- 553 Posts. Joined 5/2005
- Location: Lynnfield, MA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered a 'audiofile headphone... Last post on 9/10/14 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Irish Still Make Headphones? Last post on 9/2/14 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on Yesterday at 4:36 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Foobar 2k -> ASIO -> X-Fi Titanium HD -> Little Dot MK III with Mullard 8100 tubes -> HD800 with stock cable (brand new)
The tube amp manages to sweeten a bit the coldness of the Titanium HD + the natural cold nature of the HD800.
Great for games, OK for movies and somewhat manageable for music (but not after 4+ hours of listening)
Overall great soundstage, fast and "electrostatic" bass.
I'm gathering some cash to purchase a Burson DA-160 and later on a WA2 amp.
FLAC -> Cardas Clear USB Cable -> Burson DA-160 DAC -> Nordost Blue Heaven 1m interconnects-> Little Dot MKIII / Mullard M8100 -> Stock Cable with HD800
I'm hunting for a WA2 amp and probably a Toxic Cable Silver Poison.
Any other alternatives for replacing the Stock Cable?
I'd be inclined to run it with an O2/ODAC and EQ out the peaks and troughs. The HD600s are more neutral in terms of frequency response but basing your purchases purely around frequency response means that other factors such as soundstage and imaging may not be what you want. That way you get the clarity of the HD800s but with the neutrality that makes them less sibilant.
- What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking for a short in an amp... 3 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 31 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Headphone Amp, very good condition 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)