No problem. Just be careful there.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review Last post on 6/1/13 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for folk in the $200 range. Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 395post #5911 of 601912/9/12 at 5:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5912 of 601912/9/12 at 6:09ampost #5913 of 601912/10/12 at 9:13pm
Hi, I'm a semi-basshead (teen), and I just need someone to confirm that these do NOT do well in a dorm setting because of the leakage/unportability (I will be walking around campus with these). Thanks.post #5914 of 601912/10/12 at 9:17pmpost #5915 of 601912/10/12 at 9:30pmQuote:
Mad Dog with a portable amp would offer the isolation that you need :)post #5916 of 601912/10/12 at 9:46pmQuote:
They leak more than they play music to your ears. So if you wanna be a super hipster then this is the headphone.post #5917 of 601912/10/12 at 10:10pmJust got a new pair of HE400s from Head Direct after returning the used pairs that came defective from Kraft Street Audio. These are great headphones!
I wouldn't change anything about them except the length of the cable...I really don't need 3 meters of cable. That said, would it be possible to cut the stock cable to about 1.5m and reterminate it? Sorry, I don't know anything about DIY cabling...post #5918 of 601912/10/12 at 10:26pmpost #5919 of 601912/11/12 at 12:30amQuote:Originally Posted by JSitthi
Just got a new pair of HE400s from Head Direct after returning the used pairs that came defective from Kraft Street Audio. These are great headphones!
I wouldn't change anything about them except the length of the cable...I really don't need 3 meters of cable. That said, would it be possible to cut the stock cable to about 1.5m and reterminate it? Sorry, I don't know anything about DIY cabling...
You certainly could. I made my own cable though because I like to leave the stock stuff intact.post #5920 of 601912/11/12 at 1:54ampost #5921 of 601912/12/12 at 12:00ampost #5922 of 601912/12/12 at 12:19am
If you are within your 1-yr warranty then you can send it in for replacement.
I HIGHLY doubt they will release any rev.4 though. Rev 2 has no issues, and Hifiman guys have already repeatedly stated that they have absolutely zero reason to further revise HE400. What you get now is most likely going to be identical to what you get 2 years from now.post #5923 of 601912/12/12 at 12:20amWell, no sonic issues, but QC still needs work.
"Rev. 4" should be improved connectors so that they stop having problems with one of the sides cutting off, as well as bundling the HE400 with velours from now on, like on set of pleather, and one set of velour, instead of two sets of pleather... hopefully velours that are as soft as the old Hifiman velours.
Ooh, maybe even non-glossy Blue.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/12/12 at 12:24ampost #5924 of 601912/12/12 at 12:24am
That applies to all their cans though, I mean they also have issues with more advanced headphones like HE500 in terms of impedance balance or bass balance on rare cases. Also some inconsistencies in headband/extender symmetry which could cause imbalanced clamping pressures / adjustment angles.
A lot of kinks to iron out.post #5925 of 601912/12/12 at 1:26am
I wonder how long HiFiMAN will continue to use the same appearance for their headphones. I mean, sure, they sound great and are strictly for home use, but it would be nice to have something prettier to look at for the few seconds prior to putting them on :D
- New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › WTB: I need a stock HD800 cable! 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for decent cans under $300(help wanted) 3 minutes ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob