Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review Last post on 6/1/13 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for folk in the $200 range. Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 387
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5792 of 602012/4/12 at 8:04pm
Works for some tracks better then others.
Akcent - Jokero sounded "off" and wrong imo.
But T-Pain - 5 o clock in the morning sounded better with it on.
I'll keep it around, thanks.post #5793 of 602012/4/12 at 9:12pm
From what I've heard and read, coax and s/pdif are better suited to tranfer audio data than 2.0 USB. USB can has a higher propensity to lose quality if data sychronization is restricted. That's why a lot of good DACs allow asychronous transfer so the data inflow isn't limited to a certain speed. Coax and s/pdif carry audio-only information, thus having better isolation from PC noise.post #5794 of 602012/4/12 at 10:02pmpost #5795 of 602012/4/12 at 10:17pmQuote:
+1 on the velour pads attracting dustpost #5796 of 602012/5/12 at 5:17ampost #5797 of 602012/5/12 at 5:46amQuote:
Thanks for the feedback. What parts sounded wrong, the vocals or the overall sound?
It's definitely still a work in progress. I was planning on doing some more testing with it tonight.post #5798 of 602012/5/12 at 6:39amGonna have to contact Head-Direct. It seems the drivers are mismatched in the frequencies. Definitely getting more bass on the right driver. No matter how I slice it, it's obvious. Whether I flip (right driver on the left ear), swap cables... right driver is always more impactful. Sigh.... damn it, I don't wanna be without them for weeks on end.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/5/12 at 6:45ampost #5799 of 602012/5/12 at 8:20ampost #5800 of 602012/5/12 at 11:08amQuote:
Hey there, he and I have exchanged several PMs about this. We're thinking this would actually fit the cable better and I think we're both going to try it. This seller has other sizes as well like 4mm for the two leads to the earcups. Keep in mind we're not really sure how this product will feel/look yet. He used Mogami 2893 cable.post #5801 of 602012/5/12 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by FuzzyD
Hey there, he and I have exchanged several PMs about this. We're thinking this would actually fit the cable better and I think we're both going to try it. This seller has other sizes as well like 4mm for the two leads to the earcups. Keep in mind we're not really sure how this product will feel/look yet. He used Mogami 2893 cable.
The 6mm might fit the Mogami 2534 better since that cable overall diameter is .236", whereas the Mogami 2893 is .189", in which the 4mm would be a great fit. Did he use different size Mogami cable for the earcup leads vs the TRS connector lead (main cable)?
Have you taken a look or had any experience with this: http://www.techflex.com/prod_pet.asp
This comes in several colors and a good number of sizes.post #5802 of 602012/5/12 at 11:39am
I just ordered the Canare L-4E5AT and the 6mm sleeve (and 4 mm sleeve). I'm not even really sure how well it will fit. I figure this stuff is fairly trial and error. I mostly concerned this sleeving will be too "plastic-y."
I believe he used the same cable all the way up but he used 3mm paracord (the 'denim' color) on the leads.post #5803 of 602012/5/12 at 12:51pm
If anyone is interested in an HD600 headband cushion to use with their HE-400's, i have one unopened that i will send to someone for free. I've decided that i'm going to be sending back my 400's so i'll have no use for this, first person to send me their info can have it.post #5804 of 602012/5/12 at 12:53pm
- New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . 12 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on the Sony MDR-XB90EX? 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Music on Foobar skipping? 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Hearthstone heroes, unite! 7 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)