Symphony No 9 - 4 (a.k.a Ode to joy) (Video only for reference, you should use a better version):
Edited by kwerdenker - 11/20/12 at 3:37pm