Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 "Vegan" Earpads - feedback, installation & mini-review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 "Vegan" Earpads - feedback, installation & mini-review - Page 7

post #91 of 101

1. Yes-there won't be any sticky residue mess (hopefully)

2. Extra rings are so you can change at another time, should you need to replace the adhesive.

3. Line up the seam of the pad with the hole in the ear cup.  Just the "hole" side (faces front), not the hole with the slot side (faces the rear).  Have a look at them before you take the LCD 2 pads off.

 

You will be fine.

post #92 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernmac View Post

1. Yes-there won't be any sticky residue mess (hopefully)
2. Extra rings are so you can change at another time, should you need to replace the adhesive.
3. Line up the seam of the pad with the hole in the ear cup.  Just the "hole" side (faces front), not the hole with the slot side (faces the rear).  Have a look at them before you take the LCD 2 pads off.

You will be fine.

Thank you. I shall try it now.
post #93 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post


Thank you. I shall try it now.

 

So how did it go?

post #94 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernmac View Post

So how did it go?
It went well. Thank you so much.
post #95 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post


Okay I've just received the LCD3 pads for my LCD2.2 but before I put them on I have a couple of questions:
1. If I don't like the LCD3 pads is it easy to remove and put back the originals? What I mean is do the adhesive leave a sticky mess whether on the earcup or earpad?
2. Is that why I get 4 adhesive rings with my pair of LCD3 rings? In case I make a mess of it?
3. What is the best way to make absolutely sure I align the new pads correctly? Unlike pads that slip onto a ring, I'm wondering if there are any markers I can use.

Thanks.

 

Weird, from my experience once you put the new pads you cannot use the old earpads, the old pads are essentially garbage.

I hope Audeze make LCD4 with the non glue earpads.  For now I am skipping LCDX, LCDXC, LCD3. waiting for LCD4 :)

post #96 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 

 

Weird, from my experience once you put the new pads you cannot use the old earpads, the old pads are essentially garbage.

I hope Audeze make LCD4 with the non glue earpads.  For now I am skipping LCDX, LCDXC, LCD3. waiting for LCD4 :)

I just replaced the Vegan pads with new leather - the vegan pads came off easily and look like they're brand new - no damage whatsoever.

post #97 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpete View Post
 

I just replaced the Vegan pads with new leather - the vegan pads came off easily and look like they're brand new - no damage whatsoever.

 

,,,? And the effects? How does the sound compare? Are they more/less comfortable?

post #98 of 101

Are the vegan pads durable? I bought a pair of hifi hybrid pads and they were the poorest quality. They glued the pads together so if you lock them on too hard they fall apart. This is the end result. I'm hoping the vegan pads have no glue.

 

Biggest waste of $40. What makes it worse is I ordered them directly from hifi.

 

post #99 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folex View Post
 

Are the vegan pads durable? I bought a pair of hifi hybrid pads and they were the poorest quality. They glued the pads together so if you lock them on too hard they fall apart. This is the end result. I'm hoping the vegan pads have no glue.

 

Biggest waste of $40. What makes it worse is I ordered them directly from hifi.

 

I've had my vegan pads since fall 2012 and they're still in great shape.  Very comfortable, never overheat and never smell from sweat.

post #100 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagothur View Post
 

I've had my vegan pads since fall 2012 and they're still in great shape.  Very comfortable, never overheat and never smell from sweat.

 

You sold me. Those were the 3 questions I had and you magically answered them all. Thanks

post #101 of 101

The smell?

 

I've this week received my LCD-2f, with vegan pads (my first Audeze phones). They're very soft. But they have a horrible chemical smell that rips into the back of my throat.

 

Has anyone else noticed this and, if so, how long did it take for the smell to go away, if it did?

 

Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 "Vegan" Earpads - feedback, installation & mini-review