Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 386

post #5776 of 6017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I broke one of the tabs and cursed myself for even bothering with this mod.

 

I bought 6 replacements, so if you're interested I can sell you one or two.

post #5777 of 6017
Hmm, possibly. PM me.
post #5778 of 6017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Looks very nice indeed. That cable is pure sex.

 

Yeah the little plastic ring is a bit finicky. You really gotta feel for how much it can take before it gives, in order to install/uninstall it with ease. I never have any trouble manipulating them, for instance.

 

My wife walked by when I was reading this, stopped and said " so a hp cable is sexy?" Of course not. These guys are just crazy, now you are a different story. Gotta think quick at my house. very_evil_smiley.gif (hope she doesn't walk back by). redface.gif

 

Oh, and that cable is dead sexy!!

post #5779 of 6017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Looks very nice indeed. That cable is pure sex.

 

Yeah the little plastic ring is a bit finicky. You really gotta feel for how much it can take before it gives, in order to install/uninstall it with ease. I never have any trouble manipulating them, for instance.

 

My wife walked by when I was reading this, stopped and said " so a hp cable is sexy?" Of course not. These guys are just crazy, now you are a different story. Gotta think quick at my house. very_evil_smiley.gif (hope she doesn't walk back by). redface.gif

 

Oh, and that cable is dead sexy!!


You are lucky that the response wasn't:

 

" Okay, then you can sleep with that cable tonight. "

post #5780 of 6017

Lol, that's some funny stuff.

post #5781 of 6017
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRagnarok View Post

I managed to break one of the 4 small tabs on BOTH of the grill rings while attempting the grill mod. DON'T try to pry them up from the inside edge...redface.gif They still fit, just not perfectly. I contacted head-direct.com and was able to order replacement rings though.

 

Here's the finished product. Looks just like jerg's.

 

 

It's not a huge difference in sound to me, but it's worth doing. It removes a little bit of the muffled/closed quality of the sound.

 

Looks great!  Where did you get your cable sleeving?

post #5782 of 6017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModMax View Post

 

Looks great!  Where did you get your cable sleeving?

 

eBay. The royal/black and denim.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150769374739

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160913822537

post #5783 of 6017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

 

My wife walked by when I was reading this, stopped and said "so a hp cable is sexy?"


I'll bet money that she didn't shorten "headphone" to "hp".

post #5784 of 6017

I have a question regarding the FiiO E17. My laptop has an SPDIF optical port. Should I be using that instead of the USB cable that I'm currently using? Does it matter?

post #5785 of 6017
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRagnarok View Post

I have a question regarding the FiiO E17. My laptop has an SPDIF optical port. Should I be using that instead of the USB cable that I'm currently using? Does it matter?

DAC engineers say that USB is capable of better performance.  However, in each case, the particular implementation can vary, so you can only tell for sure by comparing.  (And whatever FiiO recommends would be the way to go.)

post #5786 of 6017

If anyone is interested, I eyeballed a more flat EQ with electri-Q(using headphone.com measurements):

 

 

I'm liking it so far. Seems to clear things up a bit.

 

Here's a link to download if anyone is interested, let me know what you think: http://www.mediafire.com/?69z3ngg9aojxx80


Edited by chewy4 - 12/4/12 at 7:43pm
post #5787 of 6017
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy4 View Post

If anyone is interested, I eyeballed a more flat EQ with electri-Q(using headphone.com measurements):



I'm liking it so far. Seems to clear things up a bit.

Here's a link to download if anyone is interested, let me know what you think: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?qiit1badco3735d

The download is a picture?
post #5788 of 6017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post


The download is a picture?

Whoops, yes it is.

 

Fixed it now.

post #5789 of 6017
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy4 View Post

Whoops, yes it is.

Fixed it now.

Works for some tracks better then others.

Akcent - Jokero sounded "off" and wrong imo.

But T-Pain - 5 o clock in the morning sounded better with it on.

I'll keep it around, thanks.
post #5790 of 6017

From what I've heard and read, coax and s/pdif are better suited to tranfer audio data than 2.0 USB. USB can has a higher propensity to lose quality if data sychronization is restricted. That's why a lot of good DACs allow asychronous transfer so the data inflow isn't limited to a certain speed. Coax and s/pdif carry audio-only information, thus having better isolation from PC noise. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out