^ Whew! Thanks Ds. I was this close to getting me some!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 7/10/15 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. - Page 992
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeppp they sound like crap, too many negatives, thanks Ds and WAYNE for helping me out here. Pheeeeew that was a close one. :)
Btw, anyone who is interested in the ZU mission cable for their Phillip's X1's can get it here:
When you buy it, you just have to tell them to change it to a "mini to mini" cable and they will do that for no extra charge.
And yes, the cable really plays very nicely with the X1. Very nicely.
Those guys want you to burn in their cables for 400 hours Wayne. I think I got around 300 on mine. Lol..Ya believe it or not no joke I have had my X1 with Zu cable on my MX2 for the last 2 weeks straight. I just took a listen.. Oh man it sounds great. That is a negative right there. I don't like stuff that sounds this nice. Gotta stop burning it in.
Don't mention it guys any earphones with that many negatives is not worth buying. You guys don't want one of the most exciting new earphones in the market.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/29/13 at 7:29pm
Yep. I'm rather happy with how it's sounding with the X1's without any burn in. In fact, I haven't really been able to burn in my X1's yet apart from enjoying listening to them. I should be able to get some sustained bass n drum beatings into both the X1's and the ZU soon though, so if this package is going to sound even better than it already does, then smiles all 'round
OK, yet another take on the Gratitude vs S2, as earlier discussed. Spent a bit of time today with the 2 of them, both very nice to listen to.
Comfort-this is an individual thing, of course. I tend to do badly with earphones with unusual shaped/big bodies, chambers, wannabe buds, etc. Both these have some unusual shape to them, but the Philips is much more so, and it took a bit to find tips (used Complys for both), and take a lot of twisting/adjusting to get it about where it should be. Monster is much easier to get in correctly, for me
Isolation-easy, S2 is not supposed to isolate, and it doesn't. Was OK to listen to outside here in the burbs, though, as the streets I go down on my dog walk are pretty quiet.
Sound-OK, more difficult to put a finger on, but here I go. They both do good detail, the S2 maybe a bit better. The Monsters are not bass monsters (pun intended), both seem to have about the same, not overwhelming, good, musical bass. The Monsters seem to actually have a mid emphasis, and slightly high freq as well, giving it a kind of liveness, more than the S2. The S2, on the other hand, has this incredible silence/space between instruments, makes them stand out and details a bit clearer (but the detail difference is very small-the openness, silence, space between instruments, howerver, is breathtaking).
Again, you have a kind of excitement generated by the Monster (slight) frequence emphasis, but a really neutral, clean sound from the S2 that is quite striking. Like them both. At $60 the Monsters are a really nice buy.
What about the Gratitudes vs the flavor du jour, the MA750?
I have the Gratitudes and like them, but they're my only IEMs. I'm more of a headphone guy anyway, but I'm tempted by all this talk to return them and get the MA750. The build quality for sure would be better, but I'm not sure how much of an improvement in sound there might be.
Must read this thread with my wallet locked away. It might be futile but have to try to resist the MA750 temptation. I like the S2 but have always preferred over ear style iem which works best for me. Someone please dish out some negatives to sway me away if there is any, haha.
Ok so I have found the only one real negative on the MA750s. Their efficiency means they have a nice full sound on your daps and such. But what about adding and amp you might ask?
I just did a head to head experiment with my DX50 hooked up to my 2step amp. The sound is off the chain nice. The amp expands the sounds like a nice amp should just sound euphoria..
The S2 I used first and the sound expansion with that full bass end just put a big ole smile on my face. The S2 is showing me once again why it is one of my all time favorites. I just switched to the MA750 and here is the negative. There closed in design means they will not have the same headroom for amping quite like the S2.. The stage is immediately noticeably restricted vs the S2.
The MA750 on a good source sounds very nice of course but with more power they don't hang with the S2. Much like the XBA-3. The MA750 is at it's best with a simple source.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/29/13 at 8:07pm
just ordered the MA750's today. Don't know how long it'll take until they get here (ordered from Amazon), but can compare them, the Gratitudes and S2s when they come. The S2 does have a certain clarity, dark/space between instruments, and openness, a sophisticated sound, a wide stage, I can see why so many are in love with them
Edited by doctorjazz - 9/29/13 at 8:11pm
Oh for certain.. I have them in my ears with my DX50 and 2Step amp.. I am shocked I never tried this combo. Lol.It sounds unbelievable..It is the one earphone I will always have in my stable with my CKS1Ks.
Lol. My S2 was all jealous last night when I was giving out the award to another. It didn't like that so much..So it is going to be easy for me. I will have my S2s hooked up to my laptop and will use my new MA750s with my X3 or my DX50 for on the go.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/29/13 at 8:14pm
Anyone had their deltas shipped yet? Seems maybe they're delayed again. The website changed the date to the 28th of Sept and my order is still just processing. Then again, maybe I'm late in the queue or MP4 nation is just being really slow as usual (or so I seem to have read)
- The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Help to looking for a special headphone [ TO ALL USERS ] 1 minute ago
- › Does anyone know the model of these Sony headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for various heavy metal and other styles 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › Lyr 2 as a pre-amp for HE-400's and Genelecs? 9 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 10 minutes ago
- › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3