Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!! - Page 1809

post #27121 of 27134
Just recently got a marked down X1, they are nice sounding all right, now I'm curious as well what the improvements are on the X2.
post #27122 of 27134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

The nutman would be the one to ask. Thought Danny have owned both in the past as well. But ehhh wouldn't a comparo between the X1 and the new X2 make mo' sense since they are of a similar design/function???

Thanks - I'll hit them up for impressions. There may be an opportunity to trade my x1's for l2's. My first reaction was "Hell no! I love my X1's!". But I figure I should find out more about the L2's.
post #27123 of 27134
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post


Thanks - I'll hit them up for impressions. There may be an opportunity to trade my x1's for l2's. My first reaction was "Hell no! I love my X1's!". But I figure I should find out more about the L2's.


^

By "Hell no!" you actually meant by HELLZ YEAS take that 'ish from me ASAP cuz those new L2's are leagues better than those dusty X1's of yours then by all mean you are 100% correct.

 

From impressions so far the L2 seems much much better than that of the X1s is what i am getting, so not sure why you would be hesitant to trade for them if the opportunity arose.

 

I am still trying to get a great sounding set of fully open cans that does it all and not make me wanting. So far none that i have tired have really suffice my needs, the ATH AD900X came pretty close though as you already know. : P

post #27124 of 27134

And what does it all for sf? ;) 

 

I am really liking my Sony MA900; so far they are smooth and pretty balanced... With nice bass and non-sparkly, but still detailed/revealing treble. Plus the mids are forward, lush, and just amazing! They are really fun to play some COD4(07' throwback!) with as well!

post #27125 of 27134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap616 View Post
 

And what does it all for sf? ;) 

 

I am really liking my Sony MA900; so far they are smooth and pretty balanced... With nice bass and non-sparkly, but still detailed/revealing treble. Plus the mids are forward, lush, and just amazing! They are really fun to play some COD4(07' throwback!) with as well!


^

Welp tbh, i ain't even THAT picky. I just want something with a sound akin to the Ostry KC06 in that their soundstage needs to be grand without sounding too defused especially being a fully open set of cans. The soundstaging on both the Philip X1 and the HD598 were total disappointments for me in not only their height, but width as well cuz even some IEMs sound more spacious then them.

 

It also gots to have great bass depth and texture as well, and none of that boxy sounding thump thump bass even if it does go low enough. The AD900X's bass quantity as well as quality was surprising satisfying cuz it had some nice tightness, depth as well as texture to it while the bass of the X1 was one note and dull, and the HD598 were just anemic sounding. Fullness/lushness of the total sound has to be key as well, hence brings me to the forwardness of the mid range. If the mids ain't all ova' your face then it gots no place in my collection.  : P

 

Upper mids needs to be smooth yet lush so there will be little fatigue from long listening sessions and the same could be said for the treble extension and sparkle. This is where the Ostry KC06 does so well in and even best that of the VSonic gr07 BEs. Slight shimmery/ sparkle to it's treble extension without sounding overly bright or harsh.

 

If i can get a full size open set of cans like the KC06 but with better HD/3D mids and better bass depth/texture i will be a happy man. See i ain't even asking for THAT much since i am pretty damn happy with the sound of my cheapo IEMs. :tongue:

 

I HAVE A DREAM!!! :o2smile: 


Edited by sfwalcer - Today at 12:04 am
post #27126 of 27134

what does that dream have for a cost parameter?

post #27127 of 27134
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

what does that dream have for a cost parameter?


^

Welp since i got those KC06 for like $40, those dream open cans should cost no more than $200. But as i have already stated previously, the cans evolution is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww as hell and mofos wanna milk ya' REAL good for it so......

 

That's why IEMs is the way to go these days, cuz cans just CAN'T caught up.

 

Unless you are great at modding..........................

 

T50RPs...... Logan 90s, etc. ;)

post #27128 of 27134

I heard the HD558 a few times, and I thought they were slightly bass anemic sounding so I feel ya there. I wanted to try the X1, but comfort/heat build-up and knowledge that there is more expensive improved X2 drove me elsewhere. The comfort for me with headphones and IEMs plays a large factor.

The mids of the MA900 are boss like others have said. They steal the show, and with the low amount of ohms, for some reason I was expecting the cans to be sensitive, but I can crank these MA900s with their smooth treble! For EDM they rock even without much sparkle. The bass is better than I thought it was going to be in depth and control for an open headphone. While not besting my TTPOD T1-E in overall bass presentation, they beat my Yamaha HPH-200 in quality and tightness by a bit. MLE seems to like the X2 quite a bit all-around, so you might want to give them a go if they weren't slightly out of your price range with no discounts yet :P

 

Edit: I got them for around $170. You might give them a whirl and return them if you don't like them. I don't think they will have the sparkle and air from descriptions I've read of the KC06(that I have not tried) though...


Edited by Ap616 - Yesterday at 11:44 pm
post #27129 of 27134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap616 View Post
 

I heard the HD558 a few times, and I they were slightly bass anemic sounding so I feel ya there. I wanted to try the X1, but comfort/heat build-up and knowledge that there is more expensive improved X2 drove me elsewhere. The comfort for me with headphones and IEMs plays a large factor.

The mids of the MA900 are boss like others have said. They steal the show, and with the low amount of ohms, for some reason I was expecting the cans to be sensitive, but I can crank these MA900s with their smooth treble! For EDM they rock even without much sparkle. The bass is better than I thought it was going to be in depth and control for an open headphone. While not besting my TTPOD T1-E in overall bass presentation, they beat my Yamaha HPH-200 in quality and tightness by a bit. MLE seems to like the X2 quite a bit all-around, so you might want to give them a go if they weren't slightly out of your price range with no discounts yet :P


^

i still dunno about those X2's yet, cuz the lushness and forwardness of the mids of the X1's was utterly disappointing to say the least. It was recessed and lacked micro detailing/HD/3D ness so i was missing out on things that i can CLEARLY pick up on my gr07 BEs that i could not with the X1's. And those at the time being the most expensive set of audio gears i owned, they had to go if they are missing out on the nuances i am getting from cheaper IEMs.

 

If they don't totally best or have better nuance than what i currently own, they ain't got no place in my collection is my line of thinking, cuz i ain't into this hobby to collect but use and abuse them to my full enjoyment.  But man seems like i should have went with those open Sonys then from your description of them, their mids sounds SEXCEE as hell!!!:L3000:

 

: P

post #27130 of 27134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^

i still dunno about those X2's yet, cuz the lushness and forwardness of the mids of the X1's was utterly disappointing to say the least. It was recessed and lacked micro detailing/HD/3D ness so i was missing out on things that i can CLEARLY pick up on my gr07 BEs that i could not with the X1's. And those at the time being the most expensive set of audio gears i owned, they had to go if they are missing out on the nuances i am getting from cheaper IEMs.

 

If they don't totally best or have better nuance than what i currently own, they ain't got no place in my collection is my line of thinking, cuz i ain't into this hobby to collect but use and abuse them to my full enjoyment.  

The X2s, from impressions, are supposed the have better soundstage depth and sound more 3D from what I've read. Also, MLE and Baycode have mentioned loving their mids! But who knows really as I have neither owned nor heard the X1/2 to compare. I went with the Sony instead for "Ultimate Comfort" like it says on the box... Lolol. Buuut it seriously is pretty darn close to ultimate perfection comfort for me

 

 

"But man seems like i should have went with those open Sonys then from your description of them, their mids sounds SEXCEE as hell!!!:L3000:

 

: P"

 

Ya got that right! :rolleyes: 

post #27131 of 27134
Sf, we obviously listened to different x1's (even though I bought yours lol). I totally love them. I'll agree with you about the kc06/a's though! :-)
post #27132 of 27134
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Sf, we obviously listened to different x1's (even though I bought yours lol). I totally love them. I'll agree with you about the kc06/a's though! :-)


^

We all know by now that's you're an audio whore by now Masa' WAYNE so it doesn't really surprise me one bit. How are those MT300s working out for ya'??? :tongue:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dats low!!! :ph34r:
post #27133 of 27134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^

We all know by now that's you're an audio whore by now Masa' WAYNE so it doesn't really surprise me one bit. How are those MT300s working out for ya'??? :tongue:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dats low!!! :ph34r:

 

Ha ha. I bet though if you listened to the x1's with your current equipment, you'd think quite a bit differently of them (and I'm talking the X1's, because nothing can make the mt300's sound better than they already sound lol!)

post #27134 of 27134
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Ha ha. I bet though if you listened to the x1's with your current equipment, you'd think quite a bit differently of them (and I'm talking the X1's, because nothing can make the mt300's sound better than they already sound lol!)


^

Sure thing, you can send yours ova' then. : P

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i am even game with those godly 300's. :triportsad:

 

REDUX BABY!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!