Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 395

post #5911 of 6020

No problem. Just be careful there. biggrin.gif

post #5912 of 6020
yes wink.gif
post #5913 of 6020

Hi, I'm a semi-basshead (teen), and I just need someone to confirm that these do NOT do well in a dorm setting because of the leakage/unportability (I will be walking around campus with these). Thanks.

post #5914 of 6020

They do NOT do well in a dorm setting.

post #5915 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Yamazaki View Post

Hi, I'm a semi-basshead (teen), and I just need someone to confirm that these do NOT do well in a dorm setting because of the leakage/unportability (I will be walking around campus with these). Thanks.

Mad Dog with a portable amp would offer the isolation that you need :)

post #5916 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Yamazaki View Post

Hi, I'm a semi-basshead (teen), and I just need someone to confirm that these do NOT do well in a dorm setting because of the leakage/unportability (I will be walking around campus with these). Thanks.

They leak more than they play music to your ears. So if you wanna be a super hipster then this is the headphone.

post #5917 of 6020
Just got a new pair of HE400s from Head Direct after returning the used pairs that came defective from Kraft Street Audio. These are great headphones!

I wouldn't change anything about them except the length of the cable...I really don't need 3 meters of cable. That said, would it be possible to cut the stock cable to about 1.5m and reterminate it? Sorry, I don't know anything about DIY cabling...
post #5918 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by haquocdung View Post

Mad Dog with a portable amp would offer the isolation that you need :)

+1 

post #5919 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSitthi View Post

Just got a new pair of HE400s from Head Direct after returning the used pairs that came defective from Kraft Street Audio. These are great headphones!
I wouldn't change anything about them except the length of the cable...I really don't need 3 meters of cable. That said, would it be possible to cut the stock cable to about 1.5m and reterminate it? Sorry, I don't know anything about DIY cabling...

 

You certainly could. I made my own cable though because I like to leave the stock stuff intact.

post #5920 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

+1 

 

+2 great isolation

post #5921 of 6020

just wondering if a new rev.4 comes out in the future, would you have to buy a new one or would hifiman replace your old one with the newest one?

post #5922 of 6020

If you are within your 1-yr warranty then you can send it in for replacement.

 

I HIGHLY doubt they will release any rev.4 though. Rev 2 has no issues, and Hifiman guys have already repeatedly stated that they have absolutely zero reason to further revise HE400. What you get now is most likely going to be identical to what you get 2 years from now.

post #5923 of 6020
Well, no sonic issues, but QC still needs work.

"Rev. 4" should be improved connectors so that they stop having problems with one of the sides cutting off, as well as bundling the HE400 with velours from now on, like on set of pleather, and one set of velour, instead of two sets of pleather... hopefully velours that are as soft as the old Hifiman velours.

Ooh, maybe even non-glossy Blue.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/12/12 at 12:24am
post #5924 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Well, no sonic issues, but QC still needs work.

That applies to all their cans though, I mean they also have issues with more advanced headphones like HE500 in terms of impedance balance or bass balance on rare cases. Also some inconsistencies in headband/extender symmetry which could cause imbalanced clamping pressures / adjustment angles.

 

A lot of kinks to iron out.

post #5925 of 6020

I wonder how long HiFiMAN will continue to use the same appearance for their headphones. I mean, sure, they sound great and are strictly for home use, but it would be nice to have something prettier to look at for the few seconds prior to putting them on :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out