Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!! - Page 1034

post #15496 of 27055
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

My 1KS continue to burn in, up to about 200 hours, so i am sneeking a peek at the sq with my new DX50.

I am blown away, its a unique and tremendously synergistic experience.  Basshead music never sounded so

good on any system except live shows.  all of the research DS put into synerthy exporations really paid off.

I could retire a happy man from this thread and listen to this one for years.  haven't even put an Ray Samuels

amp on the combo or E12 on it, but thats next and surely will control the bass even more.  Dont believe anything

said that the 1K is artificial sounding until you hear it with a DX50.  ITS A MATCH MADE IN AUDIO HEAVEN!

WOW!!!!!!  

let the burn in continue and the amp experiments commence!

rock on :beerchug:

post #15497 of 27055

This little sound card has turned these unknown headphones into a dimond in the rough for me. I've never been so happy with sound something so simple and neglected for most of my life. I've cried I've laughed and smiled listening to every song over again to the point i felt overwhelmed with how awesome these things turned out to be. I think i might just have found my little slice of heaven and honestly dont wish to find different gear. Instead of going on searching and reading for something more i listen to the joy i already have. In all honesty if it wasnt for the spirit and the good willed people of this thread i would have never taken a chance on something unknown and im so glade i did. Id just like to say thanks from the bottom of my very soul to everyone who has contributed to this amazing thread.

 

if its anything in this thread has shown me its to never be afraid to take a chance and discover

post #15498 of 27055

Yeah, I already bit on the X3, but figure the X5 will be of interest when it is released. The A & K stuff also appeals, but, boy, it costs big (especially the 120). I really have gotten to like the AT 1K's, (sounding like a broken record here) once I got a good fit with Complys...they work with the x3 line out to a good amp as well. Probably should be happy with the X3/National combination, stop trying/buying/posting and live happily ever after...

Nah

post #15499 of 27055

hah at least you have a pretty nice set up going. I currently own no nice earphones because I phased out the onkyo ie hf300's in favor of the kef m500, but then with the kef m500 the htc one/ e11 only sounds mediocre with that which is why I've been looking into dx50. But those dx50s coming with a seemingly decent/good earphone is nice too, though I might just wait for the hifiman hm700 to come out. I really don't have the budget for a $400ish x5 so that's not going to happen

post #15500 of 27055

 

and yet, another hybrid, Maxell DBA900

http://www.maxell.co.jp/jpn/news/2013/news131009.html


Edited by Zelda - 10/15/13 at 6:07pm
post #15501 of 27055
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteebin View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

They fit everyone but me, again. Let me tell what my problems with it are, someone out there will likely have a similar problem. They look small in the picture, and, in fact they are small. The part you don't see, with the tip, is small indeed. So small, I find it difficult to get a seal in the ear canal, and the round outer chamber doesn't allow you to push it in any more. Wide tips help some, Complys help some, still not completely comfortable for me (I'm in a minority here for sure, but, could be someone else who feels the same). They are nice when a good seal is acheived (lots of comments on that in the thread). I may have to go back to Ety's...along with the Tenores, the easiest fit for me. (found them unreliable, though, just died on me...also hate the filters).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/675848/new-rha-iems-the-ma750i-and-ma600i/180#post_9887692

Dr Jazz, it seems the RHA Team has responded to someone who was also having fit issues (post #183) on the MA750. Maybe you could also contact them to see if they can help you with yours. I think it's good their support team scours the forum and steps in when someone isn't getting the best experience with their products.

EDIT: I was going back through previous posts to see if it was the MA750 you were having issues with but it might be another IEM. So, if that's the case please disregard. But for others who cannot get a comfortable seal with MA750, check out the thread I linked and contact the RHA support team to see if they can help.

It is nice that they are noting people posting problems with fit...I emailed them, got a response today. Basically, the response was, "get Comply tips". Not really all that helpful, as they include some with the headphones, and I have already tried some I have on hand. Oh well....

post #15502 of 27055
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post
 

Yeah, I already bit on the X3, but figure the X5 will be of interest when it is released. The A & K stuff also appeals, but, boy, it costs big (especially the 120). I really have gotten to like the AT 1K's, (sounding like a broken record here) once I got a good fit with Complys...they work with the x3 line out to a good amp as well. Probably should be happy with the X3/National combination, stop trying/buying/posting and live happily ever after...

Nah

 

It's hard not to get into them doc. They are quite amazing imo.


Edited by waynes world - 10/15/13 at 6:41pm
post #15503 of 27055

Having both the X3 and the DX50 i am glad to have the option of such different sounding DAP.

DSnuts analysis of warm vs neutral sound interacting with different headphones, iems, was spot on.

If you like the 1K audio technica sound (which i find mezmerizing and a one of a kind vortex of

energetic sound) the mix with the DX50 is worth the investment in the DX50 just to hear the synergy of

them together.  its way more than sum of the individual sound characteristics.  it brings both of them alive!

its not an overkill investment in just another dap, its taking the 1Ks to a whole new level of sound and performance!!!!  that X3 has its own true love in the Fidelio X1s, and onkyos, etc and is a worthy colleague.  The R2s seem to be be adaptive to both for peak performance.  But the 1Ks are such a

unique buzzersaw of active energy and smoothness that getting the DX50 to bring out their best was worth every penny!!!

post #15504 of 27055
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

The Cardas I meant is the Cardas mini to mini interconnect, not too expensive on Amazon. The iem is on my wish list, one of these days.
The BTG cable was what I was using between the X3 and the ALO National, it was really nice, but the Cardas has supplanted wit.

What a shoot out, Dallas vs Denver, who'd a thunk...looks like it might be over, though.

 

I ended up snagging the cardas hpi 6" interconnect for my C3 --> BH, and a cardas hpi 18" interconnect for my desktop rig (HifimeDIY sabre dac --> E12) based on your and nick's recommendations. It helps that they are priced well. :)

post #15505 of 27055
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

Having both the X3 and the DX50 i am glad to have the option of such different sounding DAP.

DSnuts analysis of warm vs neutral sound interacting with different headphones, iems, was spot on.

If you like the 1K audio technica sound (which i find mezmerizing and a one of a kind vortex of

energetic sound) the mix with the DX50 is worth the investment in the DX50 just to hear the synergy of

them together.  its way more than sum of the individual sound characteristics.  it brings both of them alive!

its not an overkill investment in just another dap, its taking the 1Ks to a whole new level of sound and performance!!!!  that X3 has its own true love in the Fidelio X1s, and onkyos, etc and is a worthy colleague.  The R2s seem to be be adaptive to both for peak performance.  But the 1Ks are such a

unique buzzersaw of active energy and smoothness that getting the DX50 to bring out their best was worth every penny!!!

 

Whoa!  That's some fairly potent dx50 (and 1k!) hype you're flinging around there drblue! I feel the same way with the 1K's off of my C3/BH combo, but it sure would be nice to hear them off of the dx50. Maybe some day!

post #15506 of 27055
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post
 

So it's not a headphone discovery, but today I discovered an instrument that blows my mind called the Hang and I've been looking for music made with it.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

And here are two hanghang being played along with other instruments.


I... really want... more than one. What an incredible instrument.

 

Those are very cool. Excellent videos/songs and talent shown as well!

post #15507 of 27055
Does anyone know if the ES700s sound anything like the CKN70s?
post #15508 of 27055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
 

 

and yet, another hybrid, Maxell DBA900

http://www.maxell.co.jp/jpn/news/2013/news131009.html

 

I have their DBA700 which was single-BA and dynamic, and if that sound is anything to go buy, don't bother with these...

post #15509 of 27055
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

Does anyone know if the ES700s sound anything like the CKN70s?


From memory the CKN70 is a lot more peaky in the treble regions, hence harsh/ sibilant highs is pretty problematic as many have noted. The CKN70s has more emphasis on the treble while the ES700s is more mid centric. I would say the ES700s has a better balance overall not just because it is non sibilant, but the bass and treble extension/ quality/ quantity is pretty close to the mids.

 

The mids on the ES700s is one of the most sweet and lush sounding i have heard in any iem or headphone so far, so combined with a pretty well extended yet smooth treble along with a nice low reaching yet tight bass end gives them a really intricate, yet engaging sound. For me the ES700s are more refined and better sounding than the CKN70s in every single way.

post #15510 of 27055
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


From memory the CKN70 is a lot more peaky in the treble regions, hence harsh/ sibilant highs is pretty problematic as many have noted. The CKN70s has more emphasis on the treble while the ES700s is more mid centric. I would say the ES700s has a better balance overall not just because it is non sibilant, but the bass and treble extension/ quality/ quantity is pretty close to the mids.

 

The mids on the ES700s is one of the most sweet and lush sounding i have heard in any iem or headphone so far, so combined with a pretty well extended yet smooth treble along with a nice low reaching yet tight bass end gives them a really intricate, yet engaging sound. For me the ES700s are more refined and better sounding than the CKN70s in every single way.

Well, I've found that I like my AD900X better than my CKN70s which should be a given. Now, I prefer the sound signature of my CKN70s to the AD900Xs, but the AD900Xs sound much more refined because of the price difference and open back. I like the CKN70s because they are more colored, have a good amount of mid bass, and they are bright with very crunchy guitars. I'm trying to find something that is similar to the CKN70s, but more refined.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!