- 587 Posts. Joined 5/2005
- Location: Lynnfield, MA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 8/23/15 at 2:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Foobar 2k -> ASIO -> X-Fi Titanium HD -> Little Dot MK III with Mullard 8100 tubes -> HD800 with stock cable (brand new)
The tube amp manages to sweeten a bit the coldness of the Titanium HD + the natural cold nature of the HD800.
Great for games, OK for movies and somewhat manageable for music (but not after 4+ hours of listening)
Overall great soundstage, fast and "electrostatic" bass.
I'm gathering some cash to purchase a Burson DA-160 and later on a WA2 amp.
FLAC -> Cardas Clear USB Cable -> Burson DA-160 DAC -> Nordost Blue Heaven 1m interconnects-> Little Dot MKIII / Mullard M8100 -> Stock Cable with HD800
I'm hunting for a WA2 amp and probably a Toxic Cable Silver Poison.
Any other alternatives for replacing the Stock Cable?
I'd be inclined to run it with an O2/ODAC and EQ out the peaks and troughs. The HD600s are more neutral in terms of frequency response but basing your purchases purely around frequency response means that other factors such as soundstage and imaging may not be what you want. That way you get the clarity of the HD800s but with the neutrality that makes them less sibilant.
- What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup?
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Are amps necessary? 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iUSB3.0 launch – Houston, we have the 1st Prize Winner. (page 22) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Torque t402v supra/circumaural headphone tour - Reviewers wanted! 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2