Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 400

post #5986 of 6019

well i told him i didn't disassembled it, but the pad changing i did, cause i also bought the velour pads from amazon lol
 

post #5987 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr H View Post

well i told him i didn't disassembled it, but the pad changing i did, cause i also bought the velour pads from amazon lol
 

So did it turn out to be the bad revision drivers or good?

post #5988 of 6019

pretty sure it's the revision 3

 

 

also the date on the box checks out (september 10th)

 

 

 

it sucks cause i'm loving these, but the highs are too weird, sibilant and make my ears hurt, which i don't get with any of my other headphones

post #5989 of 6019
Contact Hifiman, they will replace it... I'm sure.
post #5990 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr H View Post

pretty sure it's the revision 3

 

 

also the date on the box checks out (september 10th)

 

 

 

it sucks cause i'm loving these, but the highs are too weird, sibilant and make my ears hurt, which i don't get with any of my other headphones

Where'd you buy these from? Hifiman should have restocked their stock and all authorized retailers with the correct revision since October...

 

Contact Head-Direct and ask for the free replacement (they'll refund all shipping costs), they described how you do it here:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630549/open-announcement-on-the-hifiman-he-400

post #5991 of 6019

**** is i'm from spain, if i send these headphones to the U.S. it's more than likely that i'll be charged customs taxes, that's why i bought them from amazon.de in the first place

post #5992 of 6019
They'll probably make you ship to China. I believe they'll refund the cost to ship too.
post #5993 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Where'd you buy these from? Hifiman should have restocked their stock and all authorized retailers with the correct revision since October...

 

Contact Head-Direct and ask for the free replacement (they'll refund all shipping costs), they described how you do it here:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630549/open-announcement-on-the-hifiman-he-400


from amazon.de.

ok i sent an email to head direct and on the customer support thread. i hope i get a quick response because i can't let this go over a month or i wont be able to get the refund from the seller from amazon

post #5994 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr H View Post


from amazon.de.

ok i sent an email to head direct and on the customer support thread. i hope i get a quick response because i can't let this go over a month or i wont be able to get the refund from the seller from amazon

If the amazon seller is an authorized dealer then you would get a 1yr replacement warranty from Head-Direct by default. But yeah definitely try to get in touch with Hifiman asap.

 

Also email to Hifiman's customer service email, that usually gets responded fast:

 

customerservice@head-direct.com

post #5995 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

If the amazon seller is an authorized dealer then you would get a 1yr replacement warranty from Head-Direct by default. But yeah definitely try to get in touch with Hifiman asap.

 

Also email to Hifiman's customer service email, that usually gets responded fast:

 

customerservice@head-direct.com


it's Good-Buy from amazon.de, don't know if they're authorized dealers or not, i hope so lol

post #5996 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr H View Post


it's Good-Buy from amazon.de, don't know if they're authorized dealers or not, i hope so lol

At any rate, send an email to the customer service email I linked ya above, and just describe your situation (include the photos of the drivers of course).

post #5997 of 6019

ok, i sent them the email on friday night, but i resent it with the photos

thx

post #5998 of 6019
That box is definitely theirs, so even if it's not an authorized dealer, they should still commit to replacing a Rev. 3.
post #5999 of 6019

ok looks like i'm ****ed, the hifiman guys are not showing signs they'll change my revision 3 for the new one and the seller in the end said i can return it if i pay the shipping. how is this fair for me? i paid 20€ to get it now i must pay 20€ to return some faulty headphones? god i regret 100% buying this hifiman stuff i should have just stayed with my other headphones

post #6000 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr H View Post

ok looks like i'm ****ed, the hifiman guys are not showing signs they'll change my revision 3 for the new one and the seller in the end said i can return it if i pay the shipping. how is this fair for me? i paid 20€ to get it now i must pay 20€ to return some faulty headphones? god i regret 100% buying this hifiman stuff i should have just stayed with my other headphones

Didn't you see this reply from the Hifiman representative? http://www.head-fi.org/t/629253/head-direct-hifiman-customer-service-team/375#post_9053577

 

Just send your HE400 receipt to the email he provided and you'll be able to get the replacement pretty much.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out