Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!! - Page 1112

post #16666 of 27099
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Likelihood is that 50 "better" headphones will grace this thread by then, just hold on to your seat.... :-D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

lol, yeah, this thread moves so fast. Which is why I tend to take breaks from it because I know I will suffer the same fate as the rest of you if I stick around (i.e. expecto spend moneyo).
post #16667 of 27099

Yeah, probably should take some breaks as well, get a chance to actually listen to all this stuff before reading about the next thing I must have...

post #16668 of 27099

(the Deals Thread is no big help either...)

post #16669 of 27099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

Not a discover per say, but Fiio's E17 is on sale for $96.99 + $2.78 shipping. So under $100 by like .20 cents.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
(Whoops forgot the link: https://www.m*ssdr*p.com/buy/fiioe17-portable-amp-dac?)  <----- bad bad bad lol!

 

You're gonna get in trouble! Na na na na na!

post #16670 of 27099
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

Not a discover per say, but Fiio's E17 is on sale for $96.99 + $2.78 shipping. So under $100 by like .20 cents.

You're gonna get in trouble! Na na na na na!

Hmm, I've edited it out now. I didn't think it should be considered a group buy anymore because it is definitely going to be that price, but I went ahead and removed it just in case.
Edited by Vain III - 11/14/13 at 7:11pm
post #16671 of 27099

Just got my Brainwavz Deltas in today. Awesome in ear for $20 indeed.

 

Lots of good under $100 sets lately. The Gratitudes, VSD1LE, and now these are some of my new favorites.


Edited by bhazard - 11/14/13 at 7:33pm
post #16672 of 27099

LG Quadbeat 2 VS Sony MH1 Livesound Comparison is posted: http://www.head-fi.org/t/686412/lg-quadbeat-2-appreciation-thread/240#post_9980458

post #16673 of 27099

You know what I've discovered?? I've discovered I need to keep the heck away from this forum! I decided to make a list of the headphones I've bought in the last couple of months...

 

Kef M500

Beyerdynamic DT-660

Superlux HD-681 EVO

Panasonic HT480C

Koss DJ100

V-Moda M-80

AT WS55X

AT ES700

JVC HA-S660

Pioneer HDJ1500

Monster Gratitude

Brainwavz Delta

AKG K545

Takstar HD5500 (in transit)

UE6000 (delivering today)

 

I've probably forgotten something too. This place is eeeevil! That's not counting the X3, O2 or Geek Pulse either.


Edited by jwong - 11/15/13 at 6:38am
post #16674 of 27099
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post
 

You know what I've discovered?? I've discovered I need to keep the heck away from this forum! I decided to make a list of the headphones I've bought in the last couple of months...

 

Kef M500

Beyerdynamic DT-660

Superlux HD-681 EVO

Panasonic HT480C

Koss DJ100

V-Moda M-80

AT WS55X

AT ES700

JVC HA-S660

Pioneer HDJ1500

Monster Gratitude

Brainwavz Delta

AKG K545

Takstar HD5500 (in transit)

UE6000 (delivering today)

 

I've probably forgotten something too. This place is eeeevil! That's not counting the X3, O2 or Geek Pulse either.

Can you tell me how the ES700, WS55X, Beyerdybamic, and Gratitudes compare? I know it's a lot to ask, but I have the Gratitudes and I've been considering all those headphones. If you could throw the AKGs in the comparison that would be great as well.

post #16675 of 27099

Make sure you get the new model of the L!, cause that is what DS is raving about from the RM audio show...the old ones were good but the new model is the breakthrough discovery......im still burning in my X!s, my zu cable just came today.  i am burning that in to compare it with the

ebay silver cable that I've been listening to the X1.on.  the ebay cable (no name) is very good, but I'm a big believer in the zu cable metallurgy magic of Sean Casey....i use their cables in high end audio systems to great magic audio satisfaction!  also let me note here first listening tests

of VSD1 LE highly encouraging.  very different from the VSD1, deeper insertion, more instrument separation and flow.  sound a bit thinner and makes me turn them up more..but they do satisfy.....a serious discovery worthy phone.....look forward to the new L! reviews.......

and although not a discovery to forum members, I'm delighted with my new ES700 experience very very delightful sound, and balance of bass, kids and trebles,  makes me start moving with the music...a steal for about 100$ used...makes me want to explore higher end ATH phones such as the A900X...but I'm waiting on comparison of the A900X and the new Yamahas from DSnuts.....

 

,


Edited by drbluenewmexico - 11/15/13 at 7:27am
post #16676 of 27099
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post
 

Can you tell me how the ES700, WS55X, Beyerdybamic, and Gratitudes compare? I know it's a lot to ask, but I have the Gratitudes and I've been considering all those headphones. If you could throw the AKGs in the comparison that would be great as well.

 

I didn't have those all at the same time, but I'll give a few impressions.

 

The Beyers are the outliers on that list, being very bright midrange-heavy headphones. Clear, detailed and fantastic for classical, but IMO not very good for a lot of other genres. They worked well for some rock songs too, but a lot of stuff sounded anemic through them. Definitely not an all-purpose headphone.

 

The WS55X was the other end of the spectrum. Bassy, somewhat muddy. Even the bass seemed diffuse and sloppy. I didn't care for these at all. The ES700 was much better. I may be off base here because it's been a while, but I think these might be the most comparable to the Gratitudes signature. Crisp, decent bass, nice upper range. I found them too uncomfortable to keep, but they were nice.

 

The AKGs are what I'm currently enamored with. It's only the second day, and they're on my head right now. I consider these superior in pretty much every regard. Wider soundstage (unsurprising compared to an IEM), much better separation, more natural sounding. I like my Gratitudes, but it's not close.

post #16677 of 27099
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post

I didn't have those all at the same time, but I'll give a few impressions.

The Beyers are the outliers on that list, being very bright midrange-heavy headphones. Clear, detailed and fantastic for classical, but IMO not very good for a lot of other genres. They worked well for some rock songs too, but a lot of stuff sounded anemic through them. Definitely not an all-purpose headphone.

The WS55X was the other end of the spectrum. Bassy, somewhat muddy. Even the bass seemed diffuse and sloppy. I didn't care for these at all. The ES700 was much better. I may be off base here because it's been a while, but I think these might be the most comparable to the Gratitudes signature. Crisp, decent bass, nice upper range. I found them too uncomfortable to keep, but they were nice.

The AKGs are what I'm currently enamored with. It's only the second day, and they're on my head right now. I consider these superior in pretty much every regard. Wider soundstage (unsurprising compared to an IEM), much better separation, more natural sounding. I like my Gratitudes, but it's not close.
The Gratitudes are definitely my favorite phones right now. I've been really curious about AKG, but I prefer a more U shaped signature like the Gratitudes. I listen primarily to metal as well.
post #16678 of 27099

I like them as well. The Gratitudes are what I'm keeping as my only pair of IEMs. I'm not a big metal guy, but I like a lot of the female-fronted symphonic stuff, like Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, etc.

post #16679 of 27099
Deleted (incorrect info).

Edited by waynes world - 11/15/13 at 10:10am
post #16680 of 27099

That link shows the K550, not the K545.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!