- 13,630 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review Last post on 6/1/13 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for folk in the $200 range. Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 373post #5581 of 601911/25/12 at 8:14pmThat is what I was thinking about too, but the weight on the HE500 scares me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5582 of 601911/25/12 at 8:26pmQuote:
If HE400's weight isn't an issue, nor should HE500's. It feels a bit heavier but not prohibitively so.post #5583 of 601911/25/12 at 8:44pmpost #5584 of 601911/25/12 at 8:45pmpost #5585 of 601911/25/12 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by clem84
I need a new receiver for my home theater. The one I have is like 20 years old :). No joke. The primary uses for the headphones/receiver I'll be buying are console gaming and movies, and it's for the living room. I'm not even sure what a JDS labs ODAC is and what it's supposed to do :). At this point I'm leaning more toward the Yamaha RX-A720 and Hifiman 400. The only question I had is whether or not an amp would have made a noticable improvement in my setup, enough to warrant the purchase. Apparantly that's not the case. I haven't completely made up my mind yet. I'm still looking. Thanks for the suggestions though, always appreciated.
This is the ODAC. http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=46
The amp will make a noticeable difference, and it's probably going to be the most noticeable improvement after getting the headphones. The DAC, I think, is the second most noticeable upgrade. We also like the velour earpads that HiFiMan sells for $10 over the pleather ones that come with the headphones. You definitely should get a new receiver if your old one is that old, but unless you have an amazing surround sound setup, getting an expensive receiver isn't going to do much. It probably won't make the headphones sound better, at least significantly.
Correct me if I'm wrong guys.post #5586 of 601911/25/12 at 9:15pmQuote:
I actually wouldn't mind if you categorized american POP as trashy and overproduced. That's for the most part pretty true. Are you saying that every piece of music coming out of korea is kpop?post #5587 of 601911/25/12 at 9:21pmQuote:
Obviously, korean rock or metal (maybe aside from stuff like FT Island and CNBLUE) wouldn't be KPop. I'm just referring to KPop from the pop aspect. Not including folk, jazz, and the likes (where they have a surprisingly well-developed, interesting, and innovative scene). Are you saying that every piece of american pop is trashy and overproduced?post #5588 of 601911/25/12 at 9:24pmQuote:Normally I'd agree wholeheartedly with a universal equality sort of viewpoint, but I think you're over-thinking the situation. I believe haquocdung was, essentially, just commenting on how pretty he thinks girls in average Kpop videos are. I know that's how I'd read the two preceding comments.Originally Posted by TwinQY
Do we really need to bring this up again? You're basically putting down an entire culture's music by overgeneralizing. I could make sweeping claims about how all american music has no actual content, or how European music is utter trash. That's simply not true. Can you not say that there are overproduced, visual-heavy aspects in any other country's music? What about all the other musically creative artists that you dismiss simply because they're categorized within a genre that you feel not worth your time? It's fun to be "edgy" and put down stuff just for the sake of feeling superior. It's also childish, insensitive, and you'd expect better on a public, international forum.
To put it in audio terms, you'd be laughing at people who like headphones in general just because fashion-oriented headphones like Beats exist.
Go here. If you can honestly say that you find no musical or lyrical content worth your time in anything presented there...post #5589 of 601911/25/12 at 9:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by soundstige
Normally I'd agree wholeheartedly with a universal equality sort of viewpoint, but I think you're over-thinking the situation. I believe haquocdung was, essentially, just commenting on how pretty he thinks girls in average Kpop videos are. I know that's how I'd read the two preceding comments.
Then in that case, I fully agree!
I tend to take everything I read in the meanest and most sarcastic way possible though.post #5590 of 601911/25/12 at 9:35pmQuote:
FS/T forum is your friend, gonna snipe that shiz yo.
As for the grills, they are just held down by the thin plastic ring which has 4 diagonally positioned little tabs which insert into slots on the cup. Just carefully wiggle out the plastic ring and the grill just pops out.post #5591 of 601911/25/12 at 9:41pmpost #5592 of 601911/25/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
Try to wedge your fingertip/fingernail (depending on if you have a bit of fingernail or not) into the 12 oclock position and try to work your way to the tab to the left (at 10 oclock position) forcing it to pop out, after that the other tabs are each to get out.post #5593 of 601911/25/12 at 9:47pmQuote:
Between the blue and black? This sounds incredibly stupid, I know.
In any case, is it easy to snap back on?post #5594 of 601911/25/12 at 10:14pmQuote:
And if you can get it off, it's pretty self-intuitive to re-install it.post #5595 of 601911/25/12 at 10:23pmGeeze, got them out so easily, lol. Can't say I hear much of a difference, though. I'm surprised the bass is still as strong. I mean, it is a little better, but I'll stick to the stock grill and cloth for piece of mind and protection.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/25/12 at 10:33pm
- New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › [TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread -... 27 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR 1-R MK2 VS Audio Technica ATH-M50X 1 minute ago
- › Whiplash Audio TWAg v2 Eclipse: iDevide 30 pin to USB and 3.5mm... 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 3 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 6 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob