I'm having trouble deciding between the sennheiser hd 598s and the hd 25-1 iis. I'm looking for the one with the best audio quality. Portability isn't a priority, but it's nice to have the option. If the audio quality is comparable between the two, i will probably be getting the hd 25s since they are portable.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Home Headphones, Already have Sennheiser HD 25-II - Rock, Stoner, Metal Last post on 3/27/13 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- For anime, Grado 80i vs Sony insertmodelhere Last post on 12/24/12 at 1:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend me a headphones Last post on 12/20/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Confused New comer please help! Last post on 12/2/12 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- You're my only hope... Last post on 12/5/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Sennheiser hd 598s vs hd25-1 iis
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That should be an easy decision. I wouldn't consider the hd 598s portable at all. They are an open design, leak sound and let sound in. If your mainly listening at home, get the 598s. I own them, and love them the sound quality paired with my asus stx + lossless is amazing.
I dont own the 25s so I cant tell you which has better quality. However, one is open, one is closed. That should help you make a decision based on your music preference.
The thing is, portability doesn't really matter that much to me. I just want the pair of headphones that sounds the best. However, if the sound quality in the hd-25s is comparable to the hd 598s, then i will probably get them because its nice to have the option of traveling with them.
- Sennheiser hd 598s vs hd25-1 iis
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 17 seconds ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 25 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Closed can with good sound stage 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 3 minutes ago
- › Vision Ear V 6 With X Control is The most expensive Custom IEM in... 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)