You guys are hardcore! Though I guess it's not a blind purchase judging from the established quality of the prior Yulong models.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAnedio D1 DACtagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/2/12
- productEastern Electric MiniMax Dactagged by System, 6/2/12
- productMatrix Quattro Dactagged by System, 6/2/12
- productweiss audio DAC202tagged by System, 6/2/12
- productWyred4Sound DAC-2tagged by System, 6/2/12
- productYulong D100tagged by System, 6/2/12
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by System, 6/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best DAC from $1500 to $2500 (or so) Can anything beat the Eastern Electric Minimax? Last post on 4/29/16 at 5:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- best DAC under 1000$ + question Last post on 12/22/15 at 10:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with selecting a DAC Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:11am in Computer Audio
- What headphone DAC/Amps use the ESS Sabre DAC chip? Last post on 10/3/12 at 11:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full review added 2/5) - Page 37post #541 of 10329/22/12 at 6:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 10329/22/12 at 9:14amQuote:
lol! Coming from the King of Head-fi addiction!
Thanks for the PM too btw.post #543 of 10329/22/12 at 10:17am
I must admit that buying the A8 and D8 under the circumstances is a leap of faith. My bet is calculated based on the fact that Yulong has a legacy of making good products. From my understanding he is not doing a complete design change here. It seems as though he is building on the foundation of the A18/D18 for these new models. Tweaking and improving where he sees potential. Additionally, if this these are to be his “statement” products, examples of his design skills, showcasing what he can create outside the normal constraints of pricing and marketing, I suspect he will want to put out good stuff. To do otherwise under this premise would be especially detrimental to his reputation.
Yulongs entire line of products has, to this point, represented excellent “value’. I will not be judging the A8/D8 according to this trend. I expect that these new products will sound wonderful; but, at the same time, I realise that the factor of diminishing returns will definitely kick in on this statement line. I am not expecting anything more than a refinement on the A18/D18 sound. To what degree remains to be seen I guess.
I was itching to buy a balanced amp. I had been researching all my options and was about to pull the trigger on something else when this opportunity came up. I certainly admit that buying this combo blind is taking a chance but I believe it is a relatively safe bet that the A8 & D8 will perform at a high level.
Edited by mrcasey - 9/22/12 at 10:21ampost #544 of 10329/22/12 at 10:44am
I have been so impressed with what he can do with the small, relatively simple design (in comparison the ref audio-gd) of the d18/a18 that I sold my flagship balanced audio_gd setup which I loved.
The thought of taking the d8/a8 all the way is enough for me to invest on the spot.post #545 of 10329/22/12 at 10:49am
D8, will it use 2 es9018 like hifiman 901?
i will pay deposit next week too.
our club member here may already occupy 20 pieces.
latest news from yulong boss: my hong kong delivery will be after apr 2013.post #546 of 10329/22/12 at 11:08ampost #547 of 10329/23/12 at 3:26am
I couldn't do it, you guys are troopers.
Waiting an extra week+ for the Gungnir is driving me nuts!
I'm sure the results will be great for all of you though.
I thought about it, the prospect of the D8 intrigued me but then I would want an A8 to go with it and I can't justify that.
Plus as I said I couldn't wait that long...
Edited by grokit - 9/23/12 at 3:27ampost #548 of 10329/23/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
Where did you hear about April delivery? Do u have a link?
I must say April is a bit longer than expected which suxpost #549 of 10329/23/12 at 7:59pmQuote:
no link, i sent a pm to yulong directly and asked because i am not living in usa, how to reserve d8.
he replied me back del will be after Apr/2013.post #550 of 10329/24/12 at 12:54pmpost #551 of 10329/24/12 at 1:25pmpost #552 of 10329/24/12 at 4:36pmQuote:
How does this compare to the V-Link 192?post #553 of 10329/24/12 at 7:31pmpost #554 of 10329/24/12 at 8:28pmQuote:
I am ordering two with the external power supplies at the end of this week. Will post when I get a chance to try them out.
Edited by mrcasey - 9/24/12 at 8:31pmpost #555 of 10329/25/12 at 12:15am
I see - that's a good thing. However, it's uses power from the USB. This unit has a separate power supply. Ummm.
- Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full review added 2/5)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › TTVJ SLIM PORTABLE AMP (NON DAC) GREAT SHAPE ORIGINAL OWNER! 8 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 9 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear