I also went to the Zu ebay store looking for headphone cables, ipod LOD or other cables, didn't see either there
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 7/10/15 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. - Page 909
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I sent them a message that they should sell more of these cables. I can't find these cables on their site either. So I should get a reply.. I hope they do sell more of these. A discovery isn't a discovery unless we can share in the goodness..
OK, I have these 3 in my "saved for later" section of the Amazon cart (where they could sit a long time, of course): T-Peos H-200, KEF M200, and Onkyo IE HF300 (from most to least expensive). Anyone know all 3 and is able to compare/rate?
Hmmm? I fear we my have shot ourselves in the foot unintentionally. I don't think the Zu creators meant for these cables to be used for the X1 as we are using them. Their website seems to suggest building a special cable for headphones by contacting them. I don't think it was drbluenewmexico's intention, but by contacting the owner and telling him how we were using them he might have felt he was uncutting himself for a service of reterminating headphones. Going to him directly forces someone to pay a higher price for more service. Again, I hope I'm wrong, but that seems to be the only option since a few days ago there were plenty of these cables in various colors, and I'm sure that no one other than myself. DannyBai, Dsnuts, and probably waynes world bought these cable from head-fi. If I'm right, hopefully this guy will change his mind with some persuasion. If he doesn't, I guess a few of us lucked up in getting this fantastic cable and here's hoping it outlast the headphone.
Ya life expectancy is 100+ years or so it says on the paperwork with the cables. Lol.
I hope this is not the case. That is lame if they do. How can they pull these off the shelves as all these sales of these cables will do is make believers of their products. Maybe they created something a bit too good. In any case I hope they got a good explanation. Something ain't right about them all being gone all of a sudden.
A rediscovery, not equipment but music. Strapped on my dog walking gear (Senn 650's, iPod touch, Continental amp...generally use iem's home, over or on ears out on the pooch trip), put on something off the beaten track (it is jazz, which is already off the beaten track, but an oddball record even for Jazz fans, all 10 of us). Sun Ra's Arkestra (who actually may have had as big a following in the rock world as the jazz world, often playing in small Rock venues) recording of Jazz In Silhouette, from 1958, is a fabulous recording (musically, sonically it is a bit lean), leaning to bop and some swing feel, with a tiny bit of "space" feel here and there. Sun Ra's recordings are wildly variable, ranging from 1920's big band swing to screaming free jazz and chants of "space is the place". He did come from Jupiter, you know (at least that's what he told everyone). This is a fine and safe place to start if one has any interest, he must have 50+ other recordings out there.
Edited by doctorjazz - 9/1/13 at 7:26pm
Edited by Exesteils - 9/1/13 at 7:51pm
I don't understand the reasoning behind not selling them. They definitely pulled them from ebay..Who cares if people use them for headphones instead of ipods and mp3 players. In fact all those sales are gonna do is just get us to purchase more Zu cables for our other gears get some more name recognition and such among people that are willing to spend a little more on cables. Isn't the whole purpose in selling your cables is so your name goes out to the audio world? I don't get it.
I am eager to hear what their explanation is. That is a lame duck excuse to pull an item which they had plenty of this morning.
As a brand coming into the Audiophile market, I hope they make a splash, it's not so often you find a company that does things right the first time(Onkyo or KEF are old-hands trying new things, so not the same) and I hope they keep up with these amazing cables.
Unfortunately I think this is the reason why these guys pulled the cables. They probably realized these "ipod cables" come really close to what they offer for actual headphone cables. Well It ain't like there aren't others that make silver coated cables that will sound nice using your X1. I think we might have found a nice alternative. Maybe even nicer.
This might be the very first time I have to take away my trophy. How lame. I hope you Zu fellas read this thread. You all lost out on a golden opportunity is all I have to say about that. Stay tuned I have a feeling we might find out some more info..
If those Zu fellas stay silent then we are probably right in what is happening if not they have some explaining to do.
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/1/13 at 10:29pm
I'll check back regularly to see what's up. I know they have to make a living but pulling a product simply because someone found it to be good for another function is kinda lame. Kicking myself not getting a pair early now.
- The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Stax SRM-1/Mk2 Re-cap 38 seconds ago
- › CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour 47 seconds ago
- › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-A900Ti Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Roland RH-300 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Great news for rooted android users--Viper4Android 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3