I'm having trouble deciding between the sennheiser hd 598s and the hd 25-1 iis. I'm looking for the one with the best audio quality. Portability isn't a priority, but it's nice to have the option. If the audio quality is comparable between the two, i will probably be getting the hd 25s since they are portable.
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300? Last post on 7/1/13 at 6:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Appealing Headphone Ever Seen? Last post on 5/9/13 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Home Headphones, Already have Sennheiser HD 25-II - Rock, Stoner, Metal Last post on 3/27/13 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on buying new headphones Last post on 1/23/13 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Introduction The A83 have been on my wish list for a while now, saw them at a reasonable price so thought why not snatch them up. So here we are I finally have the lovelies plugged into my ears...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour, this is my first time listening to high end DAP! Introduction I...
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Sennheiser hd 598s vs hd25-1 iis
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That should be an easy decision. I wouldn't consider the hd 598s portable at all. They are an open design, leak sound and let sound in. If your mainly listening at home, get the 598s. I own them, and love them the sound quality paired with my asus stx + lossless is amazing.
I dont own the 25s so I cant tell you which has better quality. However, one is open, one is closed. That should help you make a decision based on your music preference.
The thing is, portability doesn't really matter that much to me. I just want the pair of headphones that sounds the best. However, if the sound quality in the hd-25s is comparable to the hd 598s, then i will probably get them because its nice to have the option of traveling with them.
- Sennheiser hd 598s vs hd25-1 iis
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 32 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews? 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2