- 29,983 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Panda Sanctuary
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO EO9K Dock for E17 In-Stock Today at HeadRoom Last post on 9/20/12 at 3:47pm in HeadRoom Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fiio E18 Last post on Today at 9:35 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 Silicone Case? Last post on 7/25/13 at 2:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
FAQ About E17 - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Even with usb chg off, the E17 still requires power from the phone to support it. There are some work arounds where you can trick the phone into supporting E17 through some otg host type of methods. For more info. Check the last 10 pages of the E17 review thread by clieos
you mean like what I did?
-Yes finally my cable came in today! (after 25 days OMG!)
-Flashed this kernel - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2181820&highlight=nexus+4
-Already had USB audio recorder trial.
-started UsbAudioTesterROOT app, chose USB device 2:2 (it will be showing as Fiio E17 DAC)
-Apply all settings, start USB audio recorder pro and...
-Bam I confirm that NEXUS 4 4.2.2 (rooted with PA HALO ROM+and said kernel flashed) is compatible with Fiio E17's DAC function
calling DanBa - Please update the list that the Nexus 4 can support USB audio out and it is compatible with Fiio E17 DAC
Nexus 4 = Fiio E17 DAC
Can't believe google missed and skipped out this feature compared to major manufacturers, it should ideally be an out of the box feature as it is a Nexus device.
Will post audio setup soon...
yep it sure does, its not cheating per se but a genius workaround by some XDA members(credits to them), USB audio out is supported by other brands but in the Nexus 4 it was disabled intentionally I guess (maybe by LG or Google itself) but I forgot to mention that once you are good to go when selecting the size buffer, and choosing 96khz and 24bit output, the song playing would go at a fast pitch level (is that term correct when the song normally goes 2-3 times faster than the normal way?) so hopefully I hope it is not the 16bit/44.1khz limitation thats plaguing this symptom...
Ive got a setup working for USB Digital audio out on my nexus4->E7, by running Ziddeys custom OTG kernel and Jacknorris' USB audio patch.
Unfortunately the same setup doesnt work at all using my E17. The DAC seems to register being plugged into the phone and the phones media player reacts to the DAC by disabling the speaker and pausing the currently playing track, but sound comes form the DAC.
Im guessing that theres some difference in the way the E7 and E17 work over USB?
Does anyone know if this is the case?
Does it have to be wolfson?
Yeah, you are looking for a Desktop amp/DAC. There are hundreds to thousands of them
Check out these two lists.
Just got an E17 Alpen and love it so far.
I have an iPhone 5, and I am using the L9 cable with an Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter for the line-out signal from the iPhone, and it works great.
So, no problems so far working with an iPhone 5, just need to get an adapter for the Lightning connection.
I have been playing around with the various sound configurations, gain, treble, bass, etc. and have not settled on a standard setup yet. I have also been running it from the usb input from my desktop PC to listen to some of my lossless music files through Foobar - again good results.
very very few difference because the OLED only consume a little power
Thx for the reply. 1 more question.
I have the e17+L7 and i'm using it with active speakers, what gain setting should l i use?
I have both e7 and e17 and love them. I would like to connect the e17 to my pre-amp/amp analog stereo system and send bluetooth streaming music from my dell x51v pda (wav/flac/mp3 music) using the A2DP format. Have you developed or considered such a A2DP device to receive BT as digital input into the USB input of the e7/e17?
Obviously other converters are out there but I would like to keep the quality of your D/A-preamp system to my high end analog setup.
There are a lot of older pdas (dells and hp's) that can do this with upgrades to wm6.1/.5 etc. It could also be used with all the new android and apple phones/tablets etc. Many like me would like the extra quality that fiio brings to the table. thanks in advance for your insight.
- FAQ About E17
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 24 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 45 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Any Grado sound like IEM that you can recommend? 1 minute ago
- › No diffence in sound quality with amp 1 minute ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 2 minutes ago
- › 2013 Hi-Fi Christmas Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 vs One Custom Pro? 5 minutes ago
- › Sound card or amp/dac for Pc 350 se 8 minutes ago
- › Soundcard + Headphones Amplifier for DT-990 Pro - 250 Ohm 8 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Is There Gold in the Black-Sand Beaches of... by kaitlynhanson
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude