Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!! - Page 1634

post #24496 of 27117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 


Don't know anyone with both phones but I do own the Doppios and the IM03. Doppios are neutral and very detailed earphones. And they need a synergistic factor when using sources to bring out their best. Geek Out and my DX90 both sound amazing using the Doppios..Very low impedance out is the key here.. I think the IM02 will have a very similar sound tuning to the Doppios as they share some similarities to my IM03.  

 

The IM03 takes the sound of the Doppios and adds more bass end more fullness more layering more smoothness. Doppios are one of the most revealing sounds I know. It can be heard completely wrong of not using the right tips or simply by not even bother burning them in.. They do require burn in for the bass end to fully realize. I like both of these earphones a lot but value wise it will be the Doppios as they cost less than $130 right now sold on Amazon.

 

IM03 is a direct upgrade to my Doppios as it is a more complete sounding earphone but sonics wise it is not double the value of the Doppios. I suspect the IM02 will be very similar in that regard.. I think you will be fine with either one. The Doppios or the IM02. Both of them will have a very similar sound tuning.

 

I do suspect that the IM02 has a bit more forward mid range vs the Doppios,which sound pretty much flat from lower treble to sub bass. But that is just a guess as my IM03 has a slightly forward mid range I read the IM02 does as well.

 

Interesting impressions Ds. What I've found - in general - too is that BA earphones tend to do better with tips that have a smaller diameter in its bore. The Heaven V might be the one exception (and TF10). But the W4, SE535, SE530, and BA200 all performed best this way to my ears. So the Heaven V come with tips with both wide and narrow bores. This morning I decided to give the magical FX850 a break and take the Doppio to work with me. I decided to the V large narrow bore tips on it and WOW! Perfect fit with excellent sub bass that doesn't obscure the wonderful transparency and clarity of the Doppio. I will hear the Tenore soon, but it's hard to believe it can outperform this Doppio. This may be the best dual BA earphone I've ever heard. It's amazing because I heard no bass for the first week of owning this BA earphone. It truly needed burn-in. Burn-in works. Too bad some of you non-believers won't even try it. 

post #24497 of 27117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

Interesting impressions Ds. What I've found - in general - too is that BA earphones tend to do better with tips that have a smaller diameter in its bore. The Heaven V might be the one exception (and TF10). But the W4, SE535, SE530, and BA200 all performed best this way to my ears. So the Heaven V come with tips with both wide and narrow bores. This morning I decided to give the magical FX850 a break and take the Doppio to work with me. I decided to the V large narrow bore tips on it and WOW! Perfect fit with excellent sub bass that doesn't obscure the wonderful transparency and clarity of the Doppio. I will hear the Tenore soon, but it's hard to believe it can outperform this Doppio. This may be the best dual BA earphone I've ever heard. It's amazing because I heard no bass for the first week of owning this BA earphone. It truly needed burn-in. Burn-in works. Too bad some of you non-believers won't even try it. 

I love the Tenore so I will try the Doppio when it hits $100 used or Singolo when it hits $75 used.  :D

post #24498 of 27117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

Interesting impressions Ds. What I've found - in general - too is that BA earphones tend to do better with tips that have a smaller diameter in its bore. The Heaven V might be the one exception (and TF10). But the W4, SE535, SE530, and BA200 all performed best this way to my ears. So the Heaven V come with tips with both wide and narrow bores. This morning I decided to give the magical FX850 a break and take the Doppio to work with me. I decided to the V large narrow bore tips on it and WOW! Perfect fit with excellent sub bass that doesn't obscure the wonderful transparency and clarity of the Doppio. I will hear the Tenore soon, but it's hard to believe it can outperform this Doppio. This may be the best dual BA earphone I've ever heard. It's amazing because I heard no bass for the first week of owning this BA earphone. It truly needed burn-in. Burn-in works. Too bad some of you non-believers won't even try it. 

amen on doppios. tenors are not in the same league, but worthy at their price range and for pure vocal silkiness. i burned mine in  for 400 hrs!! thats when they started singing....im a believer...would you still order the fx850s if you didn't have them yet ericp10?

post #24499 of 27117

Dr. Blue, I am trying to decide between the tenores and doppios.  I commute to work by train (BART) and need IEMs that isolate well.  Of the two, does one isolate better than the other?  How is the isolation in general with the Zero Audios?  Thanks!

post #24500 of 27117
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

amen on doppios. tenors are not in the same league, but worthy at their price range and for pure vocal silkiness. i burned mine in  for 400 hrs!! thats when they started singing....im a believer...would you still order the fx850s if you didn't have them yet ericp10?

 

 

Most definitely, drbluenewmexico. The FX850 is my favorite universal right now (even more so than the H3, Cardas, V and TE-05).

post #24501 of 27117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

Most definitely, drbluenewmexico. The FX850 is my favorite universal right now (even more so than the H3, Cardas, V and TE-05).

Thanks for the enthusiastic response ericp10!  i will save up for a set for my birthday....unless i plunge into the Pandora Hope VI......

post #24502 of 27117
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_monkey View Post
 

Dr. Blue, I am trying to decide between the tenores and doppios.  I commute to work by train (BART) and need IEMs that isolate well.  Of the two, does one isolate better than the other?  How is the isolation in general with the Zero Audios?  Thanks!

The Doppio is bigger than the Tenores and more powerful.  so it isolates a bit better and gives you more sound input. however, BOTH have a great fit into the inner ear canel and do a great job of passive isolation compared to ear buds or larger iems like the Onkyos or Fidelio S1 or KEFs...and all of zero audio's products are well tuned.  the Tenores are more musical within the midrange and the Doppios are more neutral and flat FR, with more texture and detail. Both are remarkable bargains and both need 200 or more burn in hours. Doppios are more reference level but Tenores more fun.  For Bart, probably Doppios would make the ambient noise disappear more.

post #24503 of 27117

Great response.  I think that I will go ahead get the Doppios.  Cheers!  :etysmile:

post #24504 of 27117
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_monkey View Post

 
Dr. Blue, I am trying to decide between the tenores and doppios.  I commute to work by train (BART) and need IEMs that isolate well.  Of the two, does one isolate better than the other?  How is the isolation in general with the Zero Audios?  Thanks!
The Doppio is bigger than the Tenores and more powerful.  so it isolates a bit better and gives you more sound input. however, BOTH have a great fit into the inner ear canel and do a great job of passive isolation compared to ear buds or larger iems like the Onkyos or Fidelio S1 or KEFs...and all of zero audio's products are well tuned.  the Tenores are more musical within the midrange and the Doppios are more neutral and flat FR, with more texture and detail. Both are remarkable bargains and both need 200 or more burn in hours. Doppios are more reference level but Tenores more fun.  For Bart, probably Doppios would make the ambient noise disappear more.

1+, both shaped fairly similarly, straight tube with no funny chambers or other things, I find these tend to isolate best for me. Probably pretty similar...I find the Tenores to be the soundstage king, wide as can be, but like most of the other parts of the sound better on the Doppios. The Tenores are much cheaper, no embarassment for them to not be up to the Doppios in all ways.

On another subject-I'm just a Geek/Light Harmonic whore. They just "rebooted" the Geek Wave, have changed it to a stand alone DAP with many options in terms of internal memory, top of the line being a fully balanced version! Of course, I went for the fully balanced version tongue.gif
Now, as with all other orders from Light Harmonic, it's time to wait.....
(what the heck, it's almost my birthday, maybe another treat is in store, though i've been buying myself birthday presents almost non stop since my last birthday, lol)
post #24505 of 27117
(by strange coincidence, this corresponds with my discovery of Head Fi, particularly this thread and the various incarnations of the Deals Thread.....)wink_face.gif
post #24506 of 27117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 


Don't know anyone with both phones but I do own the Doppios and the IM03. Doppios are neutral and very detailed earphones. And they need a synergistic factor when using sources to bring out their best. Geek Out and my DX90 both sound amazing using the Doppios..Very low impedance out is the key here.. I think the IM02 will have a very similar sound tuning to the Doppios as they share some similarities to my IM03.  

 

From your description, the Doppio seems to sounds similar to IM02.  Yes, the low output impedance amp is the key for IM02 to sounds best.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHeadMara View Post


Thanks a lot Dsnuts for your reply I've been using Doppios for a few months now and I really love them but I am thinking about getting IM02 so I'd like to know the sonically difference or similarities between them.

I've been thinking about an upgrade for quite a while but I can not decide which phone I should get, FX850 which I think they are a direct upgrade to my TE-05, IM03 which is according to your impression they are a direct upgrade to Doppios, or FAD Heaven V which I heard a lot of good things about them.

 

Waiting for your comparison of the Doppio vs. IM02 :)

 

My friend went to Japan recently and helped me to buy the Tenore from a local shop... only USD 35.- there... now waiting for it :)

post #24507 of 27117
Posting a pretty jazz take on McCartney
post #24508 of 27117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Interesting impressions Ds. What I've found - in general - too is that BA earphones tend to do better with tips that have a smaller diameter in its bore. The Heaven V might be the one exception (and TF10). But the W4, SE535, SE530, and BA200 all performed best this way to my ears. So the Heaven V come with tips with both wide and narrow bores. This morning I decided to give the magical FX850 a break and take the Doppio to work with me. I decided to the V large narrow bore tips on it and WOW! Perfect fit with excellent sub bass that doesn't obscure the wonderful transparency and clarity of the Doppio. I will hear the Tenore soon, but it's hard to believe it can outperform this Doppio. This may be the best dual BA earphone I've ever heard. It's amazing because I heard no bass for the first week of owning this BA earphone. It truly needed burn-in. Burn-in works. Too bad some of you non-believers won't even try it. 
I put the V narrow tips on the Doppio tonight and I'll be sticking with these tips. Nice Eric!
post #24509 of 27117
OK, took a bunch of iems to compare at the computer, HI-Rez Dead, put the Earsonic 64 1st, didn't do it for me (don't get these yet...), next JVC 850 (using GO1K), end of comparisons, another night stuck at the computer with these fabulous sounding things in my ears, life is tough...
post #24510 of 27117
Another headphone I don't think I REALLY heard before the GO 1K (the JVC Woodies, that is.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!