If anyone knows of anyone/can recable my CKN70s to have a Y-cable and are in the UK/EU, PM me please.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 7/10/15 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. - Page 544
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah I thought the price was a bit much myself but as the letter states, they don't do disputes over pricing etc so I didn't bother arguing my case. I just tested them now before burn in and wow these things sound great. I'm not an expert and can't really describe in that much detail what I'm hearing but I'll try.
When I first put these in my ears I got butterflies in my stomach when the music started playing lol Everything sounds so clear! Lol, the detail is awesome. Mids on these things are amazing, they are smooth and sweet, very detailed. Highs are nice and sparkly and extend very well, they don't really offend me, I'm not experiencing much sibilance either. I was worried that the bass would be lacking but no, it's definitely there! It reaches all the way down but is only there when called for. When you play a bass emphasized song, it really shines.
Separation of the frequencies is amazing, each frequency can easily be heard in the mix but it's all balanced, none of them interfere with each other. I would imagine this is similar to what a 3 driver dynamic would sound like! It actually sounds as if each frequency has its own driver lol. Instrument separation is amazing and soundstage is pretty good too. I have to say the best thing about these are the vocals, wow the vocals are awesome sauce! You can really hear the emotion in the artists voice! Overall, these produce such an energetic sound and they are very exciting, everything is in your face but not offensive in any way
Anyway, as I said before I bought these, as long as they were on a par with the JVC S500's in the bass quantity department and had a better sound overall, I would be happy. Well I'm pleased to report that the bass for me is actually better in quantity and quality than the S500 when the music calls for it. I also reckon these do have the superior overall sound to my ears too so yeah you can consider me pleased with my purchase, the price was worth it in the end despite the shocking customs fee
Let burn in commence!
I told you it had more bass! ;)
Glad they worked out for you fellas. So I have been burning my CKN70s. Since I bought them. lol. I lost track of how many hours that is. It has been hooked up to my MX2..
This is the first time I took them off my MX2 and threw them onto my trusty Z1060..So now I have a touch of warmth to the mids..Kinda like how my CKS1000 sound..The balance on this sound is supreme. The imagery is so nice..The highs have settled in nicely..This sounds better in every way compared to open box.. It sound more coherent now if not just plain fluid..The notes are definitely fuller now too. More textured. A matured version of the CKN70 from open box.
You want to throw your CKN70 into the fluid realm in sound. Get to burn in and keep it burning. Melt them drivers.
Oh man my mix landed me on this tune. With the CKN70. Check out the percussion detail on this one. Great vocals, Smooth bass notes. Never heard this sound so good.
Edited by Dsnuts - 3/16/13 at 10:45pm
You mean the ATH CKM77 vs. the CKN70??? For one thing, these new CKN70s uses a micro driver with carbon nanotubes, so................
CKS77? And a CKN70? Both completely different. The CKS77 is a second generation solid bass earphone. Similar tuning to your WS99 but not nearly as refined. I would skip those and go directly to the CKS99 because these will cost about the same but is a 3rd generation Solid Bass earphone. New tech involved in the housing using dual air chambers that gets these things even closer to the WS99 in performance. The earphone equivalent to the WS99 is the CKS1000. Flagship model..
The CKN70 is the subject of what we are talking about here. The mids have a similar quality to the ES700 but the highs do exhibit some of the older AT house sound. Which tames with more burn in. Far exceeds its cost in value and sound. I couldn't take them out of my ears last night..
Also on that note. I have discovered that the CKN70 the way it is tuned and their ability does not require amping or more power for them to sound their best. Almost an armature in dynamics these are more suited for listening on your cell phones and daps more than requiring any type of amplification..I have discovered last night that just using my Sony Z1060 and the CKN70 gives me a similar type sound to a well amped headphone in dynamics..Keep it simple with this one for best results me thinks.
I would pass on the CKM77. Those have a very V shape sound frequency. Very much the older AT house sound. They don't touch the mids that are on the CKN70.
Edited by Dsnuts - 3/17/13 at 12:06pm
- The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Need a good amp for Audeze LCD-3 34 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 41 seconds ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 3 minutes ago
- › What audio combo is best for me? Headphone's + AMP + DAC ( For... 4 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN FOR HIGH-END SPORTS... 6 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2