Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 373

post #5581 of 6020
That is what I was thinking about too, but the weight on the HE500 scares me.
post #5582 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

That is what I was thinking about too, but the weight on the HE500 scares me.

If HE400's weight isn't an issue, nor should HE500's. It feels a bit heavier but not prohibitively so.

post #5583 of 6020
I would appreciate it if someone can help me out with my questions over in the other HE400 thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-review/2595#post_8898636

Thanks.
post #5584 of 6020
Still, that price is prohibitive on the HE500.
Jerg, how do you safely remove and reattach the HE400 grills? I wanna hear the difference.
post #5585 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by clem84 View Post

I need a new receiver for my home theater. The one I have is like 20 years old :). No joke. The primary uses for the headphones/receiver I'll be buying are console gaming and movies, and it's for the living room. I'm not even sure what a JDS labs ODAC is and what it's supposed to do :). At this point I'm leaning more toward the Yamaha RX-A720 and Hifiman 400. The only question I had is whether or not an amp would have made a noticable improvement in my setup, enough to warrant the purchase. Apparantly that's not the case. I haven't completely made up my mind yet. I'm still looking. Thanks for the suggestions though, always appreciated.

This is the ODAC. http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=46

The amp will make a noticeable difference, and it's probably going to be the most noticeable improvement after getting the headphones. The DAC, I think, is the second most noticeable upgrade. We also like the velour earpads that HiFiMan sells for $10 over the pleather ones that come with the headphones. You definitely should get a new receiver if your old one is that old, but unless you have an amazing surround sound setup, getting an expensive receiver isn't going to do much. It probably won't make the headphones sound better, at least significantly.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

post #5586 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 I could make sweeping claims about how all american music has no actual content, or how European music is utter trash. That's simply not true. Can you not say that there are overproduced, visual-heavy aspects in any other country's music? 

 

I actually wouldn't mind if you categorized american POP as trashy and overproduced.  That's for the most part pretty true.  Are you saying that every piece of music coming out of korea is kpop?  

post #5587 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

 

I actually wouldn't mind if you categorized american POP as trashy and overproduced.  That's for the most part pretty true.  Are you saying that every piece of music coming out of korea is kpop?  

Obviously, korean rock or metal (maybe aside from stuff like FT Island and CNBLUE) wouldn't be KPop. I'm just referring to KPop from the pop aspect. Not including folk, jazz, and the likes (where they have a surprisingly well-developed, interesting, and innovative scene). Are you saying that every piece of american pop is trashy and overproduced?

post #5588 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Do we really need to bring this up again? You're basically putting down an entire culture's music by overgeneralizing. I could make sweeping claims about how all american music has no actual content, or how European music is utter trash. That's simply not true. Can you not say that there are overproduced, visual-heavy aspects in any other country's music? What about all the other musically creative artists that you dismiss simply because they're categorized within a genre that you feel not worth your time? It's fun to be "edgy" and put down stuff just for the sake of feeling superior. It's also childish, insensitive, and you'd expect better on a public, international forum. 

To put it in audio terms, you'd be laughing at people who like headphones in general just because fashion-oriented headphones like Beats exist.

Go here. If you can honestly say that you find no musical or lyrical content worth your time in anything presented there...
Normally I'd agree wholeheartedly with a universal equality sort of viewpoint, but I think you're over-thinking the situation. I believe haquocdung was, essentially, just commenting on how pretty he thinks girls in average Kpop videos are. I know that's how I'd read the two preceding comments.
post #5589 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstige View Post


Normally I'd agree wholeheartedly with a universal equality sort of viewpoint, but I think you're over-thinking the situation. I believe haquocdung was, essentially, just commenting on how pretty he thinks girls in average Kpop videos are. I know that's how I'd read the two preceding comments.

Then in that case, I fully agree! 

 

I tend to take everything I read in the meanest and most sarcastic way possible though. 

post #5590 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Still, that price is prohibitive on the HE500.
Jerg, how do you safely remove and reattach the HE400 grills? I wanna hear the difference.

FS/T forum is your friend, gonna snipe that shiz yo.

 

As for the grills, they are just held down by the thin plastic ring which has 4 diagonally positioned little tabs which insert into slots on the cup. Just carefully wiggle out the plastic ring and the grill just pops out.

post #5591 of 6020
Yeah, but what do you mean by wiggle out? How do I get a firm enough grip to pop it out? Stick a pen in a hole?
post #5592 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Yeah, but what do you mean by wiggle out? How do I get a firm enough grip to pop it out? Stick a pen in a hole?

Try to wedge your fingertip/fingernail (depending on if you have a bit of fingernail or not) into the 12 oclock position and try to work your way to the tab to the left (at 10 oclock position) forcing it to pop out, after that the other tabs are each to get out.

post #5593 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Try to wedge your fingertip/fingernail (depending on if you have a bit of fingernail or not) into the 12 oclock position and try to work your way to the tab to the left (at 10 oclock position) forcing it to pop out, after that the other tabs are each to get out.

Between the blue and black? This sounds incredibly stupid, I know.

In any case, is it easy to snap back on?
post #5594 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Between the blue and black? This sounds incredibly stupid, I know.
In any case, is it easy to snap back on?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586828/hifiman-he-400-planar-headphones-pre-order/570#post_8074526

 

And if you can get it off, it's pretty self-intuitive to re-install it.

post #5595 of 6020
Geeze, got them out so easily, lol. Can't say I hear much of a difference, though. I'm surprised the bass is still as strong. I mean, it is a little better, but I'll stick to the stock grill and cloth for piece of mind and protection.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/25/12 at 10:33pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out