I'm having trouble deciding between the sennheiser hd 598s and the hd 25-1 iis. I'm looking for the one with the best audio quality. Portability isn't a priority, but it's nice to have the option. If the audio quality is comparable between the two, i will probably be getting the hd 25s since they are portable.
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300? Last post on 7/1/13 at 6:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Appealing Headphone Ever Seen? Last post on 5/9/13 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Home Headphones, Already have Sennheiser HD 25-II - Rock, Stoner, Metal Last post on 3/27/13 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on buying new headphones Last post on 1/23/13 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser hd 598s vs hd25-1 iis
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That should be an easy decision. I wouldn't consider the hd 598s portable at all. They are an open design, leak sound and let sound in. If your mainly listening at home, get the 598s. I own them, and love them the sound quality paired with my asus stx + lossless is amazing.
I dont own the 25s so I cant tell you which has better quality. However, one is open, one is closed. That should help you make a decision based on your music preference.
The thing is, portability doesn't really matter that much to me. I just want the pair of headphones that sounds the best. However, if the sound quality in the hd-25s is comparable to the hd 598s, then i will probably get them because its nice to have the option of traveling with them.
- Sennheiser hd 598s vs hd25-1 iis
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Anyone know any similar songs, pieces to these, and in what genre... 47 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Boston Meet? 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 6 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2