- 679 Posts. Joined 5/2005
- Location: Lynnfield, MA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2 and MrSpeakers Ether Flow... Last post on Yesterday at 11:49 pm in Currawong
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 2/26/17 at 8:57am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Foobar 2k -> ASIO -> X-Fi Titanium HD -> Little Dot MK III with Mullard 8100 tubes -> HD800 with stock cable (brand new)
The tube amp manages to sweeten a bit the coldness of the Titanium HD + the natural cold nature of the HD800.
Great for games, OK for movies and somewhat manageable for music (but not after 4+ hours of listening)
Overall great soundstage, fast and "electrostatic" bass.
I'm gathering some cash to purchase a Burson DA-160 and later on a WA2 amp.
FLAC -> Cardas Clear USB Cable -> Burson DA-160 DAC -> Nordost Blue Heaven 1m interconnects-> Little Dot MKIII / Mullard M8100 -> Stock Cable with HD800
I'm hunting for a WA2 amp and probably a Toxic Cable Silver Poison.
Any other alternatives for replacing the Stock Cable?
I'd be inclined to run it with an O2/ODAC and EQ out the peaks and troughs. The HD600s are more neutral in terms of frequency response but basing your purchases purely around frequency response means that other factors such as soundstage and imaging may not be what you want. That way you get the clarity of the HD800s but with the neutrality that makes them less sibilant.
Netbook + 4TB external HDD just for High Res files + Wadia 122 DAC + Woo WA22 + HD800 S latest. JRiver.
Fully balanced but looking for Cardas Clear 3 pin dual XLRs .
USB was using Jitterbug and now LANRover.
Going crazy with tubes unfortunately.
Wondering what the best power cord and interconnects would be for the set-up ?
Silver clad ?
I have to say that XRD files are amazing !
Mostly classical strings and female voices but Peter Gabriel and everything but RAP !
Some authorized dealer is selling the Wadias at cost! $600.00 off and nobody discounts those things and they rarely appear on the used market.
Thanks and Happy Listening,
Would love to put these in the Woo WA22 but not possible.
Cool Factor is very High.
Edited by tejanolibre - 2/20/17 at 11:49pm
These headphones pair very well with OTL tube amps, and this xduoo is just a great match because it has and output impedance that is pretty much same as the 300 ohm HD800. One thing is that the stock 12AU7 is terrible, running a Japanese HP brand 5963 equivalent tube now. The 6P19 tubes upgrade to Russian NOS didn't make of a difference, but I'll say those tubes are super microphonic, seems a design issue because 2/6 were acceptable.
The nice thing about this amp is that it brings all the instruments forward closer, which is a bit welcome for me considering the HD800 has a super vast sound stage which can get a like over done at times.
Alienware laptop -> Tidal -> Yggdrasil -> Ragnarok -> HD 800 stock cables (Forza Audioworks cable on its way).
I find the Ragnarok a very good pairing with the HD 800, they dont make them sound bright but rather very well extended and of course the yggy with it's resolution and imaging couples well with the HD 800 more than the HD 800S imo.
- What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup?
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 52 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 【White~Magic】=91-9958802839 bLaCK mAGIc sPeCIAlIsT bABA ji uae 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 5 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear