New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FAQ About E17 - Page 4

post #46 of 159
Hi

I have the E17 & E9 combo with optical connected to my acer 8940 (spdif). If I play 96hz files it doesn´t show on the display (always 48k - 16 bit). When i connect the USB it shows ...96K - 24 bit
Strange ... is this PC related or Fiio ?

...or am I forgetting something to adjust - thanks
post #47 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddytejero View Post

Hi
I have the E17 & E9 combo with optical connected to my acer 8940 (spdif). If I play 96hz files it doesn´t show on the display (always 48k - 16 bit). When i connect the USB it shows ...96K - 24 bit
Strange ... is this PC related or Fiio ?
...or am I forgetting something to adjust - thanks

 

you need to check the setup of the music player in your laptop or the audio setup of it. 

post #48 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

Re:

 

E7/E17 can be recharge when there are power supply or the USB power, it does matter whether the E9 power on or off. 

 

You can buy a L7 and connect  to E17, and them connect the line out signal from E17 to any other amp you like.

 

You mention that with the L7, the line-out signal is sent to whatever amp.  Is there actually a way to do that like you mentioned there's an option for this when connected to the E9?  As it is for me now, only the Pre-amp signal can be sent. 

 

Speaking of that, relative volume also transfers through the line out.  Mainly, this makes me question how this whole thing works.  Are all the pre-amp and volume adjustments digital (software based) in contrast to e.g., the FiiO E11, where all the adjustments are hardware based?  I thought that the only digital portion of this whole thing was the interface. 

 

That said, as a specific example, would a +6dB bass gain on the E17 be achieved in the same way as on the E11 set to EQ2 with the physical switch? 

post #49 of 159

Q: I've just bought the E17. I used it with my J3 and the cable provided with the E17 (that makes amping of the J3 possible - double amping I think it has been called) does not connect to the E17 well at all and frequently cuts out one channel if it's given the slightest bump. The owner of the shop pointed this out to me and showed me how the plug doesn't go in completely flush against the E17. Can this be remedied with a higher quality connector?
 

post #50 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

Q: I've just bought the E17. I used it with my J3 and the cable provided with the E17 (that makes amping of the J3 possible - double amping I think it has been called) does not connect to the E17 well at all and frequently cuts out one channel if it's given the slightest bump. The owner of the shop pointed this out to me and showed me how the plug doesn't go in completely flush against the E17. Can this be remedied with a higher quality connector?
 

 

Not sure, but you'd better try another 3.5mm cable, or try to connect the E17 to your PC, or other audio device to see where is the problem.
post #51 of 159

Thanks for the response - it was a user error issue. The cable that came with it is fine and I'm really enjoying it - keep up the great work.

post #52 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

Thanks for the response - it was a user error issue. The cable that came with it is fine and I'm really enjoying it - keep up the great work.

 

Sorry for the late reply because I am busy in some other work. our business growing too fast.

post #53 of 159

Another quickie: Can the E17 connect to a small set of speakers via the line out if it's hooked up to a laptop?

post #54 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

Another quickie: Can the E17 connect to a small set of speakers via the line out if it's hooked up to a laptop?

 

 

Yes, connect our L7 to the dock of E17, the line out signal will be outputted from the 3.5mm socket in L7.

post #55 of 159

OK got it and thanks - I think it says the same in the manual which I should have checked first. I'm considering buying the new E09K that the E17 can dock into if I can find one in Saigon.
 

post #56 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

OK got it and thanks - I think it says the same in the manual which I should have checked first. I'm considering buying the new E09K that the E17 can dock into if I can find one in Saigon.
 

 

Good idea, just contact the local dealer, or you can pre order one and them they will purchase from us.

post #57 of 159

Hi, I just recieved my e17 some days ago. Whenever I plug it into my pc (windows7) the only ONE setting that works is 16 bit 44100 hz. If I change it to anything lower or higher my computer will crash and give me blue screen of death. I really need help fixing this problem. Ive tried alot of stuff to try and get it working but I still keep getting BSOD -.-

I would be so freaking happy if there was a way to make it work higher bitrate without getting BSOD.

post #58 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperdotant View Post

Hi, I just recieved my e17 some days ago. Whenever I plug it into my pc (windows7) the only ONE setting that works is 16 bit 44100 hz. If I change it to anything lower or higher my computer will crash and give me blue screen of death. I really need help fixing this problem. Ive tried alot of stuff to try and get it working but I still keep getting BSOD -.-

I would be so freaking happy if there was a way to make it work higher bitrate without getting BSOD.

"Welcome to head fi! Sorry about your wallet"

 

There could be many reasons but first try this with two other computers. Try it fully, as in try 96KHz through Windows or Mac Audio Midi setup settings as well if you have a Mac. This is to root out if it is device or computer problem.

 

At the moment, you could try

uninstalling the E17 USB driver in device manager WARNING. If you have no idea what this is, don't attempt it. Uninstalling the wrong thing will cause massive system failure. It is not as scary for advanced users..as you know which ones not to touch and generally the device will give you the full name.

 

Installing the updated or newest audio, or USB(Southbridge) driver. Warning, this may also cause errors if not done right or if the driver has problems.

post #59 of 159

I'm sorry that I ask technically involved questions but isn't that the point?  Questions like "what's the right kind of cable for the S/PDIF input" can easily be figured out.  Can somebody please help me?  It's getting a bit frustrating being ignored as there are other questions I've asked elsewhere, this being the simplest to explain...  If there's something I'm missing which I very well may be, could someone fill me in?  Thank you.

post #60 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon859 View Post

I'm sorry that I ask technically involved questions but isn't that the point?  Questions like "what's the right kind of cable for the S/PDIF input" can easily be figured out.  Can somebody please help me?  It's getting a bit frustrating being ignored as there are other questions I've asked elsewhere, this being the simplest to explain...  If there's something I'm missing which I very well may be, could someone fill me in?  Thank you.

 

About the S/PDIF input, you can use a 3.5mm to RCA coaxial cable. or a optical cable to connect E17 to any audio device which have S/PDIF output. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO