Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 8/14/12 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review Last post on Yesterday at 8:03 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for folk in the $200 range. Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 387
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5792 of 601912/4/12 at 8:04pm
Works for some tracks better then others.
Akcent - Jokero sounded "off" and wrong imo.
But T-Pain - 5 o clock in the morning sounded better with it on.
I'll keep it around, thanks.post #5793 of 601912/4/12 at 9:12pm
From what I've heard and read, coax and s/pdif are better suited to tranfer audio data than 2.0 USB. USB can has a higher propensity to lose quality if data sychronization is restricted. That's why a lot of good DACs allow asychronous transfer so the data inflow isn't limited to a certain speed. Coax and s/pdif carry audio-only information, thus having better isolation from PC noise.post #5794 of 601912/4/12 at 10:02pmpost #5795 of 601912/4/12 at 10:17pmQuote:
+1 on the velour pads attracting dustpost #5796 of 601912/5/12 at 5:17ampost #5797 of 601912/5/12 at 5:46amQuote:
Thanks for the feedback. What parts sounded wrong, the vocals or the overall sound?
It's definitely still a work in progress. I was planning on doing some more testing with it tonight.post #5798 of 601912/5/12 at 6:39amGonna have to contact Head-Direct. It seems the drivers are mismatched in the frequencies. Definitely getting more bass on the right driver. No matter how I slice it, it's obvious. Whether I flip (right driver on the left ear), swap cables... right driver is always more impactful. Sigh.... damn it, I don't wanna be without them for weeks on end.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/5/12 at 6:45ampost #5799 of 601912/5/12 at 8:20ampost #5800 of 601912/5/12 at 11:08amQuote:
Hey there, he and I have exchanged several PMs about this. We're thinking this would actually fit the cable better and I think we're both going to try it. This seller has other sizes as well like 4mm for the two leads to the earcups. Keep in mind we're not really sure how this product will feel/look yet. He used Mogami 2893 cable.post #5801 of 601912/5/12 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by FuzzyD
Hey there, he and I have exchanged several PMs about this. We're thinking this would actually fit the cable better and I think we're both going to try it. This seller has other sizes as well like 4mm for the two leads to the earcups. Keep in mind we're not really sure how this product will feel/look yet. He used Mogami 2893 cable.
The 6mm might fit the Mogami 2534 better since that cable overall diameter is .236", whereas the Mogami 2893 is .189", in which the 4mm would be a great fit. Did he use different size Mogami cable for the earcup leads vs the TRS connector lead (main cable)?
Have you taken a look or had any experience with this: http://www.techflex.com/prod_pet.asp
This comes in several colors and a good number of sizes.post #5802 of 601912/5/12 at 11:39am
I just ordered the Canare L-4E5AT and the 6mm sleeve (and 4 mm sleeve). I'm not even really sure how well it will fit. I figure this stuff is fairly trial and error. I mostly concerned this sleeving will be too "plastic-y."
I believe he used the same cable all the way up but he used 3mm paracord (the 'denim' color) on the leads.post #5803 of 601912/5/12 at 12:51pm
If anyone is interested in an HD600 headband cushion to use with their HE-400's, i have one unopened that i will send to someone for free. I've decided that i'm going to be sending back my 400's so i'll have no use for this, first person to send me their info can have it.post #5804 of 601912/5/12 at 12:53pm
- New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 18 seconds ago
- › [The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp 38 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica's Take on the Microdriver: ATH-CKN50 and CKN70 50 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 58 seconds ago
- › Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones... 1 minute ago
- › Rollover Ads 1 minute ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 2 minutes ago
- › SHOW US YOUR WOODY! 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 mk1; ULTRASONE PRO750 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe