New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FAQ About E17 - Page 3

post #31 of 163

I'm gonna ask a Nube question. As I'm a Nube.

 

The Fiio E17 was recommended to me on a Thread I posted about IEM's and a less than $150 Amp for my iTouch.

 

So, my NUBE question is: 1) Will the E17 work with my iTouch?

                                       2) If so, Is it best to use the Headphone Jack out and into the E17. Or,the Fiio L9 iPod Connector cable.

                                       3) What is the sound benefit of using a iPod Connector cable vs a Headphone Male to Male cable into a amp?

 

Thanks for understanding my Nubishness questions. Everyone has to start somewhere. This is my start. Thanks in advance.

post #32 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill Killer View Post

I'm gonna ask a Nube question. As I'm a Nube.

 

The Fiio E17 was recommended to me on a Thread I posted about IEM's and a less than $150 Amp for my iTouch.

 

So, my NUBE question is: 1) Will the E17 work with my iTouch?

 

Yes,

                                       2) If so, Is it best to use the Headphone Jack out and into the E17. Or,the Fiio L9 iPod Connector cable.

 

L9 will help you get best SQ from line out of the dock connector.

 

                                       3) What is the sound benefit of using a iPod Connector cable vs a Headphone Male to Male cable into a amp?

 

The line out usually have less distortion .

 

Thanks for understanding my Nubishness questions. Everyone has to start somewhere. This is my start. Thanks in advance.



 

post #33 of 163
Is it safe to charge the Alpen from a mains usb? I have 2 old motorola phone chargers that can output 5V/550mA or 5V/850mA?

If it is safe will it charge quicker?

Thanks.
post #34 of 163
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidster View Post

Is it safe to charge the Alpen from a mains usb? I have 2 old motorola phone chargers that can output 5V/550mA or 5V/850mA?
If it is safe will it charge quicker?
Thanks.

 

Yes, it is safe, and it will be quicker than charged than by PC/LAPTOP

post #35 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidster View Post

Is it safe to charge the Alpen from a mains usb? I have 2 old motorola phone chargers that can output 5V/550mA or 5V/850mA?
If it is safe will it charge quicker?
Thanks.

 

Yes, it is safe, and it will be quicker than charged than by PC/LAPTOP


I tried it yesterday. After an hour or so the red ring around on/off button faded to a weak light. I panicked and unplugged the charger. When i tried to turn the amp on it wouldnt work! I managed to get it working again by pressing the reset button but i dont intend to try it again! Is that normal?
post #36 of 163
Thread Starter 

Are you sure your old moto phone chargers is original and the output voltage is 5V?

post #37 of 163

I recently bought an E17 and then, shortly after, the L7 line out connector so that I can use the set up both with my IEMs (using the E17 only) and with my home amp/speakers (using the L7 line out).  So far I'm very happy with it all. :)  A couple of questions though:

 

1) When I use the L7 to obtain the line out signal, I find that the volume setting on the E17 affects the signal level.  Is this normal/intended?  I haven't encountered a line out previously that does this.  I've been setting the volume to maximum (60) when using the line out, and then controlling the final output level using my home amp.

 

2) When using my IEMs directly with the E17, I need to reduce the volume to something closer to 20.  However, if I've just unplugged from my home amp, the level has to be manually reduced from 60 to 20, and I run the risk of forgetting to do this prior to plugging in my IEMs (obvious potential negative consequences for my eardrums and IEMs).  Is it possible to set different output levels for the headphone jack and the line out?  That would be ideal! :)

 

Thanks in advance for your insight.

 

Jeremy.

post #38 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerpol View Post

I recently bought an E17 and then, shortly after, the L7 line out connector so that I can use the set up both with my IEMs (using the E17 only) and with my home amp/speakers (using the L7 line out).  So far I'm very happy with it all. :)  A couple of questions though:

 

1) When I use the L7 to obtain the line out signal, I find that the volume setting on the E17 affects the signal level.  Is this normal/intended?  I haven't encountered a line out previously that does this.  I've been setting the volume to maximum (60) when using the line out, and then controlling the final output level using my home amp.

 

You can set the LO bypass to ON, so the line out level will be fixed. but when you set the line out to fixed level, the EQ will not work on the output signal.

 

2) When using my IEMs directly with the E17, I need to reduce the volume to something closer to 20.  However, if I've just unplugged from my home amp, the level has to be manually reduced from 60 to 20, and I run the risk of forgetting to do this prior to plugging in my IEMs (obvious potential negative consequences for my eardrums and IEMs).  Is it possible to set different output levels for the headphone jack and the line out?  That would be ideal! :)

 

It can be solved by set the LO Bypass to ON.

 

Thanks in advance for your insight.

 

Jeremy.

post #39 of 163

Tested the LO Bypass suggestion tonight; worked perfectly. :)

 

Just as some general feedback, some clearer instructions with the unit on the function of the LO Bypass and other features would be handy.  I (mistakenly) interpreted LO Bypass to mean some form of low bypass filter instead of Line Out Bypass.  Possibly others may do the same.

 

Thanks for your help!

 

Jeremy.

post #40 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerpol View Post

Tested the LO Bypass suggestion tonight; worked perfectly. :)

 

Just as some general feedback, some clearer instructions with the unit on the function of the LO Bypass and other features would be handy.  I (mistakenly) interpreted LO Bypass to mean some form of low bypass filter instead of Line Out Bypass.  Possibly others may do the same.

 

Thanks for your help!

 

Jeremy.

 

It is my pleasure to help you and thank for your encourage!

post #41 of 163

Hi Feiao

 

Can you please advise what voltage the E17 line out runs at through the L7?

 

Thank you
 

post #42 of 163
Thread Starter 

The output voltage is: 

 

1.55 Vrms, LO BYPASS ON, 

 

1.90 Vrms, LO BYPASS OFF

post #43 of 163

Thank you :)
 

post #44 of 163

Hi feiao,

 

I bought the e17 and so far it has worked smoothly between my windows 7 desktop and my macbook pro.

 

However I recently tried to connect it to my macbook pro while in bootcamp running windows 7.

 

When it connects it starts to install the drivers but then it fails and cannot install the drivers on the computer.

 

Why is this happening and how can I fix it.

 

Thank you.

post #45 of 163
Thread Starter 

unplug the E17 , and try to remove the driver first , connect E17 again to see if the system can automatic reinstall the driver.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO