- 32,411 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Panda Sanctuary
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO EO9K Dock for E17 In-Stock Today at HeadRoom Last post on 9/20/12 at 3:47pm in HeadRoom Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fiio E18 Last post on Today at 2:59 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 Silicone Case? Last post on 7/25/13 at 2:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
FAQ About E17 - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Even with usb chg off, the E17 still requires power from the phone to support it. There are some work arounds where you can trick the phone into supporting E17 through some otg host type of methods. For more info. Check the last 10 pages of the E17 review thread by clieos
you mean like what I did?
-Yes finally my cable came in today! (after 25 days OMG!)
-Flashed this kernel - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2181820&highlight=nexus+4
-Already had USB audio recorder trial.
-started UsbAudioTesterROOT app, chose USB device 2:2 (it will be showing as Fiio E17 DAC)
-Apply all settings, start USB audio recorder pro and...
-Bam I confirm that NEXUS 4 4.2.2 (rooted with PA HALO ROM+and said kernel flashed) is compatible with Fiio E17's DAC function
calling DanBa - Please update the list that the Nexus 4 can support USB audio out and it is compatible with Fiio E17 DAC
Nexus 4 = Fiio E17 DAC
Can't believe google missed and skipped out this feature compared to major manufacturers, it should ideally be an out of the box feature as it is a Nexus device.
Will post audio setup soon...
yep it sure does, its not cheating per se but a genius workaround by some XDA members(credits to them), USB audio out is supported by other brands but in the Nexus 4 it was disabled intentionally I guess (maybe by LG or Google itself) but I forgot to mention that once you are good to go when selecting the size buffer, and choosing 96khz and 24bit output, the song playing would go at a fast pitch level (is that term correct when the song normally goes 2-3 times faster than the normal way?) so hopefully I hope it is not the 16bit/44.1khz limitation thats plaguing this symptom...
Ive got a setup working for USB Digital audio out on my nexus4->E7, by running Ziddeys custom OTG kernel and Jacknorris' USB audio patch.
Unfortunately the same setup doesnt work at all using my E17. The DAC seems to register being plugged into the phone and the phones media player reacts to the DAC by disabling the speaker and pausing the currently playing track, but sound comes form the DAC.
Im guessing that theres some difference in the way the E7 and E17 work over USB?
Does anyone know if this is the case?
Does it have to be wolfson?
Yeah, you are looking for a Desktop amp/DAC. There are hundreds to thousands of them
Check out these two lists.
Just got an E17 Alpen and love it so far.
I have an iPhone 5, and I am using the L9 cable with an Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter for the line-out signal from the iPhone, and it works great.
So, no problems so far working with an iPhone 5, just need to get an adapter for the Lightning connection.
I have been playing around with the various sound configurations, gain, treble, bass, etc. and have not settled on a standard setup yet. I have also been running it from the usb input from my desktop PC to listen to some of my lossless music files through Foobar - again good results.
very very few difference because the OLED only consume a little power
Thx for the reply. 1 more question.
I have the e17+L7 and i'm using it with active speakers, what gain setting should l i use?
I have both e7 and e17 and love them. I would like to connect the e17 to my pre-amp/amp analog stereo system and send bluetooth streaming music from my dell x51v pda (wav/flac/mp3 music) using the A2DP format. Have you developed or considered such a A2DP device to receive BT as digital input into the USB input of the e7/e17?
Obviously other converters are out there but I would like to keep the quality of your D/A-preamp system to my high end analog setup.
There are a lot of older pdas (dells and hp's) that can do this with upgrades to wm6.1/.5 etc. It could also be used with all the new android and apple phones/tablets etc. Many like me would like the extra quality that fiio brings to the table. thanks in advance for your insight.
- FAQ About E17
- › Chord Hugo 37 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 42 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones, no amp, no budget 1 minute ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 1 minute ago
- › how is spacial imaging increased for iems? 2 minutes ago
- › New Tool album is complete according to Adam Jones! 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude