Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 397

post #5941 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post


I stopped assuming a long time ago. It's way too risky. wink.gif

Good point. rolleyes.gif

 

Though there is that one guy that already has the amp with the HE-400, he said first impressions were pretty good.

post #5942 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

Good point. rolleyes.gif

 

Though there is that one guy that already has the amp with the HE-400, he said first impressions were pretty good.

Linkage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post


I stopped assuming a long time ago. It's way too risky. wink.gif

As far as power goes, the Magni should be able to handle it without much fuss, right? It's just about whether it pairs well to your ears?

post #5943 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

Linkage?

 

lol....I tried to find it, but I couldn't >_>

post #5944 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

lol....I tried to find it, but I couldn't >_>

Why do you hate me

post #5945 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk View Post

how much of an improvement are these over the ad700 using Queen - We Are The Champions as an example?

It's a very nice improvement. You'll actually experience bass :)

post #5946 of 6020

Also about the new Schiit talk. I have a Magni and HE400's in use as I type. I don't have much to compare it to, only the E9. Compared to the E9 it is definitely better with the HE400's in my opinion. Everything seems a bit more clear and the bass has a nicer punch to it. Not really sure how to describe it, but the mids seem less congested on the Magni than the E9 as well. Only have about 2 hours on the combo and have only side by side compared for a short while, but these are my early impressions. It's not a day and night different, but I do definitely hear a nice change :).

post #5947 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron1006 View Post

Also about the new Schiit talk. I have a Magni and HE400's in use as I type. I don't have much to compare it to, only the E9. Compared to the E9 it is definitely better with the HE400's in my opinion. Everything seems a bit more clear and the bass has a nicer punch to it. Not really sure how to describe it, but the mids seem less congested on the Magni than the E9 as well. Only have about 2 hours on the combo and have only side by side compared for a short while, but these are my early impressions. It's not a day and night different, but I do definitely hear a nice change :).

Would you recommend the combo?

post #5948 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron1006 View Post

Also about the new Schiit talk. I have a Magni and HE400's in use as I type. I don't have much to compare it to, only the E9. Compared to the E9 it is definitely better with the HE400's in my opinion. Everything seems a bit more clear and the bass has a nicer punch to it. Not really sure how to describe it, but the mids seem less congested on the Magni than the E9 as well. Only have about 2 hours on the combo and have only side by side compared for a short while, but these are my early impressions. It's not a day and night different, but I do definitely hear a nice change :).

 

I wondered how this new little schitt stack would compete against the e9 and others like the o2. Sounds like it might just be pretty good. 

post #5949 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron1006 View Post

Also about the new Schiit talk. I have a Magni and HE400's in use as I type. I don't have much to compare it to, only the E9. Compared to the E9 it is definitely better with the HE400's in my opinion. Everything seems a bit more clear and the bass has a nicer punch to it. Not really sure how to describe it, but the mids seem less congested on the Magni than the E9 as well. Only have about 2 hours on the combo and have only side by side compared for a short while, but these are my early impressions. It's not a day and night different, but I do definitely hear a nice change :).

What about volume? Does it get enough to make you go deaf(don't actually test this)?

post #5950 of 6020

We really really need to lock this thread, so that people don't need to copy all the posts from the other thread, where there are already reviews of the HE400 with the Schiit Magni, etc. etc.

 

How does one contact a mod ?

post #5951 of 6020

Why lock the thread with more posts in it?

post #5952 of 6020

I know it was recently discussed, but the threads really do need to be merged. They are essentially parallels of each other, mostly mirroring the same topics. I gets confusing popping back and forth between them after a while.

post #5953 of 6020

What's the other thread?

post #5954 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

What's the other thread?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread

 

 

Every poster after this post is a dummy, and should migrate to the other thread promptly.

post #5955 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread

 

 

Every poster after this post is a dummy, and should migrate to the other thread promptly.

Why? This thread has more posts.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out