- 13,859 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review Last post on 6/1/13 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for folk in the $200 range. Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400 Last post on 12/9/13 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 373post #5581 of 602011/25/12 at 8:14pmThat is what I was thinking about too, but the weight on the HE500 scares me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5582 of 602011/25/12 at 8:26pmQuote:
If HE400's weight isn't an issue, nor should HE500's. It feels a bit heavier but not prohibitively so.post #5583 of 602011/25/12 at 8:44pmpost #5584 of 602011/25/12 at 8:45pmpost #5585 of 602011/25/12 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by clem84
I need a new receiver for my home theater. The one I have is like 20 years old :). No joke. The primary uses for the headphones/receiver I'll be buying are console gaming and movies, and it's for the living room. I'm not even sure what a JDS labs ODAC is and what it's supposed to do :). At this point I'm leaning more toward the Yamaha RX-A720 and Hifiman 400. The only question I had is whether or not an amp would have made a noticable improvement in my setup, enough to warrant the purchase. Apparantly that's not the case. I haven't completely made up my mind yet. I'm still looking. Thanks for the suggestions though, always appreciated.
This is the ODAC. http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=46
The amp will make a noticeable difference, and it's probably going to be the most noticeable improvement after getting the headphones. The DAC, I think, is the second most noticeable upgrade. We also like the velour earpads that HiFiMan sells for $10 over the pleather ones that come with the headphones. You definitely should get a new receiver if your old one is that old, but unless you have an amazing surround sound setup, getting an expensive receiver isn't going to do much. It probably won't make the headphones sound better, at least significantly.
Correct me if I'm wrong guys.post #5586 of 602011/25/12 at 9:15pmQuote:
I actually wouldn't mind if you categorized american POP as trashy and overproduced. That's for the most part pretty true. Are you saying that every piece of music coming out of korea is kpop?post #5587 of 602011/25/12 at 9:21pmQuote:
Obviously, korean rock or metal (maybe aside from stuff like FT Island and CNBLUE) wouldn't be KPop. I'm just referring to KPop from the pop aspect. Not including folk, jazz, and the likes (where they have a surprisingly well-developed, interesting, and innovative scene). Are you saying that every piece of american pop is trashy and overproduced?post #5588 of 602011/25/12 at 9:24pmQuote:Normally I'd agree wholeheartedly with a universal equality sort of viewpoint, but I think you're over-thinking the situation. I believe haquocdung was, essentially, just commenting on how pretty he thinks girls in average Kpop videos are. I know that's how I'd read the two preceding comments.Originally Posted by TwinQY
Do we really need to bring this up again? You're basically putting down an entire culture's music by overgeneralizing. I could make sweeping claims about how all american music has no actual content, or how European music is utter trash. That's simply not true. Can you not say that there are overproduced, visual-heavy aspects in any other country's music? What about all the other musically creative artists that you dismiss simply because they're categorized within a genre that you feel not worth your time? It's fun to be "edgy" and put down stuff just for the sake of feeling superior. It's also childish, insensitive, and you'd expect better on a public, international forum.
To put it in audio terms, you'd be laughing at people who like headphones in general just because fashion-oriented headphones like Beats exist.
Go here. If you can honestly say that you find no musical or lyrical content worth your time in anything presented there...post #5589 of 602011/25/12 at 9:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by soundstige
Normally I'd agree wholeheartedly with a universal equality sort of viewpoint, but I think you're over-thinking the situation. I believe haquocdung was, essentially, just commenting on how pretty he thinks girls in average Kpop videos are. I know that's how I'd read the two preceding comments.
Then in that case, I fully agree!
I tend to take everything I read in the meanest and most sarcastic way possible though.post #5590 of 602011/25/12 at 9:35pmQuote:
FS/T forum is your friend, gonna snipe that shiz yo.
As for the grills, they are just held down by the thin plastic ring which has 4 diagonally positioned little tabs which insert into slots on the cup. Just carefully wiggle out the plastic ring and the grill just pops out.post #5591 of 602011/25/12 at 9:41pmpost #5592 of 602011/25/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
Try to wedge your fingertip/fingernail (depending on if you have a bit of fingernail or not) into the 12 oclock position and try to work your way to the tab to the left (at 10 oclock position) forcing it to pop out, after that the other tabs are each to get out.post #5593 of 602011/25/12 at 9:47pmQuote:
Between the blue and black? This sounds incredibly stupid, I know.
In any case, is it easy to snap back on?post #5594 of 602011/25/12 at 10:14pmQuote:
And if you can get it off, it's pretty self-intuitive to re-install it.post #5595 of 602011/25/12 at 10:23pmGeeze, got them out so easily, lol. Can't say I hear much of a difference, though. I'm surprised the bass is still as strong. I mean, it is a little better, but I'll stick to the stock grill and cloth for piece of mind and protection.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/25/12 at 10:33pm
- New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 10 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 47 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Central Florida Mini Meet Confirmed Sat. July 26, 2014 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)