Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!! - Page 1469

post #22021 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Our good buddy Ericp will tell you.. He sold off his DN-1Ks. Says he don't listen to them as much as his H3. DN-1Ks for the price seem to be a solid choice but for guys that want to hear one of Sony's nicest sounding earphones. The H3 are it.


Believe me if you guys heard what these H3s sounds like through my ICON or 2 step. It will put a smile on your face from ear to ear. They sound great through the X3 or DX50 but the H3s love juice.. 

 

Oh and I think Ericp and Danny will agree..The H3 need some solid burn time. The bass become completely tight opening up what is a finely tuned mid section of the H3... No tape mod needed.

 

 

X2    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  What he said!!! I agree. :beerchug:

post #22022 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ SPEAKING OF NOT READING!!!

i already posted this like 2 days ago meng. rolleyes.gif

^ DAT ETHER!!! cool.gif
I am going to have to quote a great person on this...

G44
You should stop pretending and step up to... (Click to show)
Some real tubez!


:P But thanks! Still no word on the HD700s but the supposed shipping time frame is Feb 19-20th. So I wait! biggrin.gif
Edited by MrEleventy - 2/17/14 at 7:21am
post #22023 of 27236

The Fostex TE-05. I don't think I ever really known what reference sound is suppose to sound like. I always thought it was something like the RE-400 or  HF5 (bother have glorious mids and treble, but severely lacking on bass). Well, the Fostex is a different beast. Yes, the mids are nice (not too forward or richly thick like the V, but not thin either), treble is just short of being harsh to my ears (great extension), and it has bass. I mean bass you can feel. Not basshead levels, and the bass is not always sticking its head out depending on the recording, but usually it is. And that makes the Fostex a very special earphone to me. thickness of the sound is somewhere in between the GR-7/Doppios and IM70 (leaning toward more thick than lean in sound). 

 

 

IM70s is still the thickest sound I've heard in a in dual dynamic, and the bass has settled down marvelously! It's still a strong mids iem with great bass and highs. The V is more lusher, richer, refined, and thick in the mids than the IM70, but with less bass and less highs. I've stated earlier that it's what I dreamed the RE-262 or RE-400 sounded like, because it definitely has that bass kick I like (although it is less than the IM70). I can't add anything more to the H3 than what Ds already stated. 

 

 

So my earphone rotation now is mainly H3, TE-05, IM70 and V (depending on my mood). I do get the DN-900, AX30, and AX35 in somewhat, but now a lot. I'm talking about universal earphone rotation.

At home, however, I do the AS-2 quite a bit and V6. And I also get my headphones some good time over the weekend, especially the HP50, On1, and X1. The TE-05 is with me today at work. I think I have all sound sigs covered that I really like. Fighting hard, however, not to buy the FX850 (never heard a better timbre than that all wood driver earphone). This may be a losing battle. :-(

post #22024 of 27236
Great write up Eric.

Which of the im70 and the te-05 would you say compliment ax35 and the Gratitude's best, or are they to different to pick one?
post #22025 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

The Fostex TE-05. I don't think I ever really known what reference sound is suppose to sound like. I always thought it was something like the RE-400 or  HF5 (bother have glorious mids and treble, but severely lacking on bass). Well, the Fostex is a different beast. Yes, the mids are nice (not too forward or richly thick like the V, but not thin either), treble is just short of being harsh to my ears (great extension), and it has bass. I mean bass you can feel. Not basshead levels, and the bass is not always sticking its head out depending on the recording, but usually it is. And that makes the Fostex a very special earphone to me. thickness of the sound is somewhere in between the GR-7/Doppios and IM70 (leaning toward more thick than lean in sound). 


IM70s is still the thickest sound I've heard in a in dual dynamic, and the bass has settled down marvelously! It's still a strong mids iem with great bass and highs. The V is more lusher, richer, refined, and thick in the mids than the IM70, but with less bass and less highs. I've stated earlier that it's what I dreamed the RE-262 or RE-400 sounded like, because it definitely has that bass kick I like (although it is less than the IM70). I can't add anything more to the H3 than what Ds already stated. 


So my earphone rotation now is mainly H3, TE-05, IM70 and V (depending on my mood). I do get the DN-900, AX30, and AX35 in somewhat, but now a lot. I'm talking about universal earphone rotation.


At home, however, I do the AS-2 quite a bit and V6. And I also get my headphones some good time over the weekend, especially the HP50, On1, and X1. The TE-05 is with me today at work. I think I have all sound sigs covered that I really like. Fighting hard, however, not to buy the FX850 (never heard a better timbre than that all wood driver earphone). This may be a losing battle. :-(
In regards to "reference sound", I quote Curra LINK. Just go with whatever sounds the most natural and "right" to you. Make that your ref point and judge all others from there. Just my .02. smily_headphones1.gif
post #22026 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

The Fostex TE-05. I don't think I ever really known what reference sound is suppose to sound like. I always thought it was something like the RE-400 or  HF5 (bother have glorious mids and treble, but severely lacking on bass). Well, the Fostex is a different beast. Yes, the mids are nice (not too forward or richly thick like the V, but not thin either), treble is just short of being harsh to my ears (great extension), and it has bass. I mean bass you can feel. Not basshead levels, and the bass is not always sticking its head out depending on the recording, but usually it is. And that makes the Fostex a very special earphone to me. thickness of the sound is somewhere in between the GR-7/Doppios and IM70 (leaning toward more thick than lean in sound). 

 

 

IM70s is still the thickest sound I've heard in a in dual dynamic, and the bass has settled down marvelously! It's still a strong mids iem with great bass and highs. The V is more lusher, richer, refined, and thick in the mids than the IM70, but with less bass and less highs. I've stated earlier that it's what I dreamed the RE-262 or RE-400 sounded like, because it definitely has that bass kick I like (although it is less than the IM70). I can't add anything more to the H3 than what Ds already stated. 

 

 

So my earphone rotation now is mainly H3, TE-05, IM70 and V (depending on my mood). I do get the DN-900, AX30, and AX35 in somewhat, but now a lot. I'm talking about universal earphone rotation.

At home, however, I do the AS-2 quite a bit and V6. And I also get my headphones some good time over the weekend, especially the HP50, On1, and X1. The TE-05 is with me today at work. I think I have all sound sigs covered that I really like. Fighting hard, however, not to buy the FX850 (never heard a better timbre than that all wood driver earphone). This may be a losing battle. :-(

 

How's the speed on them there TE-05's, Eric, compared to the Doppios, IM70, and V?:smile:

 

Great treble extension is good but what about the bass extension now that you have some hours on them?

post #22027 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 

 

How's the speed on them there TE-05's, Eric, compared to the Doppios, IM70, and V?:smile:

 

Great treble extension is good but what about the bass extension now that you have some hours on them?

 

Speed is great on the TE-05. As mochill stated last week, it's like a hybrid sound Bass extension is also great. The bass goes low. Very low and deep when called for.

post #22028 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

Great write up Eric.

Which of the im70 and the te-05 would you say compliment ax35 and the Gratitude's best, or are they to different to pick one?

 

 

I never heard the Gratitude. And to be honest peter123, I don't know if I can answer the question. The three sound so different from each other. I think the AX35 is the most neutral of the three, and the bass doesn't extend in the AX35 as it does in the TE-05.

post #22029 of 27236
Thanks Eric, I was afraid that would be the answer;) The TE-05's are really intriguing though.
post #22030 of 27236
Te05 is much better to my ears then the gratitude which I have ...much more refined and cleaner sounding and more deeper bass extension and cleaner midrange and treble is extended and beautifully sparkly the soundstage is wider and deeper 😎
post #22031 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

I never heard the Gratitude. And to be honest peter123, I don't know if I can answer the question. The three sound so different from each other. I think the AX35 is the most neutral of the three, and the bass doesn't extend in the AX35 as it does in the TE-05.

how less neutral is the TE-05?

post #22032 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
 

how less neutral is the TE-05?

 

 

Compared to the AX35? Hmm? It's quite noticeable to my ears. As mochill says, the Fostex is more natural than neutral. The AX35 is meant to be neutral and detailed. That it is. I'm not sure if it has more detailing than the TE-05. I don't think it does, or both are close. But I haven't listened to the AX35 for awhile.

post #22033 of 27236

So guys, how would you describe the sound signature of the TE05? Neutral from mids to high with boosted bass?

Really curious...

post #22034 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

Compared to the AX35? Hmm? It's quite noticeable to my ears. As mochill says, the Fostex is more natural than neutral. The AX35 is meant to be neutral and detailed. That it is. I'm not sure if it has more detailing than the TE-05. I don't think it does, or both are close. But I haven't listened to the AX35 for awhile.

 

Natural. Neutral. Nothing beats my CKS1000's for either!  :ph34r:

post #22035 of 27236
I see the te 05 is about to go "local"... Headphone.com had them listed $150, available 2-4 weeks,, can request email notification. B&H will allow you to pre-order at same price, shipping, don't specify arrival. If not in a big rush at this point, may be the way to go.
Edited by doctorjazz - 2/17/14 at 4:30pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!