Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 "Vegan" Earpads - feedback, installation & mini-review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 "Vegan" Earpads - feedback, installation & mini-review - Page 2

post #16 of 96

Oh I am so gonna get this, my LCD2 is so uncomfortable I barely use it, was thinking of getting another open headphone but will give this a try.

 

Thank !.

post #17 of 96


That's a pity... If new pads doesn't work, the HE-500 is a good alternative, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Oh I am so gonna get this, my LCD2 is so uncomfortable I barely use it, was thinking of getting another open headphone but will give this a try.

 

Thank !.



 

post #18 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post


That's a pity... If new pads doesn't work, the HE-500 is a good alternative, though.



 



 

 

Ya, I am seriously considering HE6 or HD800, (HD800 for sound stage vs HE6 for sound signature). :D
post #19 of 96


Why do you find the LCD-2 uncomortable? I am sure you are aware that HE6 and HD800 is quite far away from the LCD-2 sound sig.. The HD800 has a "front-clamp" which I found uncomfortable, my LCD-2 also has an uneven clamping on my head (more in the front) but less than the HD800. But the reason I sold the HD800  was because it was terribly bright and linical sounding. The HE500 on the other hand is lovely. Slightly brighter than the LCD-2 but in a nice way.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post



 

 

Ya, I am seriously considering HE6 or HD800, (HD800 for sound stage vs HE6 for sound signature). :D


 

post #20 of 96


Tried flipping the headband around, but realized it doesn't work due to the swivel-stop, the metal semi-circle connecting the headband and the cup has a tiny flip that goes into the slot in the wood (center of picture below) The other (front) side of the cup doesn't have this slot, so unless one i  willing to cut off the metal flip, the reverse headband-mod doesn't work..

 

 

LCD2_VV5.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundbot View Post

Ardilla if you get around to flipping the band around please let me know how that goes!



 

post #21 of 96

Oh man, that is too bad!  I was really hoping to hear it improving the comfort level.  

post #22 of 96

Has anymore testing been done in regards to sound? Is it better or worse with these new pads?

 

I actually find the Leather pads to be very comfortable on slot 2 from the top, yet, I am open to new things. But if I were to actually buy these, I would have to have the Vegan Headband as well, cause otherwise it'd look funny. blink.gif

 

Funny Looking


Edited by Deverica Wolf - 3/21/12 at 8:21am
post #23 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post


Why do you find the LCD-2 uncomortable? I am sure you are aware that HE6 and HD800 is quite far away from the LCD-2 sound sig.. The HD800 has a "front-clamp" which I found uncomfortable, my LCD-2 also has an uneven clamping on my head (more in the front) but less than the HD800. But the reason I sold the HD800  was because it was terribly bright and linical sounding. The HE500 on the other hand is lovely. Slightly brighter than the LCD-2 but in a nice way.  



 



 

 

I tried HD800, most people found comfortable but not me. The pads are way too thin and clamping all around my ears. As for the sound signature/quality, yes, nothing beats LCD2, I found HD800 too artificial and lack in the bass department. Felt like all other Sennheiser headphones HD650, 600, 595 etc. (I test them all). But I am going for the sound signature as "another" collection headphone :) And, lastly, for me LCD2 is very uncomfortable, the way the pads are designed is that the real is thicker than the front and clamping the front of my ears which eventually gives me a headache. Can they design headphones like Denons ?
post #24 of 96

I find the frontal clamping slightly uncomfortable as well, and I also did with the HD800. 

 

Which version of the LCD-2 did you try? The newest pads are really a lot more comfortable
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

I tried HD800, most people found comfortable but not me. The pads are way too thin and clamping all around my ears.As for the sound signature/quality, yes, nothing beats LCD2, I found HD800 too artificial and lack in the bass department. Felt like all other Sennheiser headphones HD650, 600, 595 etc. (I test them all).But I am going for the sound signature as "another" collection headphone :)And, lastly, for me LCD2 is very uncomfortable, the way the pads are designed is that the real is thicker than the front and clamping the front of my ears which eventually gives me a headache. Can they design headphones like Denons ?


 

post #25 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

I find the frontal clamping slightly uncomfortable as well, and I also did with the HD800. 

 

Which version of the LCD-2 did you try? The newest pads are really a lot more comfortable
 



 



 

 

Haha, you know what ? I don't know which version I have, how do you tell ? I have the LCD2 with metal band, it was the replacement of the bad batch that had back in June last year. Can you differentiate visually from r1 vs r2 ?
post #26 of 96

You can send Audez'e an email with the Serial number for an ID

 

The new pads are thicker and softer. You can also post a pic of your pair here and I we'll have a guessing contest going  :) I think the metal headband went from standard to "special order" when they introduced the rev.2 (you can still get the metal headband, many people find it more comfy)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Haha, you know what ? I don't know which version I have, how do you tell ?I have the LCD2 with metal band, it was the replacement of the bad batch that had back in June last year.Can you differentiate visually from r1 vs r2 ?


 


Edited by ardilla - 3/22/12 at 3:41am
post #27 of 96

I was all set to order these pads until I discovered the cost is $80 and $40 to ship to Canada. Yeah, $120 for pads. Sure.

 

 

Ridiculous.

post #28 of 96

Ask Audez'e to ship by cheap class USPS manually. Send them an email. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I was all set to order these pads until I discovered the cost is $80 and $40 to ship to Canada. Yeah, $120 for pads. Sure.

 

 

Ridiculous.



 

post #29 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I was all set to order these pads until I discovered the cost is $80 and $40 to ship to Canada. Yeah, $120 for pads. Sure.

 

 

Ridiculous.


Haha, still cant beat Beyer. I just found out that replacement "hand stitched leather-made in Germany" pads for my Beyer T5p would run $200 before shipping. Luckily the guy I bought them from kept them in great condition.

 

post #30 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

Ask Audez'e to ship by cheap class USPS manually. Send them an email. 


Thanks, I'll try that, if I ever get over the $80 base cost of the pads..

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 "Vegan" Earpads - feedback, installation & mini-review