Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 401

post #6001 of 6020

i saw that, and the emails, and the conclusion is i'm ****ed, i'll have to pay 20€ to return it to the seller and that makes 40€ on stupid shipping for trying a pair of faulty headphones

 

Hello *****

 
We need some further information.
 
Do you know the seller's name? Or provide me a website? 
 
Have you contacted the seller? Since you have just bought it, you may return it.
 
 
Best Regards,
Zhang Lu
Head-Direct Customer Service Team

 

 

meh i'm done

post #6002 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr H View Post

i saw that, and the emails, and the conclusion is i'm ****ed, i'll have to pay 20€ to return it to the seller and that makes 40€ on stupid shipping for trying a pair of faulty headphones

 

Hello *****

 
We need some further information.
 
Do you know the seller's name? Or provide me a website? 
 
Have you contacted the seller? Since you have just bought it, you may return it.
 
 
Best Regards,
Zhang Lu
Head-Direct Customer Service Team

 

 

meh i'm done

Tell the Hifiman customer service to honour this replacement policy (give him the link and the text)

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630549/open-announcement-on-the-hifiman-he-400

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiman-us View Post

Dear Friends of HiFiMAN:

 

Since being introduced earlier this year, our HE-400 headphone has been very successful and one of the most exciting high-performance models in the category. HE-400 is known for its powerful bass, smooth frequency response and lifelike detail.

 

Like any good company, HiFiMAN makes upgrades to its products whenever we think we can improve its performance or quality. So about four weeks ago, we upgraded the support for the driver magnet. That unintentionally created an audible peak or brightness and within the past two weeks, HE-400 customers started to report this problem because they knew this was not consistent with any HifiMAN headphone, especially HE-400.

 

Investigating this feedback, I discovered that the change did help improve the structural integrity but it unfortunately created this peak. In the military, they call this "friendly fire", at HiFiMAN I call it totally unacceptable.

 

We have corrected this problem at the manufacturing level so all HE-400s now shipped will be with the sound that everyone has been raving about for several months. We have also identified which models were affected by this "upgrade" and want to replace them at our expense as soon as possible. If you purchased a HE-400 in the past 30 days, simply email customerservice@head-direct.com and in the subject line, reference "HE-400 Fang".

 

HiFiMAN has built its reputation on quality, great sound and standing behind our products. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to our valued HifiMAN owners. We will do whatever it takes to make it right.

 

With Best Regards,

Fang Bian

Founder and President

HiFiMAN

 

 

Say that it's ridiculous if they only cover people unfortunate enough to receive the faulty revision units before October, but not after, express your frustration. If he still doesn't comply, ask that he request it from the higher-ups. Honestly, a few angry emails will save you a lot of money and frustration.

 

Also post that customer service email reply in the Hifiman service thread here, Eric will probably help you go through the loops.


Edited by jerg - 1/14/13 at 11:21pm
post #6003 of 6020

lol i don't want to this is weird. first time something like this has happened to me. it's not that i dislike this headphone, thing is they hurt my ears with the weird treble, which they totally said it's a thing and happened, and it's jan/2013 how the hell was i supposed to know a seller from amazon still had old stock on faulty headphones.

it's weird all this distrusting attitude towards me from the customer service, what did they think i did??? build a fake hifiman? buy it from a pirate in somalia? steal it? wtf

post #6004 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr H View Post

lol i don't want to this is weird. first time something like this has happened to me. it's not that i dislike this headphone, thing is they hurt my ears with the weird treble, which they totally said it's a thing and happened, and it's jan/2013 how the hell was i supposed to know a seller from amazon still had old stock on faulty headphones.

it's weird all this distrusting attitude towards me from the customer service, what did they think i did??? build a fake hifiman? buy it from a pirate in somalia? steal it? wtf

I get your frustration bro. If you don't want the trouble of sorting all this out, you may as well refund it yeah. Although if I were in a situation like this I'd always try to get to the bottom of it all, hey they may even offer me a discount or some other bonus stuff if they deem that I have been wronged lol, but hey, you are you, and don't want to bother with customer service.

post #6005 of 6020

never mind


Edited by Jabse - 1/15/13 at 9:41am
post #6006 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabse View Post

i think my he-400s might have this but not sure.. it does seem pretty bright to me and e17 can hardly get any thumping bass out of them at all
 

how do i check if i got the bad batch?

The "bad batch" only has a resonance issue in the treble, there is nothing wrong with the bass response with that batch. I think you are just fretting over how crappy the E17 bass boost function is, and projecting that onto the headphones. Seriously, stop that.

 

To check if you got the "bad batch", take off one of the earpads and see if the driver underneath is a bone yellow colour, or a clear white colour.

post #6007 of 6020

well...
 

I feel sorry for what you experienced. Because this is weired, we have recalled all the defective HE-400 from our dealers. And they would not sell them out for trouble. Firstly, we have to make sure whether you bought it from our authorized dealer. If yes, you can send it back for a new one, without paying for the shipping cost. 
 
I will forward all the information you provided to our distributor in Germany, and I will contact you as soon as I get a reply.
 
 
 
i don't think they're an authorized dealer lol **** me i should have checked but i didn't i thought if i got it from amazon they were authorized dealers
i'll wait for an answer but still looks what is going to happen is me returning it to the seller and spending at least 40€ on shipping and get the rest of my money back some day during next month and be done with it and never buy hifiman stuff anymore (oh and sell the retarded velour pads i guess lol such a wonderful experience)
post #6008 of 6020
It's not their fault you didn't buy from a legit authorized dealer. Though they could be more lenient, it's not their fault.
post #6009 of 6020

lol ok i'm a bad man that buys from amazon lol take my money and murder my family

sure i'm in the wrong here why not

post #6010 of 6020
No. I buy from Amazon ALL the time. Thing is, with headphones and most electronics you REALLY should make sure the seller is authorized. There are millions of 3rd party sellers on Amazon not covered by a manufacturer's warranty.
post #6011 of 6020

edit. wrong thread lol


Edited by Okamoto - 1/16/13 at 1:39pm
post #6012 of 6020
Currently using a FiiO E17 to power my HE-400s, would I notice a significant upgrade by getting an amp like the Little Dot Mk II or FiiO E9? Right now I'm using +4 bass and +2 treble with +12dB gain at 20 volume and it's pretty satisfying.
post #6013 of 6020

subscribed

post #6014 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post

Currently using a FiiO E17 to power my HE-400s, would I notice a significant upgrade by getting an amp like the Little Dot Mk II or FiiO E9? Right now I'm using +4 bass and +2 treble with +12dB gain at 20 volume and it's pretty satisfying.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by korzena View Post

subscribed

This thread is dead. Subscribe / post at the main thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/5910#post_9084392

post #6015 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

 

This thread is dead. Subscribe / post at the main thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/5910#post_9084392

Thanks for the info.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out