- 570 Posts. Joined 5/2005
- Location: Lynnfield, MA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- listening perspective Last post on 2/9/15 at 12:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser 800HD: Cleaning and Replacement methods Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Foobar 2k -> ASIO -> X-Fi Titanium HD -> Little Dot MK III with Mullard 8100 tubes -> HD800 with stock cable (brand new)
The tube amp manages to sweeten a bit the coldness of the Titanium HD + the natural cold nature of the HD800.
Great for games, OK for movies and somewhat manageable for music (but not after 4+ hours of listening)
Overall great soundstage, fast and "electrostatic" bass.
I'm gathering some cash to purchase a Burson DA-160 and later on a WA2 amp.
FLAC -> Cardas Clear USB Cable -> Burson DA-160 DAC -> Nordost Blue Heaven 1m interconnects-> Little Dot MKIII / Mullard M8100 -> Stock Cable with HD800
I'm hunting for a WA2 amp and probably a Toxic Cable Silver Poison.
Any other alternatives for replacing the Stock Cable?
I'd be inclined to run it with an O2/ODAC and EQ out the peaks and troughs. The HD600s are more neutral in terms of frequency response but basing your purchases purely around frequency response means that other factors such as soundstage and imaging may not be what you want. That way you get the clarity of the HD800s but with the neutrality that makes them less sibilant.
- What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup?
- › LNMP Finishing touches - wiring the battery pack and enclosing 6 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition -Now keeping track in the OP! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Pro vs Phonon SMB02 DS-DAC ed vs Allesandro MS2 5 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 5 minutes ago
- › PHONON SMB-02 - HOLY GRAIL 6 minutes ago
- › Video ads are insufferable! 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › GM releasing software that tattles on teen...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)