Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!! - Page 880

post #13186 of 27139
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gavn8r/geek-a-new-usb-awesomifier-for-headphones

Okay, so it's not technically a discovery since it hasn't been released yet, but I do think it's worthwhile to share considering the early-adopter savings and general interest it has garnered.

Quick overview of the GEEK: it's a USB DAC that uses the TI PCM1795 which is 32-bit and 192khz. I'm not sure if the USB implementation allows the full 32 bits, but guess we'll see. Designed by Gavin Fish from Light Harmonic who are responsible for the expensive Da Vinci DAC. A nice feature is that it has two output jacks so music can be shared. The output is amplified and there are physical volume buttons. There's also something they've called the "3D Awesomifier" which is a rather lame term, but it might be cool. I usually don't dig these artificial space-creating effects, but perhaps it'll be implemented nicely by this lot. Final enclosure will be made out of aluminum, so some nice physical quality. It's also going to be made in the USA, which isn't a big thing for me but I know that means something to a lot of Americans.

I jumped on the deal when I saw a $119 spot open up. I don't know how that happened - if someone backed out or if there was a glitch in the system, but I was pretty pleased... And now I'm pretty horrified that I was so impulsive... maybe I'll have to find out if there's a way to back out if I don't get some work soon; the film industry is so frustrating when it comes to actually doing things on schedule. So... Anyone on Head-Fi need some art or animation work done? frown.gif

But yeah, considering that this Kickstarter campaign only started about five days ago and has managed to already raise almost five times their goal amount, I get the sense it's going to be pretty successful.

 

I saw that few days ago and it does sound interesting. Let us know how it goes.  

post #13187 of 27139

Woah, I guess this is what I get for not going on in ages, about 1000+ more posts!

 

So guys, I'm in the money at the moment, and time to spend on some phones. Anyone want to give me a bit more insight to the CKS1000? I've read a few impressions here and there, but It's quite confusing, some say its hugely bassy, others say its moderately bassy, but bassy non the less. 

I think for fit I'll be going for these as I've heard the FXZ200 has a lot of problems regarding that. I'm looking for that awesome deep rumbling sub bass, can these do that for me? 


Thanks Guys!

post #13188 of 27139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Never tried those you mentioned but I just ordered the new Onkyo earphones. Don't know if they will be more neutral over the S2. You might like the RE-400.

Will let you guys know how I hear the Onkyos.
Hmmm, those look like they are in the same range I would say. These are marginally different / better at most, looking at e.g. The HiFiman. Not really next step, I would say.
post #13189 of 27139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death3man View Post

Woah, I guess this is what I get for not going on in ages, about 1000+ more posts!

 

So guys, I'm in the money at the moment, and time to spend on some phones. Anyone want to give me a bit more insight to the CKS1000? I've read a few impressions here and there, but It's quite confusing, some say its hugely bassy, others say its moderately bassy, but bassy non the less. 

I think for fit I'll be going for these as I've heard the FXZ200 has a lot of problems regarding that. I'm looking for that awesome deep rumbling sub bass, can these do that for me? 


Thanks Guys!

 

If you truly love sub-bass, look at this:

 

 

Philips 3590, which can be had for 8$ on Amazon.

I strongly prefer them to JVC FXZ-200.

 

You must use them with Meelec/Brainwavz double-flange tips:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Black-/130745455297

post #13190 of 27139
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post

If you truly love sub-bass, look at this:



Philips 3590, which can be had for 8$ on Amazon.
I strongly prefer them to JVC FXZ-200.

