No problem. Just be careful there.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review Last post on 6/1/13 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for folk in the $200 range. Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 395post #5911 of 601912/9/12 at 5:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5912 of 601912/9/12 at 6:09ampost #5913 of 601912/10/12 at 9:13pm
Hi, I'm a semi-basshead (teen), and I just need someone to confirm that these do NOT do well in a dorm setting because of the leakage/unportability (I will be walking around campus with these). Thanks.post #5914 of 601912/10/12 at 9:17pmpost #5915 of 601912/10/12 at 9:30pmQuote:
Mad Dog with a portable amp would offer the isolation that you need :)post #5916 of 601912/10/12 at 9:46pmQuote:
They leak more than they play music to your ears. So if you wanna be a super hipster then this is the headphone.post #5917 of 601912/10/12 at 10:10pmJust got a new pair of HE400s from Head Direct after returning the used pairs that came defective from Kraft Street Audio. These are great headphones!
I wouldn't change anything about them except the length of the cable...I really don't need 3 meters of cable. That said, would it be possible to cut the stock cable to about 1.5m and reterminate it? Sorry, I don't know anything about DIY cabling...post #5918 of 601912/10/12 at 10:26pmpost #5919 of 601912/11/12 at 12:30amQuote:Originally Posted by JSitthi
Just got a new pair of HE400s from Head Direct after returning the used pairs that came defective from Kraft Street Audio. These are great headphones!
I wouldn't change anything about them except the length of the cable...I really don't need 3 meters of cable. That said, would it be possible to cut the stock cable to about 1.5m and reterminate it? Sorry, I don't know anything about DIY cabling...
You certainly could. I made my own cable though because I like to leave the stock stuff intact.post #5920 of 601912/11/12 at 1:54ampost #5921 of 601912/12/12 at 12:00ampost #5922 of 601912/12/12 at 12:19am
If you are within your 1-yr warranty then you can send it in for replacement.
I HIGHLY doubt they will release any rev.4 though. Rev 2 has no issues, and Hifiman guys have already repeatedly stated that they have absolutely zero reason to further revise HE400. What you get now is most likely going to be identical to what you get 2 years from now.post #5923 of 601912/12/12 at 12:20amWell, no sonic issues, but QC still needs work.
"Rev. 4" should be improved connectors so that they stop having problems with one of the sides cutting off, as well as bundling the HE400 with velours from now on, like on set of pleather, and one set of velour, instead of two sets of pleather... hopefully velours that are as soft as the old Hifiman velours.
Ooh, maybe even non-glossy Blue.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/12/12 at 12:24ampost #5924 of 601912/12/12 at 12:24am
That applies to all their cans though, I mean they also have issues with more advanced headphones like HE500 in terms of impedance balance or bass balance on rare cases. Also some inconsistencies in headband/extender symmetry which could cause imbalanced clamping pressures / adjustment angles.
A lot of kinks to iron out.post #5925 of 601912/12/12 at 1:26am
I wonder how long HiFiMAN will continue to use the same appearance for their headphones. I mean, sure, they sound great and are strictly for home use, but it would be nice to have something prettier to look at for the few seconds prior to putting them on :D
- New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 10 seconds ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 30 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and... 4 minutes ago
- › FS - Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2 5 minutes ago
- › Need cable reccomendation for AKG K550 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude