Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review Last post on 6/1/13 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for folk in the $200 range. Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 387
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5792 of 602012/4/12 at 8:04pm
Works for some tracks better then others.
Akcent - Jokero sounded "off" and wrong imo.
But T-Pain - 5 o clock in the morning sounded better with it on.
I'll keep it around, thanks.post #5793 of 602012/4/12 at 9:12pm
From what I've heard and read, coax and s/pdif are better suited to tranfer audio data than 2.0 USB. USB can has a higher propensity to lose quality if data sychronization is restricted. That's why a lot of good DACs allow asychronous transfer so the data inflow isn't limited to a certain speed. Coax and s/pdif carry audio-only information, thus having better isolation from PC noise.post #5794 of 602012/4/12 at 10:02pmpost #5795 of 602012/4/12 at 10:17pmQuote:
+1 on the velour pads attracting dustpost #5796 of 602012/5/12 at 5:17ampost #5797 of 602012/5/12 at 5:46amQuote:
Thanks for the feedback. What parts sounded wrong, the vocals or the overall sound?
It's definitely still a work in progress. I was planning on doing some more testing with it tonight.post #5798 of 602012/5/12 at 6:39amGonna have to contact Head-Direct. It seems the drivers are mismatched in the frequencies. Definitely getting more bass on the right driver. No matter how I slice it, it's obvious. Whether I flip (right driver on the left ear), swap cables... right driver is always more impactful. Sigh.... damn it, I don't wanna be without them for weeks on end.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/5/12 at 6:45ampost #5799 of 602012/5/12 at 8:20ampost #5800 of 602012/5/12 at 11:08amQuote:
Hey there, he and I have exchanged several PMs about this. We're thinking this would actually fit the cable better and I think we're both going to try it. This seller has other sizes as well like 4mm for the two leads to the earcups. Keep in mind we're not really sure how this product will feel/look yet. He used Mogami 2893 cable.post #5801 of 602012/5/12 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by FuzzyD
Hey there, he and I have exchanged several PMs about this. We're thinking this would actually fit the cable better and I think we're both going to try it. This seller has other sizes as well like 4mm for the two leads to the earcups. Keep in mind we're not really sure how this product will feel/look yet. He used Mogami 2893 cable.
The 6mm might fit the Mogami 2534 better since that cable overall diameter is .236", whereas the Mogami 2893 is .189", in which the 4mm would be a great fit. Did he use different size Mogami cable for the earcup leads vs the TRS connector lead (main cable)?
Have you taken a look or had any experience with this: http://www.techflex.com/prod_pet.asp
This comes in several colors and a good number of sizes.post #5802 of 602012/5/12 at 11:39am
I just ordered the Canare L-4E5AT and the 6mm sleeve (and 4 mm sleeve). I'm not even really sure how well it will fit. I figure this stuff is fairly trial and error. I mostly concerned this sleeving will be too "plastic-y."
I believe he used the same cable all the way up but he used 3mm paracord (the 'denim' color) on the leads.post #5803 of 602012/5/12 at 12:51pm
If anyone is interested in an HD600 headband cushion to use with their HE-400's, i have one unopened that i will send to someone for free. I've decided that i'm going to be sending back my 400's so i'll have no use for this, first person to send me their info can have it.post #5804 of 602012/5/12 at 12:53pm
- New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Thanks to those pesky bugs, small further... 7 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 7 minutes ago
- › RBH EP2 -- are these really "the best $200 earphones"? 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)