You must use them with Meelec/Brainwavz double-flange tips:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Black-/130745455297

Phillips surprisingly makes some impressive bang for buck budget IEM's, first they had SHE3580, and another model I tried recently SHE9700, I was terribly surprised with SHE9700, especially it's soundstage and imaging for such a cheap IEM also its bass quality (no quantity). That's one to check up on guys, Phillips SHE9700, not for extreme bass heads though.
post #13191 of 27139

For anyone who still wants those X1s. The site we talked about has already restarted another vote for them, cast yours and we might just get another deal on them.

post #13192 of 27139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

Dsnuts, do you ever find the S2's treble too strident?
Also what tips are you using for your S2's? I'm thinking of repurchasing them I miss them :(

 

My pair on all my sources are very controlled. Though I have well over 500 plus hours of burn and use on my pair. I noticed my pair the mids are more forward than I perceived them from open box as well. I use UE tips which has a wider bore on them and I stopped trying tips after that as the sound is perfect for me.  I am certain for at least the first 200 hours or so the highs can sound a bit bright. I don't know if it is the combination of burn and tip selection that is doing it for me but the highs are very much in control now. Compared to my CKN70 which has upper range emphasis, perhaps a bit too much so to my ears the S2 has a very natural transition from mids to highs without excess emphasis in the region. I do feel this is yet another reason why I am a huge fan of the S2. Once they get proper they are just that.

 

As crazy as it sounds I pretty much base how I judge other earphones from my S2. It is far from anything reference but to me it does so many things right for sound that I can easily tell what other earphones are lacking in comparison.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

 

Thanks for the impressions Dsnuts. GR07BE or S2 has better bass and which one has more? What about the treble and the comfort? I think both GR07 MK1 and BE are pretty easy to drive and don't need amplification.

I think on standard players the BE bass is excellent again I only wished these were out when I was in the market for the GR07 as I prefer the BEs over the standard GR07 however when amped my S2 passes the BEs in bass quality. Plus I can eq my S2 to sound not only like the BEs with better stage but I can also make them sound very similar to my CKS1000 as well.

 

The M200 does have the roomy bass thing happening with a fairly neutral type tune to the rest of the spectrum and that is one of the reasons why they sound so good. A much better FXZ200 type sound. These have room for that sound and I think one of the problems of the FXZ earphones was the lack of space for the sound.

 

I can understand the fanfare for the Vsonic earphones but I am going to be honest. When I went from being floored with how my S2 sounded with my NFB-5 I switched to the GR07 BEs and the sound was lacking. The mids were not as forward or as engaging. The bass was not as representative of the amps power. The highs was not as controlled. and lastly the stage went from being unbelievable to closed in sounding.  That was when I realized why I sold my GR07 a while ago.

 

They did much better for my X3 in which I would say the synergy is easily just as good as my S2 if not better but again to be honest I am ready for new Vsonic earphones.. I do look forward to their new offerings..

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death3man View Post

Woah, I guess this is what I get for not going on in ages, about 1000+ more posts!

 

So guys, I'm in the money at the moment, and time to spend on some phones. Anyone want to give me a bit more insight to the CKS1000? I've read a few impressions here and there, but It's quite confusing, some say its hugely bassy, others say its moderately bassy, but bassy non the less. 

I think for fit I'll be going for these as I've heard the FXZ200 has a lot of problems regarding that. I'm looking for that awesome deep rumbling sub bass, can these do that for me? 


Thanks Guys!

 

The CKS1000 has great bass response but the FXZ200 does have the fuller sub bass happening. I would look into the KEF M200, might be what your looking for. The new Onkyo earphones I will get soon should have some solid bass response as well. If your into your sub bass the XB90EX is just that. Crazy sub bass that is more in quantity over the FXZ earphones.


Edited by Dsnuts - 8/18/13 at 8:20am
post #13193 of 27139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

I use UE tips which has a wider bore on them and I stopped trying tips after that as the sound is perfect for me.  

Darn it I keep seeing these UE 900 tips being perfect mentioned again n again! Seems like it's more preferred over Auvio tips and Ortofon tips! So have to get my hands on them soon

post #13194 of 27139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

My pair on all my sources are very controlled. Though I have well over 500 plus hours of burn and use on my pair. I noticed my pair the mids are more forward than I perceived them from open box as well. I use UE tips which has a wider bore on them and I stopped trying tips after that as the sound is perfect for me.  I am certain for at least the first 200 hours or so the highs can sound a bit bright. I don't know if it is the combination of burn and tip selection that is doing it for me but the highs are very much in control now. Compared to my CKN70 which has upper range emphasis, perhaps a bit too much so to my ears the S2 has a very natural transition from mids to highs without excess emphasis in the region. I do feel this is yet another reason why I am a huge fan of the S2. Once they get proper they are just that.

 

As crazy as it sounds I pretty much base how I judge other earphones from my S2. It is far from anything reference but to me it does so many things right for sound that I can easily tell what other earphones are lacking in comparison.

 

I think on standard players the BE bass is excellent again I only wished these were out when I was in the market for the GR07 as I prefer the BEs over the standard GR07 however when amped my S2 passes the BEs in bass quality. Plus I can eq my S2 to sound not only like the BEs with better stage but I can also make them sound very similar to my CKS1000 as well.

 

The M200 does have the roomy bass thing happening with a fairly neutral type tune to the rest of the spectrum and that is one of the reasons why they sound so good. A much better FXZ200 type sound. These have room for that sound and I think one of the problems of the FXZ earphones was the lack of space for the sound.

 

I can understand the fanfare for the Vsonic earphones but I am going to be honest. When I went from being floored with how my S2 sounded with my NFB-5 I switched to the GR07 BEs and the sound was lacking. The mids were not as forward or as engaging. The bass was not as representative of the amps power. The highs was not as controlled. and lastly the stage went from being unbelievable to closed in sounding.  That was when I realized why I sold my GR07 a while ago.

 

They did much better for my X3 in which I would say the synergy is easily just as good as my S2 if not better but again to be honest I am ready for new Vsonic earphones.. I do look forward to their new offerings..

 

 

The CKS1000 has great bass response but the FXZ200 does have the fuller sub bass happening. I would look into the KEF M200, might be what your looking for. The new Onkyo earphones I will get soon should have some solid bass response as well. If your into your sub bass the XB90EX is just that. Crazy sub bass that is more in quantity over the FXZ earphones.

 

Can't wait until you get the IE-HF300s. You'll have to tell me how they compare to the Bassos, S2 and CKS1000.

post #13195 of 27139
Thread Starter 

The UE silicones are a solid investment they have the best quality for guys that own multiple earphones. That is why this deal here is a great deal http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B003YKG2XM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376841222&sr=1-1&keywords=ue500  You can just buy a set of UE tips on ebay I believe but a bit more gets you these UE500s which are actually pretty good earphones a solid plastic case and a set of Complys.

post #13196 of 27139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post

 

Can't wait until you get the IE-HF300s. You'll have to tell me how they compare to the Bassos, S2 and CKS1000.


I think they should be worth the investment. Seems all these audio companies going into the headphone game have been doing their RnD and coming out with something they feel is better than the field. Ie KEF.. Which is encouraging as competition only spurs on greatness.

 

All earphone manufacturers should ask themselves what separates your product to the sea of other earphones.. If it is just the same as a competing product with your name on it. That to me is a fail. Unless that product happen to be 2 to 3X the cost. Then they are onto something. We will see.

post #13197 of 27139

Damn guys, I'm not sure if this is what you guys ordered, but there's the IE-HF300 on amazon for $129 shipped from a secondary vendor with 6 left in stock...

 

I completely impulse-bought them, as I figure by the time the reviews come in there's a good chance they'll be back "temporarily out of stock". hopefully they're at least somewhat good!

post #13198 of 27139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

Damn guys, I'm not sure if this is what you guys ordered, but there's the IE-HF300 on amazon for $129 shipped from a secondary vendor with 6 left in stock...

 

I completely impulse-bought them, as I figure by the time the reviews come in there's a good chance they'll be back "temporarily out of stock". hopefully they're at least somewhat good!

Myself and others are thinking about buying them, so I look forward to your impressions. I'm sure they won't disappoint.

post #13199 of 27139
Thread Starter 

Your female vocal track for the day.

post #13200 of 27139
Thread Starter 

Calling all PC gamers. Calling all PC gamers..This is a deal and thensome with a good cause behind it. Read about this and get all these games for $5. You can pledge whatever you want and the proceeds go to charity. A fantastic deal for guys that game on their PCs. https://www.humblebundle.com/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH M200 PG 1769!